A few questions I can't quite get my head around

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with point 1. When we have Hamer and McAtee in the team there is no excuse for constantly persisting with Norwood on dead balls. His success ratio is pathetic. This is an issue Hecky can do something about (unlike having a skint onwer).
There's a reason why Norwood was offloaded by two previous clubs that he helped get promoted to the PL.
He should have gone on the same boat as Basham, Fleck and Osborn when we got promoted the first time around but unfortunately for us they are still moored up here.
Fucking criminal.

1. Why does Norwood take dead balls - there no good and he often does not even beat the first man? why do we persist with this poor delivery every time? Are we stupid?
2. Why do we constantly give the ball away - it puts us under so much pressure? Are we stupid?
3. We have no interest in going forward and why do we have no interest of putting a cross into the box? Are we stupid?
4. We get out-muscled every time - Why?
5. What is the point of Traore existence, other than to give the ball away?
6. Why has Wes started to watch every ball rather than attempt to dive for it? its like he's not interested anymore?
7. Why can't we put more than 2 passes together without losing the ball?
8. Why do we play Robinson and Norwood every game....they are simply not good enough? we can all see that but we carry on regardless? Again are we stupid?
9. Given the all the above, why do we take these issues into every game and expect it to be any different? We must be stupid?
10. The manger must be able to see this, but we don't attempt to change anything....Ah, I've got it, we are F*cking stupid!

The majority of all those answers is Hecky and his coaching staff

And if that is the conclusion why on earth are we persistently with him

Congratulations on answering your own exam paper entirely to your satisfaction.

And then getting one answer wrong.
How have I answered my own exam paper, when I wasn't the one asking the questions?

Instead of trying to reply about my satisfactions which you're wrong about, hows about you give your clappers opinion. In fact don't, because I already know it will be ridiculous.

And last but not least where did I say I got a question wrong? All I said is a exaggerated not that it was wrong.

So Congratulations for making yourself look a bit of a grade A weapon👍.

2) The players just are not good enough to retain possession, the ball is like a hot potato and we are not quick enough or fit enough to get up and down to support. Also we seem to deploy the tactics of kick it long.
)
the problem is them not us

Against championship players our lads had a couple of seconds to get their head up and pick a pass, Norwood ping been prime example

The oppo close us down so fast, and we aren’t gifted enough to play one touch in tight spaces

so, and it’s what we shout, get shut of it - they launch it - arguably better than fucking up 20yds out

Were then lumping long balls up and hoping

Fact is individually we aren’t at the technical ability to compete against about 15 of the teams in this league

1. Why does Norwood take dead balls - there no good and he often does not even beat the first man? why do we persist with this poor delivery every time? Are we stupid?

Hamer took at least some of them yesterday, but to partially answer your "first man" question, the aim of at least corners is to put it into a fairly precise area which maximises the probabilities of one of our players getting a good chance on goal - the issue is that said area often brings the first defender into play, and if the cross is slightly off it looks like a "poor delivery". They could quite easily deliver the ball with more height and/or deeper, but while you would miss the first man, the resultant ball is either much easier for other defenders to deal with, or the quality of chance is otherwise much worse.

Hamer took at least some of them yesterday, but to partially answer your "first man" question, the aim of at least corners is to put it into a fairly precise area which maximises the probabilities of one of our players getting a good chance on goal - the issue is that said area often brings the first defender into play, and if the cross is slightly off it looks like a "poor delivery". They could quite easily deliver the ball with more height and/or deeper, but while you would miss the first man, the resultant ball is either much easier for other defenders to deal with, or the quality of chance is otherwise much worse.
Bollocks - you don't stand any chance if you can't beat the first man. It should not be too difficult for a player who is paid circa £20k pet week. In any case if it keeps happening, why would you persist.

Bollocks - you don't stand any chance if you can't beat the first man. It should not be too difficult for a player who is paid circa £20k pet week. In any case if it keeps happening, why would you persist.

If that's the level of reply then I'm glad you're not on our coaching staff 🤣

Newsflash. We’re not a very good team.
This is exactly what winds me up. Lack of preparation going into the season. Why couldn't we have had this news lined up in July like a well-organised team? Why do I have to wait for ted to tell me once we are already over 2 months into the season?

I could have made arrangements to support a really good team.

Don't take it to heart pal. I may come across as being rather frustrated as you can tell.
Fair enough, was merely a comment that they're likely not just twatting it at the first man just because they're shit, and that there's a method to the madness

Fair enough, was merely a comment that they're likely not just twatting it at the first man just because they're shit, and that there's a method to the madness
Hes spent the last 3 years twatting it at the first man. I can count on one hand the number of times he has actually crossed it at pace into a dangerous area. Most times he loses the ball and the deflection off the first man often causes us huge break away defensive issues. There is no logic in the method, we need to get better delivery than he can offer or try something easier

Man utd had 4 extra men in the box than us (10 versus 6) when defending corners as we had the taker and 3 on edge on box unmarked.They should be moving to kicker to take MU defenders out of box or at least getting picked out with at least on corner..

I want to know what the plan is for next season back in the championship. We'll be without Archer and probably Hamer. Certainly no McAtee We'll still need to replace Norwood because we inexcusably didn't do it this summer and won't in Jan.

How are we going to get anywhere near to challenging for promotion on a shoe string? The Prince can't have a plan for this surely. The only conclusion I can come to is he no longer cares.

I want to know what the plan is for next season back in the championship. We'll be without Archer and probably Hamer. Certainly no McAtee We'll still need to replace Norwood because we inexcusably didn't do it this summer and won't in Jan.

How are we going to get anywhere near to challenging for promotion on a shoe string? The Prince can't have a plan for this surely. The only conclusion I can come to is he no longer cares.

I think in the Prince's worst case scenario, he's definitely sold us by next summer. Things may get worse than his worst case scenario though.

We are a championship/L1 team playing in the most competitive league in world football and people are asking why are we struggling ??? Fucking really ?? Where have you been in the last 20 years

To paraphrase a quote by King Keith, in the Championship we had the aspirations of a Premier League side, now we're in the Premier League, we've got the aspirations of a League One side.

Why is Hecky calling the opposition United? We are United.

Might seem silly but this spoke volumes to me. Fair enough if you're recently through the door but he should be thinking like a Blade by this point, surely?

The Prince had a very small window between the evening we were promoted v West Brom and end of July to sell at anywhere near his valuation of £170 million. He blew that chance and then publicly that he wanted to sell but retain a financial interest. Problem he has now is that any Buyer will see us as a Championship side in waiting - and if the stats on Transfermarket are correct 18 first team players out of contract or end of loan period in May/Jun 2024! Remember they can all walk away for nothing next summer! So this is infact a repeat on a bigger scale of this summer’s shambles. Plus this situation massively reduces the valuation further. I honestly do not know how the Prince can sell now & make any decent return. He’s blown it, but it is the fans who suffer as a consequence as we will be here long after the Prince has left.

Why is Hecky calling the opposition United? We are United.

Might seem silly but this spoke volumes to me. Fair enough if you're recently through the door but he should be thinking like a Blade by this point, surely?
He's already in P45 mode.

There's a reason why Norwood was offloaded by two previous clubs that he helped get promoted to the PL.
He should have gone on the same boat as Basham, Fleck and Osborn when we got promoted the first time around but unfortunately for us they are still moored up here.
Fucking criminal.
3 of those 4 were key in a side that was challenging for Europe but should have been binned beforehand? Alright then

Disagree about Robbo, arguably our best defender this season.

I’ll add another though - strength and conditioning - aside from the unbelievable numbers of injuries we suffer, why do we look like a bunch of part timers compared to the opposition each week, we’re totally gassed after 45 mins and why do we not trust our subs to freshen it up after 60-70 mins.
Because the majority of our subs are unproven under 21s because we have a wafer thin squad.

Back
Top Bottom