Player Suggestion Hamza Choudhury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Keinan Davis was priority number 2 in my mind last Summer. In hindsight, we probably did well to avoid him. Seems injury prone and does struggle for goals.
At the time, we had no idea that McBurnie was going to rediscover his old form so I don't think the logic was too flawed..
A pal at work who’s a Watford fan thinks Davis is dreadful. Like you (I imagine) I’d seen how much of a nuisance he was for Forest and thought he’d make for a good signing. But a striker that rarely scores and has injury struggles needs to massively overcompensate for that in other areas, and that’s without thinking about how much ‘being a nuisance’ translates to the PL where defenders are bigger, stronger and quicker. Completely agree on being glad we avoided.

Davis seems to have issues with injuries and confidence. Watford generally have been fucked with injuries. Biggest miss has been that Louza, who started for the first time in ages yesterday

Choudhury was a f**king pain in the arse as usual. Interceptions galore. Nearly even kept the goal out

Davis seems to have issues with injuries and confidence. Watford generally have been fucked with injuries. Biggest miss has been that Louza, who started for the first time in ages yesterday

Choudhury was a f**king pain in the arse as usual. Interceptions galore. Nearly even kept the goal out
Seems like cooper knew this and that’s why forest didn’t try for him on a perm.

Seem to remember Choudhury being head and shoulders MoTM for Leicstoh against us at The Lane. Surprised that he hadn’t kicked on and is at Watford.

Choudhury was brilliant yesterday, everything Berge isnt, worked his arse off even though he was carrying a knock (again), if you could keep him fit he is exceptional.
As for Davies , he must have just had two of those games against us, McBurnie looked a far better player yesterday.

Choudhury was brilliant yesterday, everything Berge isnt, worked his arse off even though he was carrying a knock (again), if you could keep him fit he is exceptional.
As for Davies , he must have just had two of those games against us, McBurnie looked a far better player yesterday.
Completely agree Sitters.

I though Davies would be a great signing for us but he missed two gilt edged chances yesterday and didn't do a lot else whereas McBurnie was a right workhorse for us, great defending in our box, won everything up top and his hold up play was good too.

If Watford can get Choudhury and Louza together regularly now, in front of the new CB pair who I thought made very few mistakes, they're one of the favourites for the play offs. Lot of contenders though to be fair. It's interesting below us, with a good varied bunch of clubs and styles

If Watford can get Choudhury and Louza together regularly now, in front of the new CB pair who I thought made very few mistakes, they're one of the favourites for the play offs. Lot of contenders though to be fair. It's interesting below us, with a good varied bunch of clubs and styles
I thought their centre backs were laughably bad

Choudhury was also the best player on the pitch when Watford were very unlucky at Turf Moor a couple of weeks ago. I’d take him if we go up, that sort of presence in midfield will be vital in the PL.

Egan was having a very long chat with him at the end of the game - Hopefully tapping him up for next season!
Would be the perfect partner for Norwood.

Great player.

Sign Choudhury, Chong and Mejbri. How cool would those hair cuts look in a flat midfield 3:

23_120.png
23_120.png
23_120.png

All class players too!

Egan was having a very long chat with him at the end of the game - Hopefully tapping him up for next season!
Would be the perfect partner for Norwood.

I'd agree with half of that. I'd see him as a replacement for Norwood. Not the same style of player obvs, but if we get promoted and stick to 3 CB's, then we'd need to reconfigure our midfield into a more effective diamond, with 1 CF. We need to inject mobility, goals and creativity in more advanced areas into it.

I'd see Choudhury as the deep sitting DCM at the bottom of the shape, not with the expansive passing range of Norwood, but with more mobility, bite and the ability to break up play. Read the game, set the tempo, keep it simple, win 60-40's and tap ankles.

I'd then have someone like Hugo Vetlesen (Norwegian international), Lewis Ferguson (Bologna) or Menino (Palmeiras. Long shot) on the right and Ludovic Blas (Nantes), Gomez (on loan from Man City) or Kenneth Taylor (Ajax. Long shot) on the left either side of him. Ndiaye would then sit at the top of the shape in a semi free role behind a lone forward.

Was gonna post similar to NC, I'd see him as something of a partial replacement for Norwood, in terms of occupying the deeper position, but with someone else alongside who is also defensively solid, but good on the ball too. The two we were most linked with when Berge signed are ideal and both look available - Grillitsch and Camara. Should sign OBrien too regardless IMO

I think we'd need to focus on making the midfield good defensively. Easiest way to be competitive. No point pretending we can just become any sort of possession side because we're not even close to that in this league. Having two or three in there who cover a lot of ground is the way to go, especially with Ndiaye in front removing the creative burden

If we just signed a new midfield I'm confident we'd avoid a repeat of the last PL season

O'Brien is a great shout for the LCM, and perhaps more sensible/achievable than a couple of my names. 👍

I think if we do go up, we have to be bold in our transfers and go global. There's value to be had in South America and I'm happy for us to be used as a stepping stone for players of the age, profile, cost and potential of MacAllister, Danilo or Caicedo.

If we were tempted by a 4-2-3-1, Choudhury could sit along side either Norwood or Berge in the 2.

We'd need to sell Berge IMO, he would get massively in the way of the approach we need to take

Whatever we do if we manage to hang on to 2nd, we can't jeopardise ourselves with any risky big spends, and need to go some way towards building a new permanent core that at least leaves us strong in the championship, and OBrien epitomises that sort of addition

Any idea exactly how he got on at Watford?

This lad is a good shout, we are going to need a midfield destroyer who can run and play and he fits the bill and our budget

Back
Top Bottom