Heartbreaking moment of the season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Apart from a mate of mine from Manchester who was over for some event at the Arena ( and taking the piss) I don't recognise one person on that video. Maggie Mays is full of baggy trousered pork pie hat wearing youth club " look at me" soulies of a Saturday. That looks like a wedding party in the back room.

Sinclair wouldn't put the normal punters on the big screen because people would think it was the Mos Eisley cantina.

Sheffield United 1-3 Bury
Sheffield United 2-3 Colchester United

It appeared we'd recovered from the first day tonking at Gillingham with four league wins on the spin, 12 points from the first 15 available. Things looked promising with two home games in a row and the real possibility of 18 points after 7 games. And then we showed that we just weren't that good. I remember coming out of the Colchester match knowing deep down that this season was going to be a write off.

Bury 1-0 Sheffield United

Two mentions for Bury; the performance at Gigg Lane was - without a doubt - one of the three worst I've witnessed in my time watching United. Along with Scunthorpe (a) in our Championship relegation season and our 0-5 capitulation at home to Oldham back in 1988, they were the worst I've seen. We were THAT bad. Heartbreaking to see United perform that badly when a good 1500 had made the effort in the driving rain and dreadful traffic yet the players did not appear bothered in the slightest.
Yes that night at Bury was by far the worst feeling of the season. Freezing driving rain and to watch a team incapable of completing a simple five yard pass to a fellow team mate was the moment I knew we where miles away from play off material. This is probably the worst performance I have witnessed among some shitters in my time

I felt such a massive let down on the first day of the season I just knew this was going to be a terrible one.
Everyone knew what was needed in the way of new defenders apart from Adkins. On top of that he failed with midfield.
On a high note I've been waiting for today since that first match. I cannot wait for this season to be over.

I felt such a massive let down on the first day of the season I just knew this was going to be a terrible one.
Everyone knew what was needed in the way of new defenders apart from Adkins. On top of that he failed with midfield.
On a high note I've been waiting for today since that first match. I cannot wait for this season to be over.

The two issues that have frustrated me and sums up the mentality of the players and perhaps management relates to 2no interviews.
1. The Basham post match interview after the Gillingham away game last August first game of the season , when he said they just weren't up for it , at the races , not motivated . WHAT.

2. The long interview this week with 1no game to go . Long saying the team is good enough and just wants a couple of tweaks. WHAT

Who is responsible for this rubbish , brainwashing these players , is Adkins feeding them the same spin he feeds us with his interviews. If so all at BDTBL is deluded .

It's like hearing about schools who have stopped competitive sports , to ensure the pupils are all winners , feelings are not hurt , and being competitive is unacceptable.

Jimmy Perry God bless him could write a brilliant black comedy script about the blades. Comedy gold and priceless.

Thank you Adkins but it's not funny or acceptable.

Back
Top Bottom