Player Suggestion Hamza Choudhury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Any idea exactly how he got on at Watford?
A quick Google and look at stats suggest he's done pretty well in a bit of a messy team. Bilic even described him as their main "player" earlier this year.

I'm not the man to analyse his stats versus other defensive midfielders though.

Great player.

Sign Choudhury, Chong and Mejbri. How cool would those hair cuts look in a flat midfield 3:

23_120.png
23_120.png
23_120.png

All class players too!

Just need Wes to grow a big cornrow...

1684932267286.png

Ndiaye can have a spot too if he grows this badboy back:

1684932369487.png

Out of interest then, if you know the article suggests around £6m why did you misreport it at £5m?

I read the article months ago and was recalling it from memory.
When challenged, I dug it up and as it transpires I was relatively close. Very close considering I said "circa £5m..."

A lot closer than the sourceless £15m you decided not to challenge. But anyway...

Last edited:
When challenged, I dug it up and as it transpires I was relatively close. Very close considering I said "circa £6m..."

A lot closer than the sourceless £15m you decided not to challenge. But anyway...
If you believe what you read in footballleagueworld then no wonder you are so despondent

When challenged, I dug it up and as it transpires I was relatively close.

Err, he said he can’t support it, so it’s kind of already answered isn’t it? What more info would you press for?
Whereas you, by your own comments had seen a low ball figure guessed at and chose to further play it down while having a pop at the club not being able to afford it, entirely innocently of course.
I just wondered why you did it, and you’ve answered?

Err, he said he can’t support it, so it’s kind of already answered isn’t it? What more info would you press for?
Whereas you, by your own comments had seen a low ball figure guessed at and chose to further play it down while having a pop at the club not being able to afford it, entirely innocently of course.
I just wondered why you did it, and you’ve answered?

He didn't say he couldn't support it, he just sarcastically dismissed my source.

You say it is a 'low ball figure' why so? You say it was 'guessed at,' - it was reported. What would make it more official in your eyes?

You say I 'chose to further play it down' when I clearly said I was recalling an article from several months ago. I said "circa £5m" which £6m is...

Boring.

He didn't say he couldn't support it, he just sarcastically dismissed my source.

You say it is a 'low ball figure' why so? You say it was 'guessed at,' - it was reported. What would make it more official in your eyes?

You say I 'chose to further play it down' when I clearly said I was recalling an article from several months ago. I said "circa £5m" which £6m is...

Boring.
Why ask questions if you don’t want them answering and it’s boring you?
Anyway I’ll bore you no longer as you’ve already clarified it was entirely innocent and it wasn’t to make any sort of point or dig.

This lad is still someone we should be looking at and we may even be likely to get him if Leicester somehow stay up.

Also, I noticed this thread might get to Dan Burn or Sam Morsy levels since its been going 3 years already and the player gets suggested every transfer window. 😄

From my Watford supporting mate who has a season ticket

"Really active and committed on the pitch. A little defensive in my mind."

That article also doesn't suggest Watford have an option to buy or even first refusal.
I suppose it comes down to whether Leicester want him back or want the money.
With the Prem pull we are probably a more exciting prospect than both to the player but I think we'd struggle to match his wages from either.
£6m seems an absolute steal if that's to believed.

From my Watford supporting mate who has a season ticket

"Really active and committed on the pitch. A little defensive in my mind."

Is that defensive in comparison to midfielders as a whole, or defensive in comparison to defensive midfielders like what Choudhury is?

Is that defensive in comparison to midfielders as a whole, or defensive in comparison to defensive midfielders like what Choudhury is?
They thought he was a general box to box midfielder but has shown under wilder his CDM qualities
His general opinion is he would do a good job in the Premier League as a CDM
Apparently there's a few disappointed that CW s not getting the job full time

The questions around his fitness and his bodies ability to play regularly have been answered so he would be someone to seriously consider.
Question is how much?
According to the regular Chicken Lickin’s we have nothing to spend, nada, nichts.
Clearly if true we can’t sign anyone so we’re going to be in a bit of dodo. Personally I think we’ll bring a few in and I hope he’s one.

The questions around his fitness and his bodies ability to play regularly have been answered so he would be someone to seriously consider.
Question is how much?
According to the regular Chicken Lickin’s we have nothing to spend, nada, nichts.
Clearly if true we can’t sign anyone so we’re going to be in a bit of dodo. Personally I think we’ll bring a few in and I hope he’s one.

I think we need to sell Berge to fund some business.
Not just for this season but to future-proof, particularly midfield.

Suggested on another thread we could potentially loan Doyle and sign Choudhury and O'Brien for the price of Berge.
It might not seem an exciting prospect but we lose Sander next Summer for nothing if we sit on our hands.

Suggested on another thread we could potentially loan Doyle and sign Choudhury and O'Brien for the price of Berge.
It might not seem an exciting prospect but we lose Sander next Summer for nothing if we sit on our hands.
Not sure that nets out.
How much are you expecting to get for Berge and what are you paying the new lads in fees and wages?

I'd snap your hands off for that.
I'm not sure City will loan Doyle out again to be honest, maybe they will now we've gone up, but I have a feeling they will want a sale now.
But would I swap both those players at any point of Sanders contract? Absolutely, now there's only a year left on it - it sounds like a no brainer.
Add to that it could possibly save us selling Ndiaye and ill drive him to the highest bidder myself.

Not sure that nets out.
How much are you expecting to get for Berge and what are you paying the new lads in fees and wages?

Berge might fetch £10-13m(ish) now.
Think the offers in Jan were circa £20m.

O'Brien - £6/7m, Choudhury - £5/6m.
Combined wages might be 1.5 x Berge's.

The deal wouldn't entirely wash it's face but we have to expect to add to our wage bill and dip into the TV money somewhere.

The deal wouldn't entirely wash it's face but we have to expect to add to our wage bill and dip into the TV money somewhere.
I reckon your valuations might be close, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wages (combined) are double that.

tend to agree with you here selling berge to bring 2 quality midfielders in would be good business imo although i still think we could get 15m for berge even with only 1 year on his contract left

He can sign for foreign clubs on a pre-contract deal in January for free. I’m not sure we’d even get £10m right now unless a team is trying to avoid missing out.

I reckon your valuations might be close, but I wouldn't be surprised if the wages (combined) are double that.

You're probably right. I think Berge's wages might be about 50k now we're back in the PL.

O'Brien might have got close to that from Forest and Choudhury might have even got similar being at Leicester so long.

The biggest stumbling block might actually be if Leicester get relegated.
Far more likely Ndidi, Tielemans (OOC anyway), and Soumare leave and in that scenario they will need a CDM of their own in the Championship.
Hold their own as they won’t need the money if they sell Ndidi and Soumare.

Back
Top Bottom