How do you stop Growing Crowd Disorder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do what the do in Squid games only instead of moving
Shoot everyone getting onto pitch
Only way to make sure
Start off at Dum pigs 🐷
Then Scum
Yes,that would do it,announce pre-match,"If you encroach onto the playing area,you will be executed".

No magic bullet for this no pun intended but for what it’s worth just some thoughts

Set up a panel which PL, EFL & FA sign up to. Chair independent judge with panel members from PFA, Supporters group.
Offences assessed and different levels

Level 1 minor event with no aggravating factors
Level 2 serious incursion with no other aggravating factors
Level 3 presence of aggravating factors

Aggravating factors
Assault of players or staff (inc stewards and police)
Serious damage
Attempting to or attacking opposition supporters

Sentences
Written warning (only get one of these and not for events with aggravating factors )
Fine
Partial or full stadium closure
Points deducted or disqualification from competition if a cup game ( if already out disqualification from the following season’s competition). Disqualification would also include play off games either semi or indeed final.

All sentences apply to a club whether or not the offence was at their ground. Offences are cumulative so repeat offenders start at a higher level of sentence than their previous “conviction “

We need fans to start policing themselves too so that this becomes unacceptable behaviour. Only punishing the club is likely to make a difference but I do accept that anything like this is likely to be subject of legal challenge and could have a very serious consequence on some club’s finances but I’m not sure how else you incentivise improving behaviour of fanbases

Some European grounds have a clear screen, I'm sure there is a technical term for them but I'd describe them similar to plexi glass which you get around rinks at Ice Hockey.

If push came to shove then I'd see this a a decent option, doesn't have to be too high either, 10/15ft and could be incorporated into the advertising boards so there's still room to walk down to the front when entering/exiting.
The downside of this is no more unsuspecting people getting leathered in the face with a ball in pre-match warm ups

IMO you have to look at context - As we all know pitch invasions happen when a big result comes off

I know. After losing the three cups they should have won at a canter, scraping over the line to win the league by a point which they should win by a dozen qualifies as a big result

The downside of this is no more unsuspecting people getting leathered in the face with a ball in pre-match warm ups

That happened to me as a kid, Alan Cork put one over the bar during warm up which hit me right in the shoulder. My dad kept hold of the ball as compensation.

If whatever they decide to do stops those nobhead selfie pitch invaders I’ll be happy

Did anyone else what happened after Saint-Etienne got relegated this evening? Another pitch invasion. Fireworks, flares and all sorts being launched at players and officials. This is pretty shocking to see.

Did anyone else what happened after Saint-Etienne got relegated this evening? Another pitch invasion. Fireworks, flares and all sorts being launched at players and officials. This is pretty shocking to see.

I sometimes get criticised for sharing the odd negative comment about our players but thus far I've never launched explosive missiles at them.
However , this footage convinces me that I should stop pussyfooting around.

They don't mess around do they..

Back
Top Bottom