A few questions I can't quite get my head around

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1. Why does Norwood take dead balls - there no good and he often does not even beat the first man? why do we persist with this poor delivery every time? Are we stupid?
2. Why do we constantly give the ball away - it puts us under so much pressure? Are we stupid?
3. We have no interest in going forward and why do we have no interest of putting a cross into the box? Are we stupid?
4. We get out-muscled every time - Why?
5. What is the point of Traore existence, other than to give the ball away?
6. Why has Wes started to watch every ball rather than attempt to dive for it? its like he's not interested anymore?
7. Why can't we put more than 2 passes together without losing the ball?
8. Why do we play Robinson and Norwood every game....they are simply not good enough? we can all see that but we carry on regardless? Again are we stupid?
9. Given the all the above, why do we take these issues into every game and expect it to be any different? We must be stupid?
10. The manger must be able to see this, but we don't attempt to change anything....Ah, I've got it, we are F*cking stupid!
No. 1 is a total fallacy.
Find me a corner where Norwood doesn't clear the first man...
The first man being the player closest to him i.e. Edge of box or front post.

2. We're playing against much better teams that press constantly. We do need to speed up our play.

3. No interest in attacking? Really?

4. See number 2. They're very fit and string athletes

5. Traore needs to bulk up, similar to McAtee last season.

6. Eh !?

7. See #2

8. Robinson has probably been the most consistent player for us this season.
Strange to call Norwood out after the Man Utd game. He played fine. A stat came on sky as the teams came back out that at HT, Norwood and had over 3x as many touches of the ball than Scott McTominay had.

9. See #2 and #4. We're doing our best.

10. Eh!?

1) He scored a good freekick once in like 5000 attempts so automatically gets to take every set piece.
2) The players just are not good enough to retain possession, the ball is like a hot potato and we are not quick enough or fit enough to get up and down to support. Also we seem to deploy the tactics of kick it long.
3) Again we are not quick enough or fit enough to get up to support the strikers, the players never have been athletic enough for the prem, we also have full backs that cross ball as good as Norwood takes a set piece, and when we do cross ot we have only mcburnie to try and win an header.
4) See above, our players do not have the athleticism or physicality to compete in the Premier league, and has been this way for many years now.
5) He was very cheap and is probably on very cheap wages. I'd probably say most People on here earn more than him. He is the cheap option, you pay for what you get.
6) Wes has never been and will never be good enough for prem, yes he outperformed expectations last season in the championship but he's shouldn't be 1st choice as he's just not good enough, he was signed as a back up keeper for a reason.
7) See above, players ain't good enough and also been told to kick it long to the oppositions tallest centerback regardless of we have 4ft9 striker on. Heckys masterplan tactics.
8) The shambolic transfer window we had makes them play, and also the horrendous injury list.
9) The manager is clueless and doesn't know how/willing to change it, we have no other players to change to, it won't change whilst he's still in charge, he wasn't great in league below.
10) He must be able to see it he's just doesn't have a plan B he's technically and tactically out of his depth, he's not a good manager although not a bad coach.
11) Don't worry as we have Ben osborn as a game changer (this is clearly sarcasm, and shows how out of depth hecky is)
I get it now...

Welcome back Pomps, you have had to suck all this lot up with no outlet for months - you poor bloke - welcome back and dont forget to include Wilder Ball - we've missed you

Same here especially the ones when we was just out side their box.
I bet 75% of Man Utds attacks started by us giving the ball too them.
Cant hold the ball up

I long for the days of Jeff Bourne & Barry Butlin - crap players but fkin great head hair

1. Why does Norwood take dead balls - there no good and he often does not even beat the first man? why do we persist with this poor delivery every time? Are we stupid?
2. Why do we constantly give the ball away - it puts us under so much pressure? Are we stupid?
3. We have no interest in going forward and why do we have no interest of putting a cross into the box? Are we stupid?
6. Why has Wes started to watch every ball rather than attempt to dive for it? its like he's not interested anymore?
8. Why do we play Robinson and Norwood every game....they are simply not good enough? we can all see that but we carry on regardless? Again are we stupid?
9. Given the all the above, why do we take these issues into every game and expect it to be any different? We must be stupid?
10. The manger must be able to see this, but we don't attempt to change anything....Ah, I've got it, we are F*cking stupid!
Any grudge free observer who wasn’t stupid
would come to conclusion that Robbo should be the first name on the team sheet next week.

2. We're playing against much better teams that press constantly. We do need to speed up our play.

6. Eh !?

7. See #2

Strange to call Norwood out after the Man Utd game. He played fine. A stat came on sky as the teams came back out that at HT, Norwood and had over 3x as many touches of the ball than Scott McTominay had.

10. Eh!?
Thank god for some sanity at last 👏🏼

Thank god for some sanity at last 👏🏼
I am not sure what matches you are watching. Norwoods corners have just a bit better than last 2 seasons which were wank. His free kicks yesterday were hopeless. Couldn't put it in the right area and easily dealt with.

Man U did fuck all pressing in that game compared to most teams. They were disinterested.

I agree Robbo has been our best.

Attacking wise we have been very poor. Bogle doesn't cross. He plays tip tap or goes on a dribble and loses the ball. Thomas? tries to cross but gets it wrong. McAtee does attack fairly well but cam be pushed off it.

Archer is effective when we have a big striker playing with him. Hamer is decent enough but most of the time we don't seem to know what is going on.

This should answer all of your questions. Our current crop of players simply aren't good enough for the Premier league. Not fit enough, athletic enough, quick enough or skillful enough. None of our players would get in any other PL starting eleven or even most squads.
It's a reality only deluded people would ignore.

Admin note: Infraction given for personal abuse
Any grudge free observer who wasn’t stupid
would come to conclusion that Robbo should be the first name on the team sheet next week.
Why is that - he's garbage and gives the ball away endlessly. If you think he's the dogs bollocks then says more about you. Are you is boyfriend or something?

6. Eh !?

7. See #2

10. Eh!?
Ha ha - could not stop laughing after reading point 1. Did you actually watch the game. You didn't did you? Was it past your bedtime.

And Traore needs to bulk up- ha ha. Give him some of popeye's spinach perhaps.

Last edited:
This should answer all of your questions. Our current crop of players simply aren't good enough for the Premier league. Not fit enough, athletic enough, quick enough or skillful enough. None of our players would get in any other PL starting eleven or even most squads.
It's a reality only deluded people would ignore.
Totally agree pal. It ain't rocket science.

6. Eh !?

7. See #2

10. Eh!?
Norwood did play fine most of game but was it him who let McTominay turn in the box and score his goal whilst holding his hands up to say - “honest ref I never touched him” - which truthfully he didn’t !

Ha ha - could not stop laughing after reading point 1. Did you actually watch the game. You didn't did you? Was it past your bedtime.

And Traore needs to bulk up- ha ha. Give him some of popeye's spinach perhaps.
Show me a video of Norwood hitting the first man.

"illusory truth effect"

Last edited:
Cant hold the ball up

I long for the days of Jeff Bourne & Barry Butlin - crap players but fkin great head hair
Now Jeff Bourne had lovely hair, not so sure on Barry Butlin's though, I think Alan Youngs was better.
Mine always looked more like Len De Goey's.

Why is Hecky calling the opposition United? We are United.

Might seem silly but this spoke volumes to me. Fair enough if you're recently through the door but he should be thinking like a Blade by this point, surely?
Because Hecky is from Barnsley, where the locals have a long and proud tradition of supporting Manchester United.

When you’re in a pickle like this, repeatedly doing the same thing is fundamentally the definition of…Stupidity

"illusory truth effect"
I sit near the front at Kop end of South Stand. So, my line of sight is similar to the corner kickers view. At corners, I was looking across to the box, and our players were swamped. No-one to play a ball too. Wherever Norwood put it, I'd say slim to no chance of one or our lot getting a head on it.

Best option looked like playing it right over. For one corner, Hamer (or might have been Souza) did drop back, and Norwood played it over to him. Trouble is, that while Norwood was running up, Hamer/Souza moved back into the centre, so it went right over him. Not Norwood's fault for me. Just talk to each other, lads!

Because the majority of our subs are unproven under 21s because we have a wafer thin squad.
Totally understand and agree with this, but in my opinion I don’t see how introducing Slimane and even One on Saturday would have made us any weaker. We literally had no threat or link up play whatsoever.

If we look specifically at the forward players though, it seems that without McBurnie we have no idea or plan how to develop play and to be threatening going forwards. We are really missing Jebbo / Osula, one or both of which would give us a better outlet than Archer / Traore late in games.

We are where we are in terms of personnel but I’d like to see us introduce combinations for the front four (exclude GK, back 5 and Vini) according to the game circumstances. On Saturday we had Slimane, Traore, One and Brewster.

I’d also like it to look like we have a plan when we alter things and that the players understand it, including those already on the pitch, rather than us playing hoofball to short forward players. Watching games fade away from an attacking perspective is draining the life out of me. Tbf this has been the case under Hecky before this season, it‘s been rare for his subs to change a game in a positive sense, much more usual for us to lose, or fail to gain, any momentum whatsoever.

I don’t mind Osborn but in no world was he the answer to being a goal down and taking off McAtee. Brewster and Traore played liked two strangers (again) rather than part of a cohesive attacking strategy.

6. Eh !?

7. See #2

10. Eh!?

I’m far from being Norwoods biggest fan but thought was decent. The only bad corner l recall was one that he overhit.

Because we ain't very good currently and don't learn from past mistakes. Rinse and Repeat

"illusory truth effect"
Simply watch the corners we against Man U and tell me that that is not hitting the first man. Watch all of them mind, not just the ones you pick out at random to support your view.

Back
Top Bottom