Happy 5th of May to all Blades fans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We won promotion to the top flight. We didn't qualify for the Champions League. We've won promotion to the top flight many times. Nothing new.

We won promotion to the top flight. We didn't qualify for the Champions League. We've won promotion to the top flight many times. Nothing new.

Yes but the Pigs getting relegated from the top flight that very afternoon made it quite special, something new
As the badge says - The Ultimate Sheffield Double

Yes but the Pigs getting relegated from the top flight that very afternoon made it quite special, something new
As the badge says - The Ultimate Sheffield Double
Suppose the pigs got the ultimate revenge by coming straight back up finished 3rd in their first season back,stayed up for 8 season's, won the League Cup and qualified for the old UEFA Cup.

Sorry we are Blades we don't follow them we love them, we don't expect to win things we're not glory hunters this season has been awful but I'll tell you this much WE'RE STILL THE FUCKING BEST.

Suppose the pigs got the ultimate revenge by coming straight back up finished 3rd in their first season back,stayed up for 8 season's, won the League Cup and qualified for the old UEFA Cup.

So we can't celebrate a great day simply because other rubbish days happened later?

Those didnt happen on May 5th 1991 that is what this thread is all about

The Blades did the double over them the season after, the pigs also got hammered 7-1 by Arsenal and 6-1 by L666s, I dont really care they finished 3rd

lower deck behind the goal just 2 yards to the right of the right side goal post
the 2nd goal was tremendous fun
its in. no its not, it is , no theyve blocked it and again no ,its Deane woohoo
My gigs got knocked off in that mayhem
How they were still in one piece when I found them is one of life’s mysteries😂

I can’t believe it’s 31 years ago!
It seems a life time away now , pound for pound , the best day supporting the Blades and I have been through a lot , from the company , pubs , wining first goal scorer kitty on coach , the sunshine , the performance , leaving the ground and learning about pigs going down well before mobiles etc , to coming back to Sheff and having a reight night out down town , Pure magic !

Beautiful, beautiful day, went on a coach which was rare but brilliant, behind the goal where we scored 4, absolute mayhem, loved watching all the fancy dress on the pitch and of course recorded forever in the documentary United

Better day than Darlo for me. Perfect weather, local boozer at 11, down the M1, brilliant performance, on the pitch at the end as we heard that them twats had been relegated at the sty ! Back on the coach straight back onto London Road, piss up, curry, taxi home - job done !!

It has to be my favorite away day , because we had to win if memory serves me right. we had that battering by leeds just a couple of weeks before, so it wasn't a gimme .
Just a shame we lost out on goal difference to Leeds for the title .

Conned my inexperienced driver sister to take us in the car so I could get bladdered.

She'd not passed her driving test very long and I've got her doing 70 mph down the M1

I was quite helpful to her on the way down, but coming back I was as about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

The other two passengers in the back were asleep 10 minutes outside Leicester and I must have dozed off for a few minutes at Junction 32 and woke up just before junction 35

I got my sister off the M1 and we drove into Sheffield through pigland

I was honking the horn and shouting abuse out the windows and my sister was trying to drive and pull me back in the car as bottles and bricks were hurled at us

Great day, but my sister never drove us anywhere again

My dad and I were in the side stand opposite where the tv cameras were. My dad had an ear infection and was in pain every time he lost his balance (we were stood on our seats) during the goal celebrations so I had to keep watching him and protect him from being knocked about too much. He enjoyed the day despite the pain

Last edited:
Beat us at Wembley aswell. Ok I will shut up lol
Those didnt happen on May 5th 1991 that is what this thread is all about.
Those didnt happen on May 5th 1991 that is what this thread is all about

The Blades did the double over them the season after, the pigs also got hammered 7-1 by Arsenal and 6-1 by L666s, I dont really care they finished 3rd
This thread is NOT all about 5th May 1991.

Best away day ever for me. Despite being sat in the home end I was up and celebrating every goal. Oh and I met Russ Abbot on the way home.

Back
Top Bottom