A few questions I can't quite get my head around

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why is Hecky calling the opposition United? We are United.

Might seem silly but this spoke volumes to me. Fair enough if you're recently through the door but he should be thinking like a Blade by this point, surely?

I thought that.

Totally understand and agree with this, but in my opinion I don’t see how introducing Slimane and even One on Saturday would have made us any weaker. We literally had no threat or link up play whatsoever.

If we look specifically at the forward players though, it seems that without McBurnie we have no idea or plan how to develop play and to be threatening going forwards. We are really missing Jebbo / Osula, one or both of which would give us a better outlet than Archer / Traore late in games.

We are where we are in terms of personnel but I’d like to see us introduce combinations for the front four (exclude GK, back 5 and Vini) according to the game circumstances. On Saturday we had Slimane, Traore, One and Brewster.

I’d also like it to look like we have a plan when we alter things and that the players understand it, including those already on the pitch, rather than us playing hoofball to short forward players. Watching games fade away from an attacking perspective is draining the life out of me. Tbf this has been the case under Hecky before this season, it‘s been rare for his subs to change a game in a positive sense, much more usual for us to lose, or fail to gain, any momentum whatsoever.

I don’t mind Osborn but in no world was he the answer to being a goal down and taking off McAtee. Brewster and Traore played liked two strangers (again) rather than part of a cohesive attacking strategy.
Sorry but as a like for like with Mcburnie ( which is what I think you imply) Jebbo and Osula are nowhere near capable at this level, the issue is when we don't have Mcburnie on the pitch we still hoof it to two midgets with pace who need the ball into channels

Sorry but as a like for like with Mcburnie ( which is what I think you imply) Jebbo and Osula are nowhere near capable at this level, the issue is when we don't have Mcburnie on the pitch we still hoof it to two midgets with pace who need the ball into channels
I agree not like for like, I didn’t intend to suggest so, but both are taller, stronger and have more pace than our alternatives.This means that they are capable of being used as outlets for a team who will likely spend most games having to defend a lot. We have to create a system and lineup which carries a threat to the opposition. Luton have achieved this with pace and aggression in their front two - both totally unproven at this level, as well as using set pieces.

McBurnie is a good outlet too albeit using his more aggressive nature and ability in the air. I always like to turn it around and think about what the opposition central defenders would not like to face - for me that’s McBurnie, Jebbo and Osula in terms of leading the line. We’re very unfortunate if we have a situation that all three are out and if so I’d strongly consider trying One. Saturday is a free hit, i cant see why we’d set up to defend for 90 minutes with no presence up front. The Yorkshire Post summary of One describes him as ….”As well as being technically astute, One is a towering physical presence capable of going toe-to-toe with players considerably more experienced than himself.”

As an aside, I would class Archer, and potentially Brewster and Traore, as goal scorers who need someone to play off. I would consider McAtee, Hamer and Slimane as being providers / link up players. When we play a back 5 then I’d add the wing backs to the provider list.

For now, with a back four, i’d be going with Norwood, Souza, two providers, one goal scorer and one line leader. Might seem simplistic but i’d suggest it’s far better than ending up with 3 goal scorers and Ozzy and no capability to link from the defence and midfield. Any more injuries in the line leaders and i give up!!

How have I answered my own exam paper, when I wasn't the one asking the questions?

Instead of trying to reply about my satisfactions which you're wrong about, hows about you give your clappers opinion. In fact don't, because I already know it will be ridiculous.

And last but not least where did I say I got a question wrong? All I said is a exaggerated not that it was wrong.

So Congratulations for making yourself look a bit of a grade A weapon👍.
Sorry.
My old addled brain failed to differentiate between the OP, Crooked Blademan, and you, Blademan89.
There‘s too many different blademans around at the moment for me to cope with.

Back
Top Bottom