Hecky needs to man up! (interview shows he takes no responsibility)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Local media guy asks for a bit more detail in this interview, regarding formation and also specifically the duo of Norwood and Souza.

As usual Hecky is reluctant to go into details on the matter. I understand that, but he must understand that his job is on the line, and fans, media, football people, us, need to hear it from him, that he IS aware of these issues, he DOES recognise there is a problem, and he DOES intend to make tweaks to address it.

I don’t think his job is on the line though as The Prince simply cannot afford to get rid of him! Bettis said as much in an interview back in August….ie whatever happens this season, Hecky’s job was safe.

I blame the soft silly cunts on the Board. A five year contract. Fucking idiots. And these are the brains running the Club. What hope have we got? That silly twat Bettis “Results don’t matter”. So what if Hecky took us down to League Two then in the five years because results don’t matter? Is it me being a thick cunt but aren’t results important if you’re a professional football club? Aren’t results the whole fucking point of actually existing as a Club so we can improve and move forward? If not we might as well pack up and fuck off. The only result I want out of this shit show is that Bettis is fucking sacked and quick.

I don’t think his job is on the line though as The Prince simply cannot afford to get rid of him! Bettis said as much in an interview back in August….ie whatever happens this season, Hecky’s job was safe.
Well things will get quite toxic, quite quickly, at bdtbl

Won’t matter as the Prince rarely attends any games in person. He was only at the West Brom game last season so he could parade on the pitch and take some of the glory!!

Local media guy asks for a bit more detail in this interview, regarding formation and also specifically the duo of Norwood and Souza.

As usual Hecky is reluctant to go into details on the matter. I understand that, but he must understand that his job is on the line, and fans, media, football people, us, need to hear it from him, that he IS aware of these issues, he DOES recognise there is a problem, and he DOES intend to make tweaks to address it.

Why isn't he then? It's not like today was a one off. It's literally every single match with no signs of any improvement anywhere. He's doing the same things every match, crossing his fingers and hoping that this time it will work. When that doesn't work he brings on Osborn, so long as he's not injured. A dodgy penalty and an own goal earned him 4 points, other than that it would've been a draw and defeat as the performances were crap. He's not doing anything. He's clueless and stubborn.

"Our best results have been when Norwood and Souza have been the two". Yes Paul, I need extra hands to count the number of results they've got for us playing together. Muppet. It's funny as the number of games we've not got results in, they've coincidentally been our midfield two, and they heavily outweigh the other three games.

Talking out of his arse.

"We need to play a bit better to get results." A bit!?! A BIT!?! Christ alive! He's as deluded as Nigel.

I blame the soft silly cunts on the Board. A five year contract. Fucking idiots. And these are the brains running the Club. What hope have we got? That silly twat Bettis “Results don’t matter”. So what if Hecky took us down to League Two then in the five years because results don’t matter? Is it me being a thick cunt but aren’t results important if you’re a professional football club? Aren’t results the whole fucking point of actually existing as a Club so we can improve and move forward? If not we might as well pack up and fuck off. The only result I want out of this shit show is that Bettis is fucking sacked and quick.
And the rest of the shower of shit goes with him!! Were supposedly a professional football club but these twats are running it like a pub club!!

I believe he already had the security of a 5 years contract as Academy manager, so he’s hardly going to give up his 5 year deal to accept a 2 year deal.

I have an in the know contact who I trust and he speaks very highly of Bettis. She’s he’s a genuinely good bloke and hard worker. I suppose regards the deals that are agreed it’s like playing poker and unless you have wads of money there’s an element of luck.

Regards results not mattering, I’m in the same boat to a degree. For me it’s more about performances, tactics, effort, style of play as it’s shows where we’re heading.

The problem is this season and last seasons results were better than the performances. This season it’s been alarming how we’re so far away from the required standard, it’s bizarre that we have no midfield system. It’s pass it to Norwood who then boots it long and high for little Cameron Archer to chase. It’s quite funny to see our main tactic just gives the ball straight back to the opposition.

I’d be getting the midfielders to practice pass and move everyday until they can do it in their sleep.

Why isn't he then? It's not like today was a one off. It's literally every single match with no signs of any improvement anywhere. He's doing the same things every match, crossing his fingers and hoping that this time it will work. When that doesn't work he brings on Osborn, so long as he's not injured. A dodgy penalty and an own goal earned him 4 points, other than that it would've been a draw and defeat as the performances were crap. He's not doing anything. He's clueless and stubborn.

"Our best results have been when Norwood and Souza have been the two". Yes Paul, I need extra hands to count the number of results they've got for us playing together. Muppet. It's funny as the number of games we've not got results in, they've coincidentally been our midfield two, and they heavily outweigh the other three games.

Talking out of his arse.

"We need to play a bit better to get results." A bit!?! A BIT!?! Christ alive! He's as deluded as Nigel.

Agree, normally a team struggles due to inconsistency and lack of confidence.

But we’ve been consistent all this season and last season. It’s the same type of performances every week playing with the handbreak on.

I believe he already had the security of a 5 years contract as Academy manager, so he’s hardly going to give up his 5 year deal to accept a 2 year deal.

I have an in the know contact who I trust and he speaks very highly of Bettis. She’s he’s a genuinely good bloke and hard worker. I suppose regards the deals that are agreed it’s like playing poker and unless you have wads of money there’s an element of luck.

Regards results not mattering, I’m in the same boat to a degree. For me it’s more about performances, tactics, effort, style of play as it’s shows where we’re heading.

The problem is this season and last seasons results were better than the performances. This season it’s been alarming how we’re so far away from the required standard, it’s bizarre that we have no midfield system. It’s pass it to Norwood who then boots it long and high for little Cameron Archer to chase. It’s quite funny to see our main tactic just gives the ball straight back to the opposition.

I’d be getting the midfielders to practice pass and move everyday until they can do it in their sleep.
Whether he’s a nice bloke or not, I honestly don’t think he should be saying results don’t matter. Not if the performances are totally unacceptable like the majority this season. He’s on a hiding to nothing saying it. It will just rile people up especially now.

'Front foot' doesn't exist when u play Norwood and Souza together....more like reverse gear.

Perry Groves on talksport kept on saying that Cook and Christie were dominating midfield and that Souza and Norwood couldn't get anywhere near them ! Norwood has been past it for 2 seasons now and Souza is looking like 10m of wasted money.

We have to try something different in midfield or we will keep on
getting over run and having to play the long ball forward

I can’t bear to listen to it. Did he actually say that about the crowd? If so then that’s fucking unreal and he doesn’t understand how this works.

We had the most important game we've had in nearly half a decade, and at 0-0 Bournemouth are doing the "is this a library" chant. I was expecting a fired up Bramall Lane, and I got an atmosphere that was as piss poor as what the players on the park were doing, and the management that were directing them. The crowd didn't go quiet - to go quiet, they need to be something other than quiet at some point. I still recall a friend of mine from Germany who I got a ticket for a few years back commenting that our atmosphere was nothing special - if I'd got him a ticket for us against Reading I could understand it, but this was against the Pigs. So many of our fans think there is some sort of permission required to get behind the team.

He talks about Bournemouth having pace and how they hurt teams. They're at the bottom of the table with us you fucking muppet, the only team they hurt is us. Don't start bigging them up, they were fucking gash, we made them look like Real Madrid because we were so fucking slow, weak and predictable.

Bet his after match rant was a belter 'Aww, LISTEN please lads, LISTEN, please run round a bit and LISTEN stop the fans booing because LISTEN it really upsets me and spoils my day'.

LISTEN, LISTEN, LISTEN....AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH, WE'RE FUCKING LISTENING SO SAY SUMMAT FUCKING MEANINGFUL INSTEAD OF THE TRIED AND TESTED BULLSHIT.

I’m not pro Hecky particularly, I just think he’s been dealt a bad hand this season and seems to be floundering now and probably needs to go.

At the same time I don’t think he sends players out by saying:

“Play really shit, don’t get tight, don’t tackle, pass the ball to their players, bang it long to Archer, look like you’re not arsed”

That’s all on the players.

He's been defeatist all season, whenever I listen to him it always seems expectations are beyond low. Don't tell me that doesn't filter to the mindset of the players. It's all a bit low pressure youth coachy.

It's obvious there when he starts piping on about "running data" as a metric when we've clearly been bent over all over the pitch, he has no answers to the problems we face, I don't believe he thinks there are any answers to the problems.

Talking out of his arse.

Agree, normally a team struggles due to inconsistency and lack of confidence.

But we’ve been consistent all this season and last season. It’s the same type of performances every week playing with the handbreak on, hoping to go in 0-0 at halftime then apply more energy 2nd half still keeping it tight but hoping to steel a 1-0. Last season we had a luxury of N’Diaye who was able to score a goal anytime from nothing. Since he’s gone we have no tactic to threaten.

It might work the odd game but you can’t use the same damage limitation tactic every match where all our tactics are based on what we do without the ball instead of what we do with the ball.

We had the most important game we've had in nearly half a decade, and at 0-0 Bournemouth are doing the "is this a library" chant. I was expecting a fired up Bramall Lane, and I got an atmosphere that was as piss poor as what the players on the park were doing, and the management that were directing them. The crowd didn't go quiet - to go quiet, they need to be something other than quiet at some point. I still recall a friend of mine from Germany who I got a ticket for a few years back commenting that our atmosphere was nothing special - if I'd got him a ticket for us against Reading I could understand it, but this was against the Pigs. So many of our fans think there is some sort of permission required to get behind the team.

Think that’s a bit unfair.
In the 1st half we never ventured into their penalty area and at no point even slightly threaten to score.

This season has been like no other. I remember the Bassett, Warnock and Wilder relegation teams and they all performed so much better than this team.

Their 2nd and 3rd goal were a bit lucky but they probably deserved to score another 2 or 3 goals. They were so superior to us, it was painful to witness.

The only positive was the 3-1 result, doesn’t look like a thrashing but it should have been

And I thought McBurnie and Archer looked hungry and up for it.

Think that’s a bit unfair.
In the 1st half we never ventured into their penalty area and at no point even slightly threaten to score.

This season has been like no other. I remember the Bassett, Warnock and Wilder relegation teams and they all performed so much better than this team.

Their 2nd and 3rd goal were a bit lucky but they probably deserved to score another 2 or 3 goals. They were so superior to us, it was painful to witness.

The only positive was the 3-1 result, doesn’t look like a thrashing but it should have been

And I thought McBurnie and Archer looked hungry and up for it.

I am confused as to what I have said in my post, given your reply, makes you suggest that what I've said is unfair?

I think it's fairly simple to be honest. We're very aware of what he's inherited and similarly we're very aware of what he's done with it. Commendable.

This is quite the step up for him and the squad, a sizeable one, they all deserved the chance. Right now Hecky isn't THE problem, but he is part of it. We're at damage limitation now, relegation is thereabouts nailed on so if we're going to change anything I'd understand why we would start with getting Hecky out and a replacement in.

By no means do I dislike the guy but some said before the season started he'd be out of his depth and I'm starting to believe it. I really wanted him to do well (like Brewster) but it's simply not happening.

He mentions the fans quietness. It was probably the first time as a fan that I was speechless at the utter ineptitude and lack of fight and belief that the players displayed.
Football basics like 1st and 2nd balls, tracking runners, putting tackles in, against Bournemouth, effing Bournemouth, not exacty Barcelona were they?
The negativity, the ineptitude when in possession, the complete lack of mobility in midfield.
I watched Hecky and Mccall on the touchline looking confused about what was happening as if it was a surprise that their 'tactics' were failing.
I've never been so frustratingly disappointed in a Sheffield United performance.

They had to give him that length of contract because he had the same when he was head of the academy (something it seems he was very good at). He was given a promotion and I recall at the time that we couldn’t offer him a promotion and shorten his contract length.

Hecky must go.
You're at home in a relegation 6 pointer v a team that's as head of you , so it's a must win
You set up with 5 at the back.
You have 4 in midfield , none of whom is a natural winger and the 2 central ones are wading through treacle.
You have a lone striker who is the shortest least physical and have McBurnie & Osula on the bench. Any fool can see that Archer CANNOT play lone striker.
Absolutely everything about this set up is wrong.
Why 5 at the back when you have 4 in midfield ? Your wingbacks never get forward anyway.
Why do you pair the static Norwood & Souza ?
Why not play £13m Hamer in the Norwood role ?
Why not have 2 strikers when you want to beat a relegation rival at home ?
Utter tripe set up leads to not one attack in the first half , not one , zero , fuck all.
Hecky is CLUELESS.
There is just no plan of attack.
Forget blaming the lack of money spent or unlucky injuries.
The manager has lost the plot.
But whether the absent Prince can actually see his deficiencies is another matter , or if he can , whether he can give a fuck , I don't know.
So the malaise will probably continue.

Osborne

Hecky must go.
You're at home in a relegation 6 pointer v a team that's as head of you , so it's a must win
You set up with 5 at the back.
You have 4 in midfield , none of whom is a natural winger and the 2 central ones are wading through treacle.
You have a lone striker who is the shortest least physical and have McBurnie & Osula on the bench. Any fool can see that Archer CANNOT play lone striker.
Absolutely everything about this set up is wrong.
Why 5 at the back when you have 4 in midfield ? Your wingbacks never get forward anyway.
Why do you pair the static Norwood & Souza ?
Why not play £13m Hamer in the Norwood role ?
Why not have 2 strikers when you want to beat a relegation rival at home ?
Utter tripe set up leads to not one attack in the first half , not one , zero , fuck all.
Hecky is CLUELESS.
There is just no plan of attack.
Forget blaming the lack of money spent or unlucky injuries.
The manager has lost the plot.
But whether the absent Prince can actually see his deficiencies is another matter , or if he can , whether he can give a fuck , I don't know.
So the malaise will probably continue.

Absolutely spot on.

And, in addition, in a season of almost total shapeless rubbish, there was at least one combination of players that actually clicked to turn the tide of the game against Wolves after an awful first-half - Bogle, Baldock and McAtee on the right side.

Since then, however, the manager has seen fit to dismantle that part of the team that functioned and return McAtee to the left which has effectively neutralised his threat because Thomas and Robinson simply aren’t the same type of players going forward that Bogle and Baldock are.

Absolutely spot on.

And, in addition, in a season of almost total shapeless rubbish, there was at least one combination of players that actually clicked to turn the tide of the game against Wolves after an awful first-half - Bogle, Baldock and McAtee on the right side.

Since then, however, the manager has seen fit to dismantle that part of the team that functioned and return McAtee to the left which has effectively neutralised his threat because Thomas and Robinson simply aren’t the same type of players going forward that Bogle and Baldock are.

Absolutely correct re you point about moving McAtee from the right hand side back over to the left. It's like our management are going out of the way to try and make things more difficult. This one is fairly fucking obvious but not to our manager.

The team selection for a home game versus a beatable rival team was hopelessly wrong from the start (after they have just had 2 weeks to plan for the game as well) and the tactics / gameplan just awful, if indeed we do have a consistent gameplan). Everything about it was wrong. The players looked confused and collectively beaten from the first whistle.

Whilst acknowledging he hasn't had much money to strengthen (probably a good thing if his top target was Souza) all of the collective failings re lack of performance and shape of team, and the lack of basic requirements to be a SUFC player such as pride, effort and fight sits solely with Hecky, his management team and to a point the players. He has had time to bring in this bunch of players and it is failing miserably. It is beyond incompetent. He has to go. I've no idea how he is still here anyway after the Newcastle surrender and the Fulham role over. I expected him to get the bullet last night but still here we are....

Here's the deal. If you put in 100% effort the performance will undoubtedly improve. The problem is the tactics are woeful so hence the style of play dictated by the tactics is shockingly shit. Is it a coincidence that in the 3 games where we have picked up points they have been in the periods where we have actually had a go at the opposition. A strong midfield is an absolute must in this division. so yes sheffsteel , you are right.

Fuck me sideways, if his job is safe then get out there and have a go at the opposition especially at home.

Back
Top Bottom