Hecky needs to man up! (interview shows he takes no responsibility)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
Not once does he take any responsibility for today's awful performance and instead puts it all on the players.
Yes, they were dreadful and lacking in effort and the basics of being a footballer, but why does he not stand up and say "I got it wrong, and i'm as much to blame". Talk about throwing them under the bus.
Show some fucking balls Heckingbottom!

We all know hecky has been given a shit hand this season, and would have probably gone down anyway. But I don’t believe he is getting the best out of the players we have . Like Hamer for example. So I feel He has come to the end of the road with us for that reason. I think it does hurt him ! I don’t agree he doesn’t care

Not once does he take any responsibility for today's awful performance and instead puts it all on the players.
Yes, they were dreadful and lacking in effort and the basics of being a footballer, but why does he not stand up and say "I got it wrong, and i'm as much to blame". Talk about throwing them under the bus.

Utterly pathetic- blame the crowd for going quiet? Well don't set up to defend on the edge of our box……against a relegation rival…. Oh and don’t press the ball lads, let them play their way into the game without putting them under pressure. We were all fucking speechless mate!

Some really weak questions in that interview. How about ‘you mentioned Bournemouth’s style of play, what is your style of play?’
‘You mentioned Bournemouth have athletic players, the vast majority of this league is made up of athletic players, where are yours?!’
‘What are you going to do now to make sure that level of performance doesn’t happen again?’
‘Why didn’t you change it earlier when you saw after 15 minutes your team looked like they couldn’t be arsed?’
‘You were at home against another team in the mix at the bottom, why didn’t you come out with some fire in your bellies and have a go at them? Close them down, put some tackles in, pass the ball to a team mate?’

Some really weak questions in that interview. How about ‘you mentioned Bournemouth’s style of play, what is your style of play?’
‘You mentioned Bournemouth have athletic players, the vast majority of this league is made up of athletic players, where are yours?!’
‘What are you going to do now to make sure that level of performance doesn’t happen again?’
‘Why didn’t you change it earlier when you saw after 15 minutes your team looked like they couldn’t be arsed?’
‘You were at home against another team in the mix at the bottom, why didn’t you come out with some fire in your bellies and have a go at them? Close them down, put some tackles in, pass the ball to a team mate?’
My thoughts too.

He always talks about being on the front foot but with his set up there is no front foot. Hoof to the small guy surrounded by giants is a "we have no clue" tactic. Fk injuries, eleven players whoever they are can show passion and desire to compete. We lacked in both. Management does not kick one ball but decides on who does. Sorry Paul time to go.

He did as well as we could have expected.

Only other possible response would have been to blame players individually and point out their individual and collective lack of skills to play at this level week in and week out…

Toledo

I think he handled the interview quite well considering he was probably feeling as physically ill as the rest of us.

Thought it was a poor interview. Didn't answer the questions being asked.. just went into a default general overview.

Was asked twice about about the fans and if had anything to say to them about the performance but didn't answer it at all.

Said the team started poorly, then was asked how do you stop yourself from starting poorly/slowly... Only to respond that some of the best performances have been when started slowly... Seriously wtf! 🤷‍♂️

Spot on pal

Not had the time to listen yet, but we seemed to head out there with either absolutely no plan whatsoever or absolutely no ability to execute one.

It was very pub League. Team with quick striker just twats it down the channels.

That was pretty much the whole of the first half. When we varied we just twatted it down the centre in a perfect illustration of showing what Archer can’t do as a lone striker I.e. hold the ball up with any degree of effectiveness.

Second half got off to the worst possible start after the first ended as badly as possible.

It was quite simply abject and the sort of end of the line type performance that leads to managers picking up their p45.

I’m not in the change for the sake of change category these days but no method and no fight and a totally inability to regain the ball and then retain it feels like the end of the road. If the players had any care for their manager, they wouldn’t have performed so abjectly and with so little focus.

So to me, either they are no longer at it for this manager or they are too comfortable with him that they know they’ll get away with it. Both of these point to a new voice.

I know he’s not had sufficient backing but even a top Championship team would play with more purpose that we did today. It was embarrassingly bad.

Utterly pathetic- blame the crowd for going quiet? Well don't set up to defend on the edge of our box……against a relegation rival…. Oh and don’t press the ball lads, let them play their way into the game without putting them under pressure. We were all fucking speechless mate!
I can’t bear to listen to it. Did he actually say that about the crowd? If so then that’s fucking unreal and he doesn’t understand how this works.

I can’t bear to listen to it. Did he actually say that about the crowd? If so then that’s fucking unreal and he doesn’t understand how this works.
He said, the crowd went quiet - same thing in my book. What do you expect. People wait for two weeks for prospect of keeping momentum going with a result against a lowly team, spend good money, get into the atmosphere of the Lane and, from the start, we’re backing off.

He said, the crowd went quiet - same thing in my book. What do you expect. People wait for two weeks for prospect of keeping momentum going with a result against a lowly team, spend good money, get into the atmosphere of the Lane and, from the start, we’re backing off.
The one thing that has always epitomised Sheffield United is the fighting spirit. We might not be the best team but what we lack in skill we make up for in raw determination and a never say die attitude. That's what was present when Harry Basset's team turned it around in that 90/91 season. That's what was present in the 2019/20 season under Wilder and has been present on many other occasions.

These players are better than the garbage that is being served. Bournemouth had not won away from home this season and we were on a mini run. I was hopeful that we would have set up to have a go but no.

My fear is that if we lose confidence and get relegated with or without record low points, but serving up this gourmet plate of horse shit then that fall will not necessarily stop at championship level. I would hate to see the Hollywood plastic club Wrexham pass us on our way down, that would be only second to our noisy neighbours getting ahead of us.

If we lose against Burnley and a potential 6 points from 2 games is zero points gained, then Hecky would have to go. He appears to be out of his depth in this league.

I’m not gonna bother wasting any more of today watching it then. I’ve done my bit just sitting through that shitshow this afternoon.

I hate how meekly we are surrendering games. Losing is one thing, and I think most Blades have watched us for long enough to know that losing happens quite a bit, and we can accept that.
I find it so utterly depressing to watch us feebly be torn apart by relegation rivals.
Yes we aren’t as good, but we can at least have a fucking go at them.

I hate how meekly we are surrendering games. Losing is one thing, and I think most Blades have watched us for long enough to know that losing happens quite a bit, and we can accept that.
I find it so utterly depressing to watch us feebly be torn apart by relegation rivals.
Yes we aren’t as good, but we can at least have a fucking go at them.
Usually this forum divides opinion, but tonight every post I’ve read is along the same lines (like yours). ie “can take losing if we put in 100%” I think that says it all. Nobody is falling out today, everyone seems to be in agreement and the club need to act.

Back
Top Bottom