Heckingbottom Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Our fanbase is divided between those who understand why we persisted with 3-5-2 and those that don't. As soon as we open up we look like getting a good hiding. The damage was done as soon as we didn't replace JOC and the injuries kicked in. The rest was/is damage limitation. Without the overloads you're seeing exactly how good our players are individually.A bunch of league one and Championship players with a few kids that might have premier League class in the future. And Berge, JOC and possibly Egan.
It's depressing but there you have it.

Anybody that witnessed Tindall's Bournemouth wouldn't have been remotely optimistic about his involvement at United.

Don’t really blame Heckingbottom at all but we need the permanent manager in ASAP before things get any worse.
That’s the thing the rot has set in now and it’s there for all to see it needs a strong character to instil a culture on the club and start cutting it out.

I said somewhere else that it's not in his interest to change anything. He's going back to an U-23 job at the end of the season so any changes he makes will be on his head. In terms of the club, if he keeps on going with the system and players from before, he cannot lose. Even if he loses every game. If he changes the formation and plays some youth players and we concede 10 then the blame will be on him. If he just keeps going then he can just say he's doing what he can with the players we have.

That’s the thing the rot has set in now and it’s there for all to see it needs a strong character to instil a culture on the club and start cutting it out.
I thought we were rock bottom when Wilder left but we’re getting worse. We need someone to get in there and tell some of these players what’s what because they have thrown in the towel and aren’t playing for Hecky. I think it’s very urgent that we make an appointment.

All he is achieving at this moment in time is taking the club to such a level that a half decent manager wouldn’t want to take on.

I thought we were rock bottom when Wilder left but we’re getting worse. We need someone to get in there and tell some of these players what’s what because they have thrown in the towel and aren’t playing for Hecky. I think it’s very urgent that we make an appointment.
No there was still some fight in quite a few of the squad at that point we were bad but on the whole we were trying now we’re not. The longer that’s allowed to continue the harder it will be to stop. To a certain degree we weren’t a meritocracy anymore under wilder but now we’re not at all we all know what the team will be bat the forwards before kick off.

Hecky is such a Poundland Wilder it makes you wonder if the club has said "Chris mate you're clearly burnt out. Let Hecky take it to the end of the season, you have a break, and then come back all guns blazing in Summer"

Why else would you watch yourself die like this?

I said somewhere else that it's not in his interest to change anything. He's going back to an U-23 job at the end of the season so any changes he makes will be on his head. In terms of the club, if he keeps on going with the system and players from before, he cannot lose. Even if he loses every game. If he changes the formation and plays some youth players and we concede 10 then the blame will be on him. If he just keeps going then he can just say he's doing what he can with the players we have.
Yes, but as I have said on another thread, he is the under-23 manager yet seems unwilling to even try them. I don't think anyone now would criticise too much if a few of the younger players were given a chance, seemingly preferring the same old professionals, playing the same formation and achieving even worse results. If he really doesn't believe that any of our under-23s can improve this lot then I'd have to question his involvement in our setup. Frankly I don't see how things could get worse by playing them. We are losing every game in a spineless manner, every week.

No there was still some fight in quite a few of the squad at that point we were bad but on the whole we were trying now we’re not. The longer that’s allowed to continue the harder it will be to stop. To a certain degree we weren’t a meritocracy anymore under wilder but now we’re not at all we all know what the team will be bat the forwards before kick off.

I agree there was some fight right up until lundstram put thier lad in on goal..

Then they just thought fuck it, I would have as well he's done it every fucking game... Started at villa passing it to the keeper..

heckunmasked.jpg

Yes, but as I have said on another thread, he is the under-23 manager yet seems unwilling to even try them. I don't think anyone now would criticise too much if a few of the younger players were given a chance, seemingly preferring the same old professionals, playing the same formation and achieving even worse results. If he really doesn't believe that any of our under-23s can improve this lot then I'd have to question his involvement in our setup. Frankly I don't see how things could get worse by playing them. We are losing every game in a spineless manner, every week.
Our U-23s are basically playing in the second or third division against fairly poor opposition. It's not like they're playing against the top footballers their age. If they went out on loan, I'd be shocked if many or any even got to League 1. They've never played competitive league football against men and people are calling for them to play against world class players. I know what you're saying, but I don't really see what it will do other than harm their confidence. Being embarrassed on live TV is not a good look. This team is toxic. Putting other players in it is more likely to wear off on them than boost the actual team.

What is the point slagging a Man that's only here for 12 odd matches , who has just been brought in to see the season out , its not his fault ffs , yes he needs to change the start up but TBH , he hasn't got an awful lot to choose from , we have to grip our teeth and wait for next season .

What is the point slagging a Man that's only here for 12 odd matches , who has just been brought in to see the season out , its not his fault ffs , yes he needs to change the start up but TBH , he hasn't got an awful lot to choose from , we have to grip our teeth and wait for next season .
Wait you did see the teamsheet right, you did see the negative tactics right, you did see the subbing strikers for strikers in 65th minute right, you did see interview saying fine margins 4 times right

Let me know what he could of done any worse, and I may agree with you.

Our U-23s are basically playing in the second or third division against fairly poor opposition. It's not like they're playing against the top footballers their age. If they went out on loan, I'd be shocked if many or any even got to League 1. They've never played competitive league football against men and people are calling for them to play against world class players. I know what you're saying, but I don't really see what it will do other than harm their confidence. Being embarrassed on live TV is not a good look. This team is toxic. Putting other players in it is more likely to wear off on them than boost the actual team.
I was under the impression that some of youngsters were quite highly thought of, and you obviously know more than me about them so if you are saying that none of them are worth even given a chance to see if they could improve on our current bunch of first team professionals and are league 1 level at best then I'd have to question why we have an academy tbh, and it seems that the current under-23 manager agrees with you.

Personally I don't think fans would turn on younger players if they were given a chance in the few remaining games. It's not like we are even putting much of a fight any more. It's just spineless and insipid with mistake after mistake costing us soft goals and never looking threatening in any way. I'm even more depressed now if it's viewed that our younger players wouldn't improve this.

And sack both of the cunts. Can’t bring myself to listen to the interviews. Wanna go to sleep and wake up in the Championship please with a new vision and a new management team ⚔️

I must have missed something. Why is Tindal stealing a wage. I hope neither he nor Heckingbottom are being considered for the manager’s job. I read that Heckingbottom doesn’t want the job. Knilly could have seen the season out
How a team could fall so far from the heights of last season to this shambles?
Wilder looks as though he has burned out and had lost the respect of some players
I wish that he could take a well earned rest and come back next season raring to go

Leeds. Man Utd, Liverpool, Everton, want Kyle Gordon by all accounts

We don't play him because his sensitive little soul might be harmed by a big man giving him a kick.

Isn't that what it's all about? If you're good enough get out there and kick the fucker back? Oh we're losing games Boss - YES mate that's how young players like you get given opportunities!

Kyle Walker - had the mindset to succeed. Have these lads got it? If so let's see it, and if not release them! It's a brutal business we're not a fucking nursery school. We have players older than Bogle who can't get a look in because we want to be precious about their poor little souls? The poor fuckers must be chomping at the bit! Give them a go FFS!

We don't play him because his sensitive little soul might be harmed by a big man giving him a kick.

Isn't that what it's all about? If you're good enough get out there and kick the fucker back? Oh we're losing games Boss - YES mate that's how young players like you get given opportunities!

Kyle Walker - had the mindset to succeed. Have these lads got it? If so let's see it, and if not release them! It's a brutal business we're not a fucking nursery school. We have players older than Bogle who can't get a look in because we want to be precious about their poor little souls? The poor fuckers must be chomping at the bit! Give them a go FFS!
In fairness it’s incredibly unlikely any of those teams mentioned want him for their first team squad. He’d go into their under 23s exactly where he is at United he isn’t a starting premier league centreback at this stage. Could he be in the future? Maybe united rate him and maybe he has admirers elsewhere but he’s not there yet.

I was under the impression that some of youngsters were quite highly thought of, and you obviously know more than me about them so if you are saying that none of them are worth even given a chance to see if they could improve on our current bunch of first team professionals and are league 1 level at best then I'd have to question why we have an academy tbh, and it seems that the current under-23 manager agrees with you.

Personally I don't think fans would turn on younger players if they were given a chance in the few remaining games. It's not like we are even putting much of a fight any more. It's just spineless and insipid with mistake after mistake costing us soft goals and never looking threatening in any way. I'm even more depressed now if it's viewed that our younger players wouldn't improve this.

2 or 3 show promise but it's a vast gulf from youth international to playing against Arsenal. We only have a Cat 2 Academy. We're playing against Championship and League 1 clubs. Brewster is a highly thought of youth player with international caps and look at him?

Intelligent fans won't but we have a lot of nasty shitheads who think nothing of threatening players on social media. Look at the shit Ramsdale got earlier in the season. Imagine is fans were in there. Look at what happened to Long.

Again, I know what you're saying but I think it will only make things worse.

In fairness it’s incredibly unlikely any of those teams mentioned want him for their first team squad. He’d go into their under 23s exactly where he is at United he isn’t a starting premier league centreback at this stage. Could he be in the future? Maybe united rate him and maybe he has admirers elsewhere but he’s not there yet.
Yes Yogi of course he isn't going to be a starter for Liverpool yet. The point is, he's far more valuable having gained some Championship experience. On that basis why not give him a few games of PL experience too?

No we don’t. He could actually give us a bit of hope and bring some pride back. He’s sunk us lower than I thought we could get

Nailed it. Football is a harsh reality, other clubs blood there youngsters at 19/20

Some of our fans want to wait until they're 30 and been on loan to every club in the country before proving they're worthwhile

Back
Top Bottom