Ground extentions/Renovations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'm happy for you to stay in your own deluded pool. You've not provided detailed figures, you've relied on newspaper headlines, and suddenly you seem to consider yourself far more informed than posters such as Sean Thornton .....with a bit of luck someone will appear soon to confirm just how wrong you are, but best of luck with your assumption that you know something that is at best unreliable and at worst simply untrue.

Right so a well respected accounting firm deloitte is wrong ?

Are you drunk

So let's get this right, now you're saying we'll get far in excess of £200 million?!?!! Yet you can't offer detailed information about exact amounts and from which source this additional income arrives from, can you? Stop making up figures and show where these figures originate from. Either do that or stop rattling the same empty cage.

£170m over three seasons it appears. £300m surviving for a second season. A far cry from the £200m initially suggested.

Around a hundred million plus our turnover may double. So £140m Max next season. If relegated, £75m in parachute payments - over two years.

It’s from Deloittes consultancy arm, not the accountancy and audit side.

Right so a well respected accounting firm deloitte is wrong ?

Are you drunk

No, completely sober. I hope post #392 offers confirmation that your imaginings are just that. Wrong from beginning to end, a good thing you don't do the club's accounts. I told you to make sure you got your facts right, but you wouldn't listen would you?

No, completely sober. I hope post #392 offers confirmation that your imaginings are just that. Wrong from beginning to end, a good thing you don't do the club's accounts. I told you to make sure you got your facts right, but you wouldn't listen would you?

That literally agrees with everything ive said

There's nothing literal about it at all......refusing to accept the fact that we'll have far less than you've repeated over and over must be a tough truth to accept, but clearly stating that you've nailed these facts is misleading and shows just how unsure you are of the actual facts, as opposed to the imaginary figures you seem to conjure up from thin air.

Tell you what, if you're so sure, reply to Sean Thornton and show how your dizzy approach to income matches the figures he's been happy to reveal? Will you do that, please?

There's nothing literal about it at all......refusing to accept the fact that we'll have far less than you've repeated over and over must be a tough truth to accept, but clearly stating that you've nailed these facts is misleading and shows just how unsure you are of the actual facts, as opposed to the imaginary figures you seem to conjure up from thin air.

Tell you what, if you're so sure, reply to Sean Thornton and show how your dizzy approach to income matches the figures he's been happy to reveal? Will you do that, please?

The article says a guaranteed 170 million and upwards of 300 million which is what I’ve said. And pointed out by showing you articles
I dont really know what your point is or problem is

Can’t argue with an idiot :tumbleweed:

The article says a guaranteed 170 million and upwards of 300 million which is what I’ve said. And pointed out by showing you articles
I dont really know what your point is or problem is

Can’t argue with an idiot :tumbleweed:

You were provided with actual figures that state we get £140 maximum next season, yet you continue to twist these figures to suit your fabricated figures. As was stated, this was Deloitte's consultancy you used as an authoritative source, again, another example that you've no idea how to read the actual figures and over which timescale they're paid. Get your figures and facts in order, otherwise you'll be shown up once again.

No it doesnt. You originally said £200m. ( without a time period) Then £190m. Never mentioning other existing income sources.
So £20/30m out.

You also appeared to believe info prepared by Deloittes accounting side. Simply reading the articles correctly wouldn’t have you scrambling about pretending you knew what you were talking about. You have form with figures remember. Being unable to reconcile how an eighteen year old could amass 45000 loyalty points, twenty thousand or so more than you.

Feel free to your fall back position of hurling insults to mask your inaccuracies though.

No it doesnt. You originally said £200m. ( without a time period) Then £190m. Never mentioning other existing income sources.
So £20/30m out.

You also appeared to believe info prepared by Deloittes accounting side. Simply reading the articles correctly wouldn’t have you scrambling about pretending you knew what you were talking about. You have form with figures remember. Being unable to reconcile how an eighteen year old could amass 45000 loyalty points, twenty thousand or so more than you.

Feel free to your fall back position of hurling insults to mask your inaccuracies though.

You were provided with actual figures that state we get £140 maximum next season, yet you continue to twist these figures to suit your fabricated figures. As was stated, this was Deloitte's consultancy you used as an authoritative source, again, another example that you've no idea how to read the actual figures and over which timescale they're paid. Get your figures and facts in order, otherwise you'll be shown up once again.

I never stated we get it in one season I really don’t know what your banging on about

So £20/30m out.

I haven’t insulted anyone ? Your the one replying to me when I haven’t even replied to your message

I said we get 200 million hence we can afford any possible renovations are affordable I don’t understand your problem just don’t reply

I never stated we get it in one season I really don’t know what your banging on about

It seems that other posters are aware of your shortcomings, nice to know that you really are incapable of understanding the complexities of newly acquired income.

I hadn't realised that you had previous regarding being inadequate where figures are concerned. There's nothing wrong is not understanding, but pretending you do, well that's worrying and shows your opinion cannot be trusted.

Neither did your initial figure of £200m say what period it was over. You didn’t really say much other than be wrong by a minimum of £20m.

It seems that other posters are aware of your shortcomings, nice to know that you really are incapable of understanding the complexities of newly acquired income.

I hadn't realised that you had previous regarding being inadequate where figures are concerned. There's nothing wrong is not understanding, but pretending you do, well that's worrying and shows your opinion cannot be trusted.

I do clearly understand that we are guaranteed a minimum of 170 million

It’s a forum not a court of law you big weirdo

Not surprised you and Sean Thornton are best mates

I haven’t insulted anyone ? Your the one replying to me when I haven’t even replied to your message

I said we get 200 million hence we can afford any possible renovations are affordable I don’t understand your problem just don’t reply

You called itsinyerblood a moron. Asked if he was drunk.

Again, talking nonsense. How much are the building works you want? How much does Wilder need for players? How do you know the budget, running costs and the ongoing work already being done?

£200m over three years you are now saying. When do we strengthen the team then? Year 1,2 or 3? Do we do the ground improvements all in one go or over three years? What if we get relegated with a much higher wage bill, or improvements half done? Where does the extra income come from if the Kop is shut for months?

This is what people in charge, putting their own money in over the years have to consider. Not some unjoined up thinking, knee jerk forum post.

Last edited:

Ah, the old retracting what-you-said routine. Nothing wrong if that's as close to an admission of being wrong as you'll get.

As for my relationship with Sean Thornton I can neither confirm or deny exactly how close we are (he's definitely not my boyfriend), but one thing I do know, he's far more savvy and informed about accountancy than you'll ever be, yet you pretend to know what you're talking about. Trying to impress when you're clueless isn't impressive, don't do it again.

And therefore people are allowed to question what they read.

Again, talking nonsense. How much are the building works you want? How much does Wilder need for players? How do you know the budget, running costs and the ongoing work already being done?

£200m over three years you are now saying. When do we strengthen the team then? Year 1,2 or 3? Do we do the ground improvements all in one go or over three years? What if we get relegated with a much higher wage bill, or improvements half done? Where does the extra income come from if the Kop is shut for months?

This is what people in charge, putting their own money in over the years have to consider. Not some unjoined up knee jerk forum post.

Now that's what I call impressive, pity some posters can't learn from such eloquent descriptions of how the Blades are run.

Will we or won’t we be getting 170 million plus ? For getting promoted

You really are reading far too much into my statement

You said £200m and then £190m. Then attributed your figures to Deloittes accounting arm for some reason.

We are actually likely to get £100m for being promoted. The other £75m is for getting relegated.

Have you accepted calling someone a moron is insulting?

Ah, the old retracting what-you-said routine. Nothing wrong if that's as close to an admission of being wrong as you'll get.

As for my relationship with Sean Thornton I can neither confirm or deny exactly how close we are (he's definitely not my boyfriend), but one thing I do know, he's far more savvy and informed about accountancy than you'll ever be, yet you pretend to know what you're talking about. Trying to impress when you're clueless isn't impressive, don't do it again.

I’m outraged. No one suggested Morecambe and Wise were gay for sharing a bed........

You said £200m and then £190m. Then attributed your figures to Deloittes accounting arm for some reason.

We are actually likely to get £100m for being promoted. The other £75m is for getting relegated.

Have you accepted calling someone a moron is insulting?

To apologise would show the type of backbone we haven't seen so far, and if I were employ similar language, such as crawling back under the stone he came from, can you imagine the bravado and faux outrage that would be used?

The main thing is that his silence is the surest sign of exhaustion, of ideas, of attempting to cover his backside, and most significantly, of being unable to admit he made a full blown mistake. In future I hope he learns the lesson that some are meant to deal with figures and some aren't.

It looks very much like this thread has been hijacked but to me it all seems a bit pointless arguing about something that has been overtaken by recent events. the only rebuilding at the lane will be to get it up to Premier League standard. I just can't see whoever wins the ownership battle spending any money on ground developments as it looks very much like Prince Abdul just wants to make a bit of money and McCabe also wants to sell up so neither have any incentive to spend money on the stadium.
Like it or not we will have new owners soon probably foreign who will not give two fucks about Bramall lane they will just start again on some old steelworks site down the Cliffe or on Norton aerodrome. Get ready to move to a bland bowl near a retail park.

It looks very much like this thread has been hijacked but to me it all seems a bit pointless arguing about something that has been overtaken by recent events. the only rebuilding at the lane will be to get it up to Premier League standard. I just can't see whoever wins the ownership battle spending any money on ground developments as it looks very much like Prince Abdul just wants to make a bit of money and McCabe also wants to sell up so neither have any incentive to spend money on the stadium.
Like it or not we will have new owners soon probably foreign who will not give two fucks about Bramall lane they will just start again on some old steelworks site down the Cliffe or on Norton aerodrome. Get ready to move to a bland bowl near a retail park.

The general consensus on here is that neither current owner has the money to carry out the redevelopment as shown in various plans etc. I’ve said before those plans were for new owners to consider possibilities. Nothing more, save for possibly Kop redevelopment.
In the court case threads, major concerns were that a) the legal fees would swallow up Club money - wrong - and that the winner would bleed the club dry. At the same time huge redevelopments are being demanded of the winner. It’s not joined up thinking.
I can’t see not in our lifetimes anyway - a move away from BL unless it makes money. Otherwise what’s the point?

And you say my figures are way out?

How the hell would one stand cost £200m? Yet other clubs can build whole stadiums for half that cost.
Even a bolt on design could be done several ways, £25m should get you more than just an extension onto the existing structure.
Rotherham Uniteds 12000 stadium cost £20m. Pride park £40m And they had to purchase the land too.
Liverpool’s huge new stand cost £115m but had to buy all the houses nearby and renovate all the ground surrounding it. (Despite this that stand earned them £20m this season alone!)
So you’re figures are fantasy, absolutely miles off.

And how do you know a new stand would only generate 2500 new seats?

There are extra expenses that the other grounds didn’t have, it’s not just building a stand.
There are removal of tonnes of soil (could find all kinds of stuff under the Kop) and preparation costs, also 2 years worth of lost revenue on 10,200 seats (11 million gates receipts based on a full Kop at £28 a ticket), also pissing off loads of fans that effectively receive a stadium ban for 2 years. There’s a chance that once they find something else to do for 2 years, they might never return.

If the current stand gives 3,200, then with the same roof line a new stand with more leg room and a steeper rake can’t offer the same 3,200 seats.
A new stand might not give any additional seats but surely it wouldn’t be done for no increase in capacity.
Unless we do something like Newcastle and have 2 massive, very high stands, making the stadium lob sided.

Would love to know the accurate costings the architects have for the various options.

My point is that a totally new stand (in my opinion) is massively more expensive than the current design
And the only difference between the 2 options is
2 inch more knee room
and a steeper rake, for a slightly better view if you’re under average height
And more conferencing/ banqueting facilities (which we probably wouldn’t need if the South stand is done).

Agree with the recent comments, unless we acquire very ambitious investors, then it’s not likely to be done.

Just got a picture , captioned form my youngest Blade, and apparently they have added an extra 9 seats on away end !!!!
That's what happens when people get questions and answers muddled up.
"Are the new owners going to be Germans? How many extra seats do we need?" . "Nine and don't know".

This is what people in charge, putting their own money in over the years have to consider. Not some unjoined up knee jerk forum post.
To apologise would show the type of backbone we haven't seen so far, and if I were employ similar language, such as crawling back under the stone he came from, can you imagine the bravado and faux outrage that would be used?

The main thing is that his silence is the surest sign of exhaustion, of ideas, of attempting to cover his backside, and most significantly, of being unable to admit he made a full blown mistake. In future I hope he learns the lesson that some are meant to deal with figures and some aren't.

I stated we'll get 170 million and 200 million due to been promoted to the premier league

Please tell me where that statement is incorrect

I stated we'll get 170 million and 200 million due to been promoted to the premier league

Please tell me where that statement is incorrect

Look at what you said originally.

How much will we get this season?

It’s “being” btw.

Back
Top Bottom