Wilders improvement

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Again the myth that they were headed to League One have a look at the table the day Wilder took over. It dispels that claim.
They sacked Warnock as he was getting them promoted… Boro were playing dreadful football with Warnock. They didn’t sack Warnock due to them being amazing and heading for promotion?

Edit: but I don’t need to split hairs. If you agree with everything other than that part then we mostly agree.

The one thing I wish he’d stop doing is talking about the past though, every time we get battered he’s almost saying ‘this isn’t my team, my teams work harder than this lot do’.

His press conferences have become difficult to extract anything positive from. Not because I expect him to tell us everything is fine, but whenever we get pumped he is quick to remind everyone how this current side was getting battered before he arrived.

It's also sad to see him becoming a bit of a Warnockesque parody of himself. Every time I listen to him I play a little game or Wilder-lingo-bingo where I anticipate how many times he'll recycle the same phrases;

"Give ourselves an opportunity"
"our approach"
"blueprint"
"games of football"
"listen" (although Hecky won this one)
"Point of View"

I'll forever admire & respect the job Wilder did between 2016-2020, I prefer to remember him this way when his extraordinary success justified why he was bullish and cocksure. However since then his ego has proven too fragile for the challenge that lays ahead. He looks and sounds defeated when we desperately need fresh ideas and appetite.

They sacked Warnock as he was getting them promoted… Boro were playing dreadful football with Warnock. They didn’t sack Warnock due to them being amazing and heading for promotion?

Edit: but I don’t need to split hairs. If you agree with everything other than that part then we mostly agree.

You said Wilder took over when Boro were heading to L1. They weren't.
They were 10pts clear of relegation and 4pts off the Play Offs

You said Wilder took over when Boro were heading to L1. They weren't.
They were 10pts clear of relegation and 4pts off the Play Offs
Boro flirted with relegation season before that’s why Warnock came in. They thought the same was coming and thought a downward trend was coming that’s usually why managers get changed. Hence the change. They wanted to move forwards and they did that with Wilder first season.

Boro fans now were all over twitter worried about getting dragged into a relegation scrap until they won in midweek. I didn’t think they were and I would summise you don’t too. But fans of the own clubs have their own opinions and thoughts about the way the club is going.

Boro flirted with relegation season before that’s why Warnock came in. They thought the same was coming and thought a downward trend was coming that’s usually why managers get changed. Hence the change.

You obviously know a lot more about Middlesbrough than I do, so i'll leave it there.

I was merely pointing out that Boro were closer to the Play Offs than relegation when Wilder took over. They weren't "heading to League 1"

Talk is cheap agents at it all the time.
Mcbernies fitness record will go against him for any contract at blades or elsware.
Wes won't get a better deal than we are offering in my opinion. We have competitive wage structure in the championship,after all that's what they are : championship players

I think Wes may feel that the club haven't treated him all that well. He was only signed as a cover keeper in the Prem so was probably on lower wages because of that and then took the contractual wage cut when we were relegated. He had a good season last year and probably expected a new contract upon promotion. Instead we took up the option on his existing deal.

You're right that fitness issues make McBurnie a difficult case. Although he's worth nothing like what we paid for him, as a fully fit player under contract he would be worth a fee out of the reach of most Championship clubs, so there may be a few willing to take that gamble.

You obviously know a lot more about Middlesbrough than I do, so i'll leave it there.

I was merely pointing out that Boro were closer to the Play Offs than relegation when Wilder took over. They weren't "heading to League 1"

I spoke to a few Boro fans who were more than delighted when Wilder left. His petulance got their back up too.

I don’t know more about Middlesbrough. As I said previously family members are supporters up there.

They raved about Wilder until the Burnely job came up and Wilder handled it dreadfully. I’m meant to be his biggest supporter etc but Gibson did well not to sack him on the spot.

Wilder has never been relegated, has he?
Although if he’d stayed with us last time ……. but then he managed to avoid that little blot on his CV.
Not being pessimistic or anything but does he realise how bad our position is and what being at the wrong end of the table at the end of this season means.?

It astounds me that wilder walked back into the same situation that he walked away from previously when he couldn't hack it .
It was a strange appointment and one I was against, mainly because of the way he fucked of last time .
He should have tuffed it out with us and gone down with us and then regrouped in the championship.
I'm sorry but I can't forgive him for jumping ship .

Wilder has never been relegated, has he?
Although if he’d stayed with us last time ……. but then he managed to avoid that little blot on his CV.
Not being pessimistic or anything but does he realise how bad our position is and what being at the wrong end of the table at the end of this season means.?
Cannot say about a CV etc managers don’t really hand a CV in well typed up on word.

The relegation first time round is 100% him.

This time it’s not 😂

I am always up for debate. I like to understand why someone has there view point.

My comment on mid table is that Wilder would currently have us 3rd bottom which is deemed not good enough. He was never coming in and turnings us better than what he’s done?

We prayed for 4th bottom form. Knowing that we started so far behind 4th bottom home wouldn’t be enough and we would need mid table form to claw back the points.

We played well at Wolves only 10 or so days ago. We were the better side and should have won. We played Luton twice won one and threw the other away. We beat Brentford who are down their with us.

I’m not judging Wilder against Arsenal / Brighton / Villa as we will lose that with Pep in charge. We have Liverpool coming up we have already lost etc.

Both Hecky and Wilder aren’t able to compete against the top section / middle section of teams in the PL.

Hecky couldn’t compete against the bottom section of teams with 5-0 battering by Burnley and Bournmouth.

We seem to do well and battle against the bottom section of teams with Wilder. A good example will be this Saturday to compare the difference.
From what I remember (trying to forget if we're honest!), we lost 1-3 at home to Bournemouth, but the performance was dire, if anything worse than the Newcastle game because of the relative quality of the 2 sides.

I think Wes may feel that the club haven't treated him all that well. He was only signed as a cover keeper in the Prem so was probably on lower wages because of that and then took the contractual wage cut when we were relegated. He had a good season last year and probably expected a new contract upon promotion. Instead we took up the option on his existing deal.

You're right that fitness issues make McBurnie a difficult case. Although he's worth nothing like what we paid for him, as a fully fit player under contract he would be worth a fee out of the reach of most Championship clubs, so there may be a few willing to take that gamble.
I’m sure there would have been a PL uptick in Wes’ contract.

He was a decent Champ keeper for us but he’s far too generous with some of his mistakes; Bournemouth this weekend is a timely reminder of how his incompetence ended all hope in the home fixture.

Another point on the Wilder board.

Be interesting to see come the end of the season if he would have kept us up!

2 points of Scabs.

Attachments

• IMG_0415.jpeg
    IMG_0415.jpeg
    383.2 KB · Views: 44

One thing that hasn't improved is his interviews.

Becoming Warnockesque.

Yeah I'm all aboard the media attitude letting Burnley off much lighter than us, but those comments after the game did neither himself nor the club any favours.

Shame as that would have put us in relegation zone in GD. How the mood would have been so different going into these last few games.

IMG_0655.jpeg

The day Henderson crashed into JOC’s knee signalled the beginning of the end of Wilder’s managerial career.

This is his last Job in management

Nope you are not but 3-1 up at home and 2-0 up away in the last 2 and our manager makes horrendous subs in both. You also watched that ?
I definitely watched that but tbh I couldn't care less as the season is far from gone now, I'll be much more bothered next season. Even then with the amount of games you can make some mistakes and succeed as we know.

Nope you are not but 3-1 up at home and 2-0 up away in the last 2 and our manager makes horrendous subs in both. You also watched that ?
And didn’t the self same manager get the team in position to lead both those games?
He does need to realise that Trusty and Norwood are truly bombscare subs though.

Reactions: SWB
The day Henderson crashed into JOC’s knee signalled the beginning of the end of Wilder’s managerial career.

And yet he would have us 3 points of safety! So you wanted a manager to come in and get us playing mid table football 😂

You must think our squad is exceptionally good.

I definitely watched that but tbh I couldn't care less as the season is far from gone now, I'll be much more bothered next season. Even then with the amount of games you can make some mistakes and succeed as we know.
Next season we will be a lot fitter, and actually sign some good championship players. People like Traore / Slimane / Trusty / Souza aren’t good championship players.

At least we know Hamer is.

Squad needs a total overhaul.

Horrendous forced subs because our players aren't anywhere near fit enough

No way will this be his last job in management, if he became available loads of lower league sides would be lining up to have him.

No way will this be his last job in management, if he became available loads of lower league sides would be lining up to have him.
He’s done enough to get another PL job. To turn us round to being competitive from being the laughing stock of the league would get him another job. Be a bad team like us like.

Back
Top Bottom