Hecky needs to man up! (interview shows he takes no responsibility)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I get the impression it's a good job I don't bother listening to his interviews....

He appears to have more than a touch of Nigel Clough about him

If he sticks around we're going to suffer a few more humiliations this season - and I don't mean 4-0s

Can’t even watch match of the day, it’d be like a football cuckolding.

On the plus side I’ve not seen this episode of Tales of the Unexpected I’m watching…..

He’s got to go. Been dealt a shit hand no doubt but he’s played the hand shit too

Hecky must go.
You're at home in a relegation 6 pointer v a team that's as head of you , so it's a must win
You set up with 5 at the back.
You have 4 in midfield , none of whom is a natural winger and the 2 central ones are wading through treacle.
You have a lone striker who is the shortest least physical and have McBurnie & Osula on the bench. Any fool can see that Archer CANNOT play lone striker.
Absolutely everything about this set up is wrong.
Why 5 at the back when you have 4 in midfield ? Your wingbacks never get forward anyway.
Why do you pair the static Norwood & Souza ?
Why not play £13m Hamer in the Norwood role ?
Why not have 2 strikers when you want to beat a relegation rival at home ?
Utter tripe set up leads to not one attack in the first half , not one , zero , fuck all.
Hecky is CLUELESS.
There is just no plan of attack.
Forget blaming the lack of money spent or unlucky injuries.
The manager has lost the plot.
But whether the absent Prince can actually see his deficiencies is another matter , or if he can , whether he can give a fuck , I don't know.
So the malaise will probably continue.
Bang -spot - on buddy

This ^

Going to defend the players against one of his comments, he said they didn’t play to the standards that have been set this season. I’m sorry, they played today to the exact standards that have been set all season. One Ok half against Man U and one against Wolves are the exceptions.

Going to defend the players against one of his comments, he said they didn’t play to the standards that have been set this season. I’m sorry, they played today to the exact standards that have been set all season. One Ok half against Man U and one against Wolves are the exceptions.
Agreed. Hecky made it sound like we've been playing quite well all season. Absolutely pathetic press conference. Blades fans like honesty, if we're shit then tell us we were shit... don't bullshit!!

I have been pro Hecky up to now & feel like he was put in a position to be a sacrificial lamb & hung out to dry by the board. I was hoping against hope that he would somehow perform miracles to keep us out of the very situation we find ourselves in, & expecting we would be relegated but somehow moulding a team to be strong in the Championship next season.
However, it is clear that is not going to happen, & I do fear things will get worse from here, so can I ask my fellow Blades to not drop their standards & keep away from personal abuse of Hecky & the board. I know it is difficult in the face of all that is happening, but come on, at least respect him for the job he did of getting us here, he is trying, it is just clear the job is now beyond the staff we have in place, but they have families & loved ones, criticism is fair game, abuse is not.

I have been pro Hecky up to now & feel like he was put in a position to be a sacrificial lamb & hung out to dry by the board. I was hoping against hope that he would somehow perform miracles to keep us out of the very situation we find ourselves in, & expecting we would be relegated but somehow moulding a team to be strong in the Championship next season.
However, it is clear that is not going to happen, & I do fear things will get worse from here, so can I ask my fellow Blades to not drop their standards & keep away from personal abuse of Hecky & the board. I know it is difficult in the face of all that is happening, but come on, at least respect him for the job he did of getting us here, he is trying, it is just clear the job is now beyond the staff we have in place, but they have families & loved ones, criticism is fair game, abuse is not.
Any person in any walk of life that denies responsibility & tries to delude good hard working, honest folk with crap, opens themselves up to the highest levels of criticism.
He made his bed yesterday when he tried telling us that we were OK
No no no, never in a million years. we were absolutely gutless; garbage & crap.

Within the vast majority of comments people have expressed their admiration for Hecky , as a bloke and for the way he has dealt with the situation and the hand dealt him .

But we should not just bury our heads in the sand and hope things get better . We have fought hard to be in the prem . At least 23 other teams are trying to get to the level we are . We , at the moment are drifting and sleepwalking towards becoming a club that has no soul , identity, purpose.. and worst of all …imo … fight and passion .

A lot of this is down to the management. The tactics are - well - naive and amateur, there is fear within the club transmitted to the players who look shell shocked before they kick off .

That is down to the management.

It’s now getting to the stage where Hecky is creating his own deluded imagery of what the situation is , judging by his post match interviews.

He is losing the goodwill of the fans and starting to treat us like fools . He has to step up and soon or else it will be totally toxic

I blame the soft silly cunts on the Board. A five year contract. Fucking idiots. And these are the brains running the Club. What hope have we got? That silly twat Bettis “Results don’t matter”. So what if Hecky took us down to League Two then in the five years because results don’t matter? Is it me being a thick cunt but aren’t results important if you’re a professional football club? Aren’t results the whole fucking point of actually existing as a Club so we can improve and move forward? If not we might as well pack up and fuck off. The only result I want out of this shit show is that Bettis is fucking sacked and quick.
his contract wont be worth shit
it will be as an employee of sufc to be moved around and do what they want with with zero compensation

as much as i respect and admire the guy for the job he has done guiding a dumpster fire through a tsunami of shit last two seasons
he has done it be relying on a strong group of experienced characters who knew how to grind out games at championship level and a star man who could win games at that level
we needed to build on that to be able to compete and i think a stronger more experienced manager would have made sure that happened but hecky didnt have the power or know how to do that

for me the guy should have walked when he was told the budget for his own reputation but he is obviously a guy with strong ties to his players and when he was told that sharp was being let go against his wishes he again should have made a stand
the third red flag was the akpom situation
apparently hecky was very very keen to get this guy and the board werent so they agreed to sign him but when boro put the fee up slightly we walked away and again hecky was shat on by bettis / abdullah

so in short we are where we are because our manager has allowed people above him to run the show on footballing decisions and expected him to turn a sows ear into a silk purse which he clearly is not capable of
to be honest im not sure anyone is ,how do you motivate a bunch of players whose contracts are being allowed to run down and who have watched their manager be rewarded in the same way the mafia rewards someone who owes them money

the only way to salvage this situation now is to bring in a coach who can make some of these players look saleable because i really dont see who would want to pay money for the few who are out of contract and i doubt any of tge ones who arent will have any loyalty to a club who treat their staff the way we have treat ours

haich1889 & Bell4, yes I agree, things are going really badly & don't see how Hecky & Co can recover from this, but there is no way any manager will come out & openly throw his players to the wolves & criticise the board, don't think I have heard any manager do that, he would never work again, but feel sure that what he says privately to the players is very different.
I don't know the answer, we look like we are sleepwalking into League One at best, & it doesn't look like the Price cares one little bit.

Hecky must go.
You're at home in a relegation 6 pointer v a team that's as head of you , so it's a must win
You set up with 5 at the back.
You have 4 in midfield , none of whom is a natural winger and the 2 central ones are wading through treacle.
You have a lone striker who is the shortest least physical and have McBurnie & Osula on the bench. Any fool can see that Archer CANNOT play lone striker.
Absolutely everything about this set up is wrong.
Why 5 at the back when you have 4 in midfield ? Your wingbacks never get forward anyway.
Why do you pair the static Norwood & Souza ?
Why not play £13m Hamer in the Norwood role ?
Why not have 2 strikers when you want to beat a relegation rival at home ?
Utter tripe set up leads to not one attack in the first half , not one , zero , fuck all.
Hecky is CLUELESS.
There is just no plan of attack.
Forget blaming the lack of money spent or unlucky injuries.
The manager has lost the plot.
But whether the absent Prince can actually see his deficiencies is another matter , or if he can , whether he can give a fuck , I don't know.
So the malaise will probably continue.
Well said

his contract wont be worth shit
it will be as an employee of sufc to be moved around and do what they want with with zero compensation

as much as i respect and admire the guy for the job he has done guiding a dumpster fire through a tsunami of shit last two seasons
he has done it be relying on a strong group of experienced characters who knew how to grind out games at championship level and a star man who could win games at that level
we needed to build on that to be able to compete and i think a stronger more experienced manager would have made sure that happened but hecky didnt have the power or know how to do that

for me the guy should have walked when he was told the budget for his own reputation but he is obviously a guy with strong ties to his players and when he was told that sharp was being let go against his wishes he again should have made a stand
the third red flag was the akpom situation
apparently hecky was very very keen to get this guy and the board werent so they agreed to sign him but when boro put the fee up slightly we walked away and again hecky was shat on by bettis / abdullah

so in short we are where we are because our manager has allowed people above him to run the show on footballing decisions and expected him to turn a sows ear into a silk purse which he clearly is not capable of
to be honest im not sure anyone is ,how do you motivate a bunch of players whose contracts are being allowed to run down and who have watched their manager be rewarded in the same way the mafia rewards someone who owes them money

the only way to salvage this situation now is to bring in a coach who can make some of these players look saleable because i really dont see who would want to pay money for the few who are out of contract and i doubt any of tge ones who arent will have any loyalty to a club who treat their staff the way we have treat ours
The fact he wanted Sharp Fleck Osborne etc to stay shows how poor he is

The fact he wanted Sharp Fleck Osborne etc to stay shows how poor he is
like i said i think the core group of leaders got the team through the last two seasons but now without it hecky is flailing around trying to do a job he is not capable of

Back
Top Bottom