Hecky's Legacy GRAPH!!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's got a line for zero (0) at the top. That's my point.
If you’d ever graphed with Excel you would know that, if your graph actually runs along an axis, then that section of the line of your graph virtually disappears - so you have to make sure that your graph is always clear of the axis. As there is a run when the Blades were number 1, the axis has to start at zero.
Technology is never perfect!

Going Up-Staying Down
UTB

If you’d ever graphed with Excel you would know that, if your graph actually runs along an axis, then that section of the line of your graph virtually disappears - so you have to make sure that your graph is always clear of the axis. As there is a run when the Blades were number 1, the axis has to start at zero.

Going Up-Staying Down
UTB

You forgt our porcine neighbours. Their graph has it going off the scale . . .

. . . and up the wall. Remember they're massive (or massive on delusionary drugs).

UTB

Excellent stuff. Our hecky really is special. People can say we've effectively had a fairly heavy premiership squad, however many under performing teams this season did. Eg Watford, Norwich and maybe West brom to some extent and all have massively under performed likely due to shit management.

I posted a table yesterday showing that if we win the last 2 games this will be our best ever season at the second level.
(I’ve put the table on here again under the graph for anybody that missed it.)

The only comments that I got yesterday were demands that I produce a graph rather than just a table – so I am clearly typecast as a one-trick pony!

Anyway, by public demand, I have calculated the 320 data points (2 to go!) for the 7 seasons and dutifully entered them and plotted them. As all seven seasons were very successful, it did mean that the lines were close together, so I’ve had to stretch the graph and play around with colours and dashes, but you can make most things out OK on a laptop – more difficult on a phone! As I said yesterday, to be able to make the comparison the extra 4 games for the 42 game seasons have had to be at the average points per game over the actual 42. I've left our games this season as the labels on the bottom, as I think it's more interesting than Match1, Match 2 etc - you can remember how you felt after each game that way.

60/61 was an interesting season, 15 wins and a draw in the first 19 games, then 6 games without a win – a bit like our 2 points from 6 games in October. We also went to the cup semi-final that year, which we lost to Leicester after 2 replays! About 8 years ago I was on a train across to Chester after a game and an old chap told me that he used to play for United. His wife immediately chipped in that he had scored a hat-trick in the Cup at Newcastle. His name was Billy Russell, and that was the quarter final in 1961. They were a really nice couple.

So – here’s the graph – hopefully next Monday Hecky’s little red line will push itself to the top, above Reg Freeman!

UTB & Slava Ukraini

Hecky’s Legacy Graph:
View attachment 159577

Hecky's Legacy Table:
View attachment 159578
Great stuff, but you've actually not included our best ever performance in the second tier in points per game terms.

In 1892-3 we got 35 points from 22 games (W16 D3 L3). This would have been 51 points by 3 for a win, or 2.31 per game, or 106.2 points in a 46 game season.

A long, long time ago, and a lot of things were different, of course.

Great stuff, but you've actually not included our best ever performance in the second tier in points per game terms.

In 1892-3 we got 35 points from 22 games (W16 D3 L3). This would have been 51 points by 3 for a win, or 2.31 per game, or 106.2 points in a 46 game season.

A long, long time ago, and a lot of things were different, of course.
I actually started just looking post war (1946 on) then somebody else looked back and found nothing better back to WW One.

So I went all the way back, but stopped when seasons went below 30 - as I didn’t feel the comparison was fair. Probably almost still cricketers playing for fun! So that was 1893-94.

Mind you with Ted Hemsley that was still true when I started watching!!

UTB & Slava Ukraini

Going Up-Staying Down
UTB
There's ways and means.

1683192327633.png

I reckon you’ve cut the 1 down to 0.9 you little monkey.
Good Thinking.

Going Up-Staying Down

Back
Top Bottom