Heckingbottom Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In fairness, I didn't think it was a bad presser

Wait you did see the teamsheet right, you did see the negative tactics right, you did see the subbing strikers for strikers in 65th minute right, you did see interview saying fine margins 4 times right

Let me know what he could of done any worse, and I may agree with you.
He just a puppet brought in to see 12 games out .If you want to blame and rant at a temporary puppet then feel free !

Yes Yogi of course he isn't going to be a starter for Liverpool yet. The point is, he's far more valuable having gained some Championship experience. On that basis why not give him a few games of PL experience too?
I think just throwing him into the starting lineup might be a bit far because confidence in football is a factor even for seasoned professionals. Ultimately right now united shouldn’t be viewing him as an asset who’s value we need to maximise in the short term but rather one whose long term development is most important. I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit to get in and play as he should be but it’s incredibly rare a young player is made a starter of the bat regardless of their talent normally a young player has to earn more game time through performing well in cameos and I wouldn’t be against him getting those.

I didn't and won't hold any unfair expectations against Heck, Tindall & Co. Maybe just the bravery to shake up the side and give game time to players who we'll have next season (i.e. not Lundstram).

It's disappointing when slightly above zero expectations aren't being met.

Nailed it. Football is a harsh reality, other clubs blood there youngsters at 19/20

Some of our fans want to wait until they're 30 and been on loan to every club in the country before proving they're worthwhile
At this level though the club blooding their youngster as teenagers tend to be top tier academies. This is important because to be able to impact a premier league game as a teenager you generally have to be a man at that age able to physically hold your own as an athlete as well as have the technical ability. If at 18 you’re already that top level athlete the chances are you’ve been an exceptional athlete at every age group and have stood out as such this means you’ll have been picked up by a top academy as a 11,12 or 13 year old. United have a good record of producing players but they tend to be late bloomers because we’re either waiting for them to develop athletically like brooks or working on the technical side of their game like walker. Any player who has the potential to be the complete package at 16 or 17 is poached out of our academy at a very young age I think we lose one or two every year.

There are so many circumstances why we are here now and Hecky is not one of them , Wilder , the prince , injures, no crowds , signings , And now lack of confidence , all happened a long time before Hecky , don’t get me wrong I don’t want him as manager but to rant at him is laughable.

2 or 3 show promise but it's a vast gulf from youth international to playing against Arsenal. We only have a Cat 2 Academy. We're playing against Championship and League 1 clubs. Brewster is a highly thought of youth player with international caps and look at him?

Intelligent fans won't but we have a lot of nasty shitheads who think nothing of threatening players on social media. Look at the shit Ramsdale got earlier in the season. Imagine is fans were in there. Look at what happened to Long.

Again, I know what you're saying but I think it will only make things worse.
I know where you are coming from as well, and do agree that there might be some fans who did that and obviously I wouldn't want that, but then it would be the same if they made their debut in the Championship.

Although I hear you about our academy status, this is the same academy that has produced quite a number of current Premier League and England players, a number of whom never had much chance at BDTBL before being moved on, including Brooks who went from a bit part player for us to straight in to a Premier League first team and won a huge number of plaudits.

At some point we have to give them a chance to prove themselves unless we really do think none of them are any where near good enough in which case we should be reviewing our whole academy strategy and it we need one, and frankly I do think now is as good as any. We should at least be bringing them off the bench if not starting them to give them a bit of experience.

As a team / club we can't get much lower in terms of spirit and seeing a few youngsters getting a chance might at least raise the spirits of the fan base because currently just seeing the same old professionals produce the same performance and mistakes week in week out and getting the same results is dreadful.

Yes Yogi of course he isn't going to be a starter for Liverpool yet. The point is, he's far more valuable having gained some Championship experience. On that basis why not give him a few games of PL experience too?

Being devil's advocate, but what 'experience' would he get? People say that about Brewster but he's looked worse than Burke in the games he's played, so not sure what experience he'd be getting?

With our wank midfield, if I was a CF I'd be pulling a 'Moose' and feigning injury till the end of the season....

There are so many circumstances why we are here now and Hecky is not one of them , Wilder , the prince , injures, no crowds , signings , And now lack of confidence , all happened a long time before Hecky , don’t get me wrong I don’t want him as manager but to rant at him is laughable.
Ahhh i getcha now, no of course not blaming Heckingbottom for where we are now, far from his fault whatsoever.

I do have issues with his actions before game (team sheet), during game (tactics and subbing strikers for strikers ala Wilder) and after game ( talking about fine magins when clearly not and bigging up Wilder as a good mate)

Like said in original post, grow some balls Heckingbottom, even a puppet has more balls than him right now.

I’ve said the same a few times, and still think it. I can barely raise the enthusiasm to post about this season......BUT;

It’s surprising that we haven’t taken the opportunity to try anything new. No formational change, no youngsters. We are already fucking shite, already relegated in all but maths, already losing every week.

It’s quite surprising that there’s not a single thing that they want to try. Even the 21 year old old the bench didn’t get chance to replace the woeful, wantaway Lundstram.

Try as I might I can't see the strings Wilder is working on his interviews, unless Wilder is under the desk with a hand up his arse.
Hope the first thing the new manager does is fuck him off, fucking dingle tosser.

Something will hopefully change, it is getting so bad I am struggling to be bothered to write anything about the blades just now, my mojo for my team has fucked off. Will I keep watching em, of course, do I like em just now, not much. Better days will come, fuck me, they have to be better than this. UTB.

Hecky is such a Poundland Wilder it makes you wonder if the club has said "Chris mate you're clearly burnt out. Let Hecky take it to the end of the season, you have a break, and then come back all guns blazing in Summer"

Why else would you watch yourself die like this?

I suggested that this should happen back in December.

Loving the person who made the Football Manager on this thread by the way, absolutely right

I’ve said the same a few times, and still think it. I can barely raise the enthusiasm to post about this season......BUT;

It’s surprising that we haven’t taken the opportunity to try anything new. No formational change, no youngsters. We are already fucking shite, already relegated in all but maths, already losing every week.

It’s quite surprising that there’s not a single thing that they want to try. Even the 21 year old old the bench didn’t get chance to replace the woeful, wantaway Lundstram.
Yeah, exactly where I am coming from. I just want to see something different, something that gives us a bit of hope for the future. And yes, that might back fire slightly, but if we don't try we'll never know.

I could sort of understand it if we were still in with a realistic chance of staying up, but we're not. We are down, playing dreadful football.

We know what is going to happen playing these players in this formation. It's hardly worth turning up. Lets just see if there is something, anything, for next season. Give Brewster a run of games, play a few youngsters, even if it is as a sub when all is lost.

The only thing the current manager is proving is that he's a very poor man's Chris Wilder with no ideas and frankly he's not done himself any favours. He really can't believe that he thought he could play the same players in the same formation and get more out of them than Wilder did, so it must be that he has no idea what to change or how and so is banking on the if I change it if and it goes wrong then they'll blame me so I won't do anything, at all and hopefully get away with it. It's not working Hecky.

All he is achieving at this moment in time is taking the club to such a level that a half decent manager wouldn’t want to take on.
Correct there's no manager with a decent reputation going to come in with this lot and ruin their credentials, it'll probably be some useless bastard what's used to getting the bullet!!

He's hardly instilling any confidence in either his u23 players, or his abilities as u23 manager if he's not picking any of them.

Surely there must be one or two he could put in the 1st team, just to shake up the 1st team, and give the u23 players some hope of career progression.

Or are we bending over and saying that our u23 and Academy isn't as good as the big clubs now as well?

If that's the case, what has this club become?? It's spineless from top to bottom.

Hecky is a fucking Patsy. PA please intervene because nobody is going to drop Lundstram no matter what the fuck he does. Lundstram should be sacked with immediate effect for a breach of contract - being utter wank.
Each and
every player is useless.

I think just throwing him into the starting lineup might be a bit far because confidence in football is a factor even for seasoned professionals. Ultimately right now united shouldn’t be viewing him as an asset who’s value we need to maximise in the short term but rather one whose long term development is most important. I’m sure he’s chomping at the bit to get in and play as he should be but it’s incredibly rare a young player is made a starter of the bat regardless of their talent normally a young player has to earn more game time through performing well in cameos and I wouldn’t be against him getting those.
Remember when we had a good team made up of ‘youngsters’
Local lads at that. No waiting about until they were a certain age
If they are good enough, they are old enough
Hodgy Badger et al
Some of the present young lads must have been around 7 when they were signed for coaching
Give the lads a chance. They would at least be up for it

Remember when we had a good team made up of ‘youngsters’
Local lads at that. No waiting about until they were a certain age
If they are good enough, they are old enough
Hodgy Badger et al
Some of the present young lads must have been around 7 when they were signed for coaching
Give the lads a chance. They would at least be up for it
That’s true if they are good enough they’re old enough right now they’re not good enough. Now you can certainly argue neither are the seniors and certainly that’s not wrong. The issue for the youngsters is if they develop unhelpful coping mechanisms to compensate for not being good enough. Gordon for example is very decent on the ball for centrehalf but playing in this team that constantly surrenders possession close to our own goal that’s likely to hurt him and it’s likely to mean we concede goals because of him. Now as you’ve pointed out hes a local lad who cares and wants to get better so there’s every chance he goes away looks at his performance and in an effort to stop conceding starts to just pump the ball long. In the short term he’d look less error prone and more effective but it would put a cap on how could he could be as a player if that habit became entrenched. I’m not saying that’s guaranteed to happen but it’s more of an example of how young players playing within themselves could become entrenched in what is a shocking team. Of course you can say it’s the coaches job to make sure it doesn’t happen and to manage that player effectively but right now I’ve as much faith in the coaching staff as a chocolate fire guard as they’re just place holders.

heckunmasked.jpg
I’d have got away with it, if it wasn’t for you meddling fans!

Back
Top Bottom