Player Suggestion Hamza Choudhury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You're probably right. I think Berge's wages might be about 50k now we're back in the PL.

O'Brien might have got close to that from Forest and Choudhury might have even got similar being at Leicester so long.
I think I've read somewhere that choudhury is on 60k a week.

I suppose we could chuck a bit more of a signing on fee his way and lower his weekly pay so that he isn't out of touch with the rest of the players in the squad as its not good for morale if you have certain players on considerably more moolah each week than the others. A signing on fee might allow us to have a bit more parity in monthly take home pay.

I suppose we could chuck a bit more of a signing on fee his way and lower his weekly pay so that he isn't out of touch with the rest of the players in the squad as its not good for morale if you have certain players on considerably more moolah each week than the others. A signing on fee might allow us to have a bit more parity in monthly take home pay.
i like choudray and think he could become a bit of a cult figure at the lane but he aint getting 60k a week from us or anybody else for that matter if he moves

I read sonewhere that the average premier league salary is 4m a year and the median over 3m...that's roughly 80k a week and 60k a week ( and that's guaranteed before bonuses etc)

We have to change this mindset that 50-60k a week is a lot in the Premier league. If we want to play with the big boys we have to pay big boy salaries. There's no way the likes of Doyle, Choudary, OBrien etc al are coming to us for the type of money some on here think they should do. If we can't or aren't prepared to pay this kind of money its pointless us looking at them. I'm pretty sure Hecky would pay Doyle 60k a year and hopefully the Prince will push the boat out for a couple of players like he did with Jags.

I read sonewhere that the average premier league salary is 4m a year and the median over 3m...that's roughly 80k a week and 60k a week ( and that's guaranteed before bonuses etc)

We have to change this mindset that 50-60k a week is a lot in the Premier league. If we want to play with the big boys we have to pay big boy salaries. There's no way the likes of Doyle, Choudary, OBrien etc al are coming to us for the type of money some on here think they should do. If we can't or aren't prepared to pay this kind of money its pointless us looking at them. I'm pretty sure Hecky would pay Doyle 60k a year and hopefully the Prince will push the boat out for a couple of players like he did with Jags.
We'll only pay 60K if there's no transfer fee.

Expect we'll target championship players.....like last time, as we can offer 30K and it will be a big pay rise for that player....so we're an attractive proposition.

I agree but it's not guna happen is it. Its already been fairly well publicised we aren't going to be throwing cash around. The only player I could see us considering offering 60k a week is Ndiaye and that's probably only because they know he won't sign it.

Hecky is going to have to work miracles and hope that squad togetherness with little bits of added quality carry us through. We can't do what Forest did last season.

I agree but it's not guna happen is it. Its already been fairly well publicised we aren't going to be throwing cash around. The only player I could see us considering offering 60k a week is Ndiaye and that's probably only because they know he won't sign it.

Hecky is going to have to work miracles and hope that squad togetherness with little bits of added quality carry us through. We can't do what Forest did last season.
Nobody wants to do what Forest did. However I don't think it's unrealistic to pay a couple of top players at the right age an average premier league salary to get them through the door. For me Doyle would be one of those

I agree Illiman should also be one of them but i don't think 60k a week will be enough to keep him here long term. There will be other clubs out there prepared to pay him 100k or more. I think we may have to accept he's going at the end of next season for free but keep him in the hope he can keep us up.

I'm also prepared to accept we may not pay anyone that kind of money but that means we cant be looking at the likes of Doyle. If that's tje case we may end up with a Premier League team no better or perhaps worse than this seasons and I can't believe the Prince will let that happen

1, We can't afford to pay anyone £50k, let alone £60k
2. As soon as you start paying certain players more than others that's your team spirit gone.

Do all teams pay their players exactly the same wage because they don’t want to damage team spirit?

Or do some clubs (and their players) accept there’s not a single, uniform wage rate?

Some players get paid more than others, I reckon.

Do all teams pay their players exactly the same wage because they don’t want to damage team spirit?

Or do some clubs (and their players) accept there’s not a single, uniform wage rate?

Some players get paid more than others, I reckon.
Spurs pay Kane much more than anyone else and they have a great team spirit.

I don’t think Spurs’ problems are anything to do with Kane’s wages. 😂

Team spirit seems great at Citeh…do they all get paid the same?

All teams have players on higher wages.
My point, which I made badly, is that if you want to unsettle a team the best thing to do is to sign someone on much bigger wages than your best players. We will have top earners, medium earners and youth contracts. You have to be fairly consistent.

My point, which I made badly, is that if you want to unsettle a team the best thing to do is to sign someone on much bigger wages than your best players. We will have top earners, medium earners and youth contracts. You have to be fairly consistent.
We’ll be in big trouble then…I would’ve thought that practically everyone we sign will be on much higher wages than Iliman Ndiaye…🤷‍♂️

Spurs pay Kane much more than anyone else and they have a great team spirit.
its a fine line this robbie with salaries i completely see your point about team spirit if some players are on more than others but im afraid this is the way of modern football especially in the premier league personally i think we have to start paying higher salaries for players if we ever want to become an established premier league club but think your right doubt hecky will want too many prima donnas at the lane its just not the clubs remit

We have to change this mindset that 50-60k a week is a lot in the Premier league.
Nail on head moment. Last visit or two to PL we’ve tried to be the club to stop the ridiculous amount players are paid, went well dint it? Lost every player we were after to Villa, Fulham et al.

But thats why unless we are bought in next few weeks, this will be another token visit to the PL with money funding debts and running club a bit longer on a shoe string.

its a fine line this robbie with salaries i completely see your point about team spirit if some players are on more than others but im afraid this is the way of modern football especially in the premier league personally i think we have to start paying higher salaries for players if we ever want to become an established premier league club but think your right doubt hecky will want too many prima donnas at the lane its just not the clubs remit
Ancient nobody wants prima donna's. Doyle isn't a primary donna but he's not coming to Bramall Lane for the same money that Norwood or Fleck earn and why should he ?

I'd have said we should go to 60 or 70k a week for the odd player or three this time but I don't know just how skint we'll be so it might be unrealistic

And I'd prefer a new kop anyway.....

Ancient nobody wants prima donna's. Doyle isn't a primary donna but he's not coming to Bramall Lane for the same money that Norwood or Fleck earn and why should he ?
well no we dont and as a club weve very rarely had players like this in a strange sort of way our supposed limit budget could help us in the long run last time round we bought highly priced players that were content with a low salary think this time we have to use the loan with a view to buy market but offer higher salaries to attract the quality of player were going to need if were to have any chance of staying in the premier league

Leicester have activated a 1 year extension apparently

I'm sure that if we were to pay Ndiaye what he is worth and that results in players getting survival bonuses and an additional year on PL wages, that the rest of the squad would put up with being "unsettled"

Perhaps our players might recognise that if we sign better players on bigger wages, then their own chance of keeping their inflated Premier League salaries is much higher. 🤷‍♂️
There is absolutely an element of this. The trouble starts when players think that the ones earning the higher wages aren’t justifying it. As long as they are performing there doesn’t tend to be much of a problem. But players are well aware that there is a hierarchy in salaries.

Thought that might happen.
Their starting midfield will get picked to pieces this Summer, they are going to need him in the Championship.
Agreed.

He might not feel much loyalty, despite being a local lad, as he's never really played. But he needs to play regularly now and the Championship is a perfectly good place for him to do it.

Guessing we wouldn't pay much for him, perhaps he's off the table. Hard to know!

Back
Top Bottom