CONFIRMED Hecky Sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the frame but has to over turn the other guy, who is the frame to. I can't name him.
In fairness, we just need a manager manager who can organise rhe team and make them give a shit rather as oppsed to the recent horror shows. I expect us to lose most games at this level, but it is the way we are losing means that, for me, he has to go

even though he had to go last saturday. after Bournemouth. im still very sad it came to this & i take no pleasure in this, as on a personal level he's a great man, very honest, i quite enjoyed his post match interview v burnley because of the honesty & always be grateful for his time here, as getting promotion under what seems to be very tough circumstances. might just have saved the club. with how precarious finances seemed to be

but 1 thing i will say. we need a clean break to from 352 era its been 8 years. my 2 cents ill like to see hassenhutel i thought he was decent for most part at Southampton

It’ll be more of the same with Wilder, 352, no plan B, except with the players being publicly thrown under the bus this time.

He’s got a lot to do to get into favour imo. Joke move.

Hecky had to go but why bring back the creator of the system he inherited and expect any difference?

Heckys record before us wasn't great. Did a job keeping the wheels on when the owner was dismantling the car.

Thank you for the promotion and rebuilding from the Slav slump.

Trouble is he wasn’t up to keeping the wheels on and clearly couldn’t change them despite some being flat.

even though he had to go last saturday. after Bournemouth. im still very sad it came to this & i take no pleasure in this, as on a personal level he's a great man, very honest, i quite enjoyed his post match interview v burnley because of the honesty & always be grateful for his time here, as getting promotion under what seems to be very tough circumstances. might just have saved the club. with how precarious finances seemed to be

but 1 thing i will say. we need a clean break to from 352 era its been 8 years. my 2 cents ill like to see hassenhutel i thought he was decent for most part at Southampton

That's my issue - if it's Wilder will it be more of the same of what we've seen? Our system is outdated, we need to move away from 3-5-2 but can Wilder work another way?

It’ll be more of the same with Wilder, 352, no plan B, except with the players being publicly thrown under the bus this time.

He’s got a lot to do to get into favour imo. Joke move.

Hecky had to go but why bring back the creator of the system he inherited and expect any difference?
He’s looking well, the break’s done him good 😊

He should tell it as he sees it, but should also accept his own part in this shitshow with his tactics and team selections. “Having to go with what we’ve got” doesn’t excuse his poor management.?
TBF to Hecky it’s like putting you in charge of BP’s finances. You’d take the job for your CV, you’d give it everything you’ve got but probably bankrupt them within 3 years with everyone saying you weren’t up to the job. And they’d be right but it’s not your fault, the board tried a cheap option and the inevitable happened. No doubt your‘re a nice guy and you gave it 100% but didn’t have the necessary skill set or borad supporting you.

Last edited:
I do feel sorry for Heckingbottom. I can fully understand the "I can walk out of here with my head held high" comment because he's probably saying "Despite all the crap behind the scenes I know I've done my best" and to be honest that's all anyone can ask.

If your best isn't good enough then it's up to the hierarchy above to decide whether to change. Sounds like they have but the surprising thing is that it's come this late.
I suppose the Wolves win and Brighton draw may have come at a good/bad time for this to happen.

He's definitely been dealt a bad hand by the Prince, and it's testament to him that he got us up last season and on the face of it carried on this season.
If Hecky is ever given the chance to write or talk about his time here I reckon there will be some real eye-opening moments.

But there are aspects of our play this season which no matter what quality you have on the pitch shouldn't be happening. And that is down to the management team to address. The injury situation will be an interesting one to monitor now too, will we start to see less injuries pile up?

If it's Wilder then we have to hope he's got his mojo back. We need to start trying different things too.
Whoever it is needs to instill a "us against the world" attitude again. Something that seems to have gone this season.

Papers reporting Hecky having a dig at the owners for saving not spending, losing his best players, players letting him down etc, thats not the Hecky we've known, looks like a man who knows he's on his way out to me

Reckon they had a chat and he was made aware that the 4 points pre Int break gave him a stay of execution, but made aware the next 2 games against relegation candidates are vital - another 4 points and were looking ok, 2 is not a disaster but borderline

We go and get pumped 8-1

He will have known to expect the call, and with an opportunity to give his final words to the media, and mindful of him looking for a new job soon enough, he threw the club under the bus - which is fine, whether you blame the board for Berge & Ndaiye leaving, their agents or the players themselves, he did a brain dump of months of frustration

GLTTL - made us respectable after Wilder, got us up last year - but was anyone every really convinced - in the way we were under Bassett, Warnock, Wilder? Even last year we sometimes limped to a 1-0 when we should have been smashing teams

Now lets go and find someone who can install fire, pride and a never quit attitude

It's either....too little too late...or...the prince's desperation to do something, anything, means it's a last throw of the dice based on his unsustainable valuation of SUFC. Time to move on Abdullah, surely there's a club somewhere that you can outsmart the current owner and attempt round two of your carpetbagger persona?

It’s the right time. No doubting that.

That said, the blokes been a fall guy for the wider financial issues at the club.

Ever tried managing a squad of players, most of whom are not tied to the club beyond the summer ?

Where the net spend on promotion to the PL was the square root of fuck all ?

He’s had a raw deal. No doubt in my mind.

But his recruitment, much like the gaffer we had last time we got promoted to the PL, has been poor.

Not much doubt about that either !

The big question remains - how on earth can ANYONE get a tune out of this lot ?

UTB

If it is Wilder, I’m unashamedly fucking ecstatic. I loved him. I’d put him on a par with Basset as my favourite blades manager.

If it’s Colin, does anyone want my season ticket?
If it is Wilder it will just be the next chapter in the collective errors of judgement the Prince has made since taking full control.

Appointing wilder is short-term pandering to the fans and it will end in the same inevitable relegation and a the building of a cheap squad of has been, fallen young starlets and journeymen to try and keep in the championship.

If it is Wilder though they’ll be no Alan Knill but Billy Sharp will come in as his new number 2

YHIHF

If it's Wilder, I fear just to the end of season type contract might undermine his authority, surely it needs to be a minimum 2.5 year contract because otherwise the players, who have effectively downed tools for Hecky, may well not respect Wilder either, especially the newer ones who don't know Wilder. I know some may add it's a gamble for Wilder returning for longer than six months but I'd say it is a gamble for six months for reasons above.

Back
Top Bottom