Ground extentions/Renovations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I applaud your ambitions but you do realise who you're preaching to don't you ?

Our fans love, cramped and outdated. They wouldn't pay increased prices if a Champions League spot was guaranteed and a Champions League win the season after that was guaranteed as well.

Mucky, cramped, outdated and cheap is what they like, and one boardroom after another has realised it, and given exactly what the majority want.

What bullshit. For many of our fans its about what they can afford. I sit on the kop and find it a dismal experience. I am oin the fortunate position of being ablee if I chose but the friends I have STs with aren’t. Its not a question of liking the squalor, for many its about necessity.
I think the kop needs completely levelling and rebuilding
It looks like a cowshed built on a slag heap

Which is what it is. My ST is on it because the people I go with can’t afford to sit elsewhere so I have no choice if I want to be with my friends, which I do. It is squalid and needs levelling and rebuilding from scratch. It is not a PL quality stand.

!

Think your figures are way out Grizzly.
Extensions are much much cheaper then clearing a site, laying foundations and starting afresh.
My guess is the figures are more like,

OPTON A: Bolt-on design
Pay 30 million for an impressive Kop that addresses 90% of supporter issues, gives 3,200 extra seats and ensures capacity is hardly affected so all season ticket holders can continue to watch all home games.
The present bolt-on design costs 30 million and gives 3,200 extra seats = £9,375 per seat.

OPTION B: Totally new stand
Pay 200 million, estimate it’s 150 million for the stand, then almost another 50 million regards 2 years lost revenue and 2 years of stadium hire costs.
for an even better Kop than corrects 100% of supporter issues, more leg room and steeper rake (by definition) means a lower capacity.
A new stand would cost 200 million and give 2500 extra seats = £80,000 per seat.

You mention “accumulate in business” but this is high risk. There are loads of examples where this attitude has been a huge error. Darlington built a 25,000 capacity stadium and have now gone bust. In 1975 we built an impressive new South stand and quickly went down to the 4th division.

Also your suggestion is that Kop prices are increased to match the South stand prices, but I think it’s really really important to have a budget area, with adequate but more basic facilities that people with finance issues are more likely to afford.

Where are you getting your figures from please Sheff?

Know what you mean, but more seasons in the PL don't equate to £170m times 'X'. Players wages, agents fees etc. mean that very few (about 6) are ever firmly established at the top level.

If we keep delaying things, revenue wll be lost and construction costs will go up. Without going mad, I say 'let's fix the roof while the sun's shining' starting with the kop. A well-designed, well-planned structure, with all steelwork pre-fabricated shouldn't take more than 3-4 months. £5m tops.

:D :D :D

For me, the Lane would look fantastic with the following improvements:

Extra tier on South Stand, with new executive boxes at the back
Bolt on extension at top of kop
New small top tier for JSS

Nothing can be done to increase the capacity of JSS that would increase the height of the stand.
The JSS is the maximum height it can be because (as judged by SCC planning department) it overlooks housing, and if it was any higher it would block out too much day light.

Nothing can be done to increase the capacity of JSS that would increase the height of the stand.
The JSS is the maximum height it can be because (as judged by SCC planning department) it overlooks housing, and if it was any higher it would block out too much day light.

We’ll just have to buy up all the houses then; job done! Keep that butty shop on the corner though!

Damage has been done surely. As soon as the sun starts setting you're alright but you're not getting any sun in the day.sketch-1559482083682.png

Our fans love, cramped and outdated. They wouldn't pay increased prices if a Champions League spot was guaranteed and a Champions League win the season after that was guaranteed as well.

Mucky, cramped, outdated and cheap is what they like, and one boardroom after another has realised it, and given exactly what the majority want.
Nonsense. We are an inclusive club who don’t want any of our fanbase left behind by a steep increase in prices. We aren’t exclusive. We are the heart of the city, a largely working class, young city, with a large student population.
For those fans that have made more money than average I’m pleased for you and hope you're able to put more into the clubs coffers in other ways, but supporting and watching United should be for everyone, for ever.

Last edited:

Now I know you're taking the piss.

Champions League for fuck's sake.

So what you're saying is the only reason we're not in the Champions League is because we don't want to pay £100 more a season to sit on the Kop?

If only McCabe knew that you could get a Champions League ready squad for a million quid...

I'm not unambitious for my club, but to mention us in the same sentence as the Champions League is a bit like mentioning me in the same sentence as Mr Universe.

Could happen but I'd need to lose about 6 stone and go to the gym for 3 years straight.

for an even better Kop than corrects 100% of supporter issues, more leg room and steeper rake (by definition) means a lower capacity.

It only means a lower capacity if you maintain the roof at the current height, and if you’re talking a drastic change to the gradient. Even a very moderate change to the difference in row-to-row height would make a lot of difference to the view you can get from each seat. The roof is to be moderately raised on the current bolt-on plans at any rate – raising it a little more so you have a consistent rake up to include the extra seating makes sense to all, and should be feasible if we’re to just go with the bolt-on option.

I also think in the long run that would also help us replace the corner by John Street that would give more of a Westfield Corner view.

!

Think your figures are way out Grizzly.
Extensions are much much cheaper then clearing a site, laying foundations and starting afresh.
My guess is the figures are more like,

OPTON A: Bolt-on design
Pay 30 million for an impressive Kop that addresses 90% of supporter issues, gives 3,200 extra seats and ensures capacity is hardly affected so all season ticket holders can continue to watch all home games.
The present bolt-on design costs 30 million and gives 3,200 extra seats = £9,375 per seat.

OPTION B: Totally new stand
Pay 200 million, estimate it’s 150 million for the stand, then almost another 50 million regards 2 years lost revenue and 2 years of stadium hire costs.
A new stand would cost 200 million and give 2500 extra seats = £80,000 per seat.

You mention “accumulate in business” but this is high risk. There are loads of examples where this attitude has been a huge error. Darlington built a 25,000 capacity stadium and have now gone bust. In 1975 we built an impressive new South stand and quickly went down to the 4th division.

Also your suggestion is that Kop prices are increased to match the South stand prices, but I think it’s really really important to have a budget area, with adequate but more basic facilities that people with finance issues are more likely to afford.

And you say my figures are way out?

How the hell would one stand cost £200m? Yet other clubs can build whole stadiums for half that cost.
Even a bolt on design could be done several ways, £25m should get you more than just an extension onto the existing structure.
Rotherham Uniteds 12000 stadium cost £20m. Pride park £40m And they had to purchase the land too.
Liverpool’s huge new stand cost £115m but had to buy all the houses nearby and renovate all the ground surrounding it. (Despite this that stand earned them £20m this season alone!)
So you’re figures are fantasy, absolutely miles off.

And how do you know a new stand would only generate 2500 new seats?
This would be a business loan, and whether anyone agrees or not commercial revenues from hospitality and the like are worth significantly more than a bum on a seat. New stands can include numerous other business opportunities within a new structure that can’t be found sticking something on a mound of mud too.

But if we’re just going to add extra seats then fine...bolt on a new bit. Keep the poor facilities and the access issues. It’s backward thinking for me.

Damage has been done surely. As soon as the sun starts setting you're alright but you're not getting any sun in the day.View attachment 54665

I'm sure the question was asked at the time of building why JSS wasn't bigger, and I'm just quoting what i'm sure the answer was at the time. Although I will bow ro anyone's superior knowledge!!

I'm sure the question was asked at the time of building why JSS wasn't bigger, and I'm just quoting what i'm sure the answer was at the time. Although I will bow ro anyone's superior knowledge!!

Maybe there were more houses in the mid 90s, can't say I was paying attention at the time as I was a child, but now there are only houses as you're approaching Shoreham Street really, and the majority are after the end of the stand, the ones in the picture I posted are the only houses directly behind the JSS.

No its not risky were getting 200 million its much less risky than spending 20 million on player

Rather than rattle on about SUFC receiving £200 million, can you show where this figure actually comes from?

You do realise that this is a fabrication, it's an imagined figure to suit your argument. We do not, I repeat, do not receive £200 million in our first season back in the Premiership. So please reveal where your figure of £200 million is meant to come from.

Firstly, our priority is to strengthen the squad, just as it was last season when we achieved promotion, so it is this season when we begin life as a Premiership club. If you're telling me, or anyone else, that we should invest large chunks of money, that may no longer appear if we're relegated, on new stands, can you explain, in the plainest possible English, how we manage this on figures that are far less than you keep repeating?

Latest I’ve heard today regarding season tickets and away fans,

Work is being done to improve access to both tiers of the Bramall Lane stand, including concourse alterations and turnstile changes. Because of the health and safety rules regarding the emptying of a ground in a certain amount of time, we’re going to have to build a walkway in the BLLT which will lose approximately 90 seats, meaning we will be 100 short of the requirement. We have applied for special dispensation from the PL but don’t know the decision yet, but it’s likely we’ll be okay. That’s why season tickets have been taken off sale just in case we aren’t, and alternative areangements need to be put in place. Current sales are around 22k.

(S64 Blade GrayBlade tagged you because you asked me about it the other day)

Because of the health and safety rules regarding the emptying of a ground in a certain amount of time, we’re going to have to build a walkway in the BLLT which will lose approximately 90 seats, meaning we will be 100 short of the requirement.

Would love to know how a full Kop in its current form shapes up against those rules...

Latest I’ve heard today regarding season tickets and away fans,

Work is being done to improve access to both tiers of the Bramall Lane stand, including concourse alterations and turnstile changes. Because of the health and safety rules regarding the emptying of a ground in a certain amount of time, we’re going to have to build a walkway in the BLLT which will lose approximately 90 seats, meaning we will be 100 short of the requirement. We have applied for special dispensation from the PL but don’t know the decision yet, but it’s likely we’ll be okay. That’s why season tickets have been taken off sale just in case we aren’t, and alternative areangements need to be put in place. Current sales are around 22k.

(S64 Blade GrayBlade tagged you because you asked me about it the other day)
Also heard they are considering installing Desso at Shirecliffe

Rather than rattle on about SUFC receiving £200 million, can you show where this figure actually comes from?

You do realise that this is a fabrication, it's an imagined figure to suit your argument. We do not, I repeat, do not receive £200 million in our first season back in the Premiership. So please reveal where your figure of £200 million is meant to come from.

Firstly, our priority is to strengthen the squad, just as it was last season when we achieved promotion, so it is this season when we begin life as a Premiership club. If you're telling me, or anyone else, that we should invest large chunks of money, that may no longer appear if we're relegated, on new stands, can you explain, in the plainest possible English, how we manage this on figures that are far less than you keep repeating?

We are guaranteed to receive 190 million pound of extra revenue and that is a minimum if we get relegated
Obviously we don’t get that sent as a big Cheque as soon as we get promoted

Why do you think the play off final is the richest match in football u puddinggg

Would love to know how a full Kop in its current form shapes up against those rules...
I actually think it passes pretty easily. Two large staircases behind, the front exit and the red gate under the John street corner will be opened. 8 minutes is the limit I believe.

We are guaranteed to receive 190 million pound of extra revenue and that is a minimum if we get relegated
Obviously we don’t get that sent as a big Cheque as soon as we get promoted

Why do you think the play off final is the richest match in football u puddinggg

Silly sausage, you ought to do you homework before coming on here imagining you know something that other folks aren't aware of.

You've seen figures quoted, put two and two together, arrived at five, and pontificated as if you know something that's exclusive to yourself.

Stop reading headlines in The Sun, they mislead and misinform. In your case you're no wiser than when you first began to post on here.....and if you can't respond without using abusive terms then at least try to be informed and accurate.

Silly sausage, you ought to do you homework before coming on here imagining you know something that other folks aren't aware of.

You've seen figures quoted, put two and two together, arrived at five, and pontificated as if you know something that's exclusive to yourself.

Stop reading headlines in The Sun, they mislead and misinform. In your case you're no wiser than when you first began to post on here.....and if you can't respond without using abusive terms then at least try to be informed and accurate.

Do you live in a cave you moron

Do you live in a cave you moron

So, suddenly your figure of £190 mil drops to £170 mil? You do realise that the figure of £290 mil isn't what's received in season one? You get that, surely?

Your figures are jumping around like frogs, maybe you should explore the dynamics of how money is paid and how, exactly, those figures are made up of staggered payments.

So, suddenly your figure of £190 mil drops to £170 mil? You do realise that the figure of £290 mil isn't what's received in season one? You get that, surely?

Your figures are jumping around like frogs, maybe you should explore the dynamics of how money is paid and how, exactly, those figures are made up of staggered payments.
Where did i say we get it straight away we will likely get far more than 200 million anyway from extra revenue

Where did i say we get it straight away we will likely get far more than 200 million anyway from extra revenue

So let's get this right, now you're saying we'll get far in excess of £200 million?!?!! Yet you can't offer detailed information about exact amounts and from which source this additional income arrives from, can you? Stop making up figures and show where these figures originate from. Either do that or stop rattling the same empty cage.

So let's get this right, now you're saying we'll get far in excess of £200 million?!?!! Yet you can't offer detailed information about exact amounts and from which source this additional income arrives from, can you? Stop making up figures and show where these figures originate from. Either do that or stop rattling the same empty cage.

If you read the article it clearly tells you delloitee are one of the most trusted audit/accounting firms in the world

As of now we are guaranteed to get 190 million form extra tv money we will also get more money from extra revenue did we not sell out season tickets in a week ?

Every season we stay up we will make more hence at least 200 million

I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand and what your problem is it’s not rocket science pal it’s common knowledge :eek::eek:

If you read the article it clearly tells you delloitee are one of the most trusted audit/accounting firms in the world

As of now we are guaranteed to get 190 million form extra tv money we will also get more money from extra revenue did we not sell out season tickets in a week ?

Every season we stay up we will make more hence at least 200 million

I don’t understand what’s so hard to understand and what your problem is it’s not rocket science pal it’s common knowledge :eek::eek:

I'm happy for you to stay in your own deluded pool. You've not provided detailed figures, you've relied on newspaper headlines, and suddenly you seem to consider yourself far more informed than posters such as Sean Thornton .....with a bit of luck someone will appear soon to confirm just how wrong you are, but best of luck with your assumption that you know something that is at best unreliable and at worst simply untrue.

Back
Top Bottom