Ground extentions/Renovations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The “concourse” on the kop should be a bigger priority than any improvement anywhere. Some sort of cover anything will do, just some tarpaulin!
However we all know this and have done for years.

The Prince said in the United way interview the pillers would go if we stay up and wouldn't take long to do. Can anyone remember if the getting rid of the pillers plan included extra seats?

I've opted for the corner and got a season ticket in there alongside my young lad and although the seats are just classed as restricted view (the ones next to our 2 aren't, and if you lean forward you can clearly see the 'restricted' South Stand/Kop corner flag anyway) - I can honestly say I'm delighted with the seats view wise and the stand in general.

Has it's own toilet blocks just a few rows away - ideal for the young un, and it's own exit thus avoiding the John Street scrum after the game.

I'll admit it doesn't look too pleasing on the eye when you're sat in another stand, but when you are in it it's great! :)
View attachment 168186
What a picture!!
I used to stand in that corner when it was the old Kop, I think was much lower down though. BL looks beaut now!!
One of the few things I miss about England!

If someone offered me an instant flight to England, with a full English breakfast, see the parents, have a few pints with friends then come here... I'd take it!

I know what you mean about it not being pleasing on the eye from other stands, but I think it's more due to the fact that it's next to Kop than anything. A revamped Kop (or totally new of course) it could fit right in, or just be flattened with the Kop and a whole new stand!

If yesterday was a complete sell out as per the clubs tweet, then we've had even more capacity skimmed off. Now just over 31k.

We need to do something as this just seems set to keep creeping lower

We're ready for expansion really. Hospitality and mascot packages are sold out for the whole season. Side stands are sold out for every home game on sale. I expect the same with the other stands despite the terrible seats/facilities on some stands. I don't see the segregated seats ever opening up for sale.

The Prince said in the United way interview the pillers would go if we stay up and wouldn't take long to do. Can anyone remember if the getting rid of the pillers plan included extra seats?

It's just the removal of the pillars. In an online fans forum it was said it would be done at the cost of 15 million if we stayed up for another season under Wilder. Whether it would fit in as the first increment in a larger Kop expansion I don't know.

The pillars are there for a reason. You can’t remove the pillars without rebuilding whole the roof, and if your gonna rebuild the roof it would be pretty damned stupid to not build it to the size a proportion to accommodate the extra 3.5K seats. I’m getting a whiff of Saudi bull shit on this one…Soz

I usually go on the kop but opted for the laver stand yesterday or whatever it calls itself now, noticed the pukka pie corner stand or whatever its called now much more. Such an eyesore and pointless thing IMO adds a few hundred seats maybe but could have just put offices there or something like on the other end of John Street.
I look at that monstrosity and I think if Kevin McCabe was a stand in a football ground then that would be it.

The pillars are there for a reason. You can’t remove the pillars without rebuilding whole the roof, and if your gonna rebuild the roof it would be pretty damned stupid to not build it to the size a proportion to accommodate the extra 3.5K seats. I’m getting a whiff of Saudi bull shit on this one…Soz

I love the whole thing of having a old kop but it's time to move on now and demolish it, maybe even a double tier stand to replace it.

Yes it doesn't make sense to me either!

I love the whole thing of having a old kop but it's time to move on now and demolish it, maybe even a double tier stand to replace it.
I'd be happy if they just bought the design of the new Spurs kop. Save a few quid on design, and it looks ace and we have enough room to put it there.

I'd be happy if they just bought the design of the new Spurs kop. Save a few quid on design, and it looks ace and we have enough room to put it there.
The Spurs kop merges into the stands either side so wouldn't fit with the existing stadium and as it's part of a bowl there'd be nothing to hold the roof up, so even if you could buy the design you'd have to completely redesign it to make it work. Plus, there isn't enough room for something like that as long as McCabe owns some of the land behind the existing one.

Watching the Birmingham v Leeds highlights earlier, I noticed that they were removing the lower tier seats at St. Andrews and replacing them with safe standing barriers and seats. Mind you, they've just been bought by Tom Brady's lot, so they can probably afford it now.

Watching the Birmingham v Leeds highlights earlier, I noticed that they were removing the lower tier seats at St. Andrews and replacing them with safe standing barriers and seats. Mind you, they've just been bought by Tom Brady's lot, so they can probably afford it now.
They had no choice but to remove the seating and terracing so they could remove the dangerous stuff underneath

There’s no other planning permission in place for this other than with the existing plans for the extension backwards – it’s that cantilevered construction that would hold a new roof up safely and allow the pillars to be removed. If the plan would be to do this at speed and reacting quickly to, say, secured PL status, it’s unlikely an alternative plan could be put together and approved at pace.

Not to sure fans want to stand in an area open to our weather. McCabe holding onto part of the ground for respite is not helping and says alot about any affection he has to the city and club

Not to sure fans want to stand in an area open to our weather. McCabe holding onto part of the ground for respite is not helping and says alot about any affection he has to the city and club
Bettis has said those areas have zero impact on any of the plans already out there. So basically it's irrelevant.

From my view on the kop it looked like the first two rows of the whole BLUT were not used and not all were sold in the block nearest to John st. Plus we have far too many restricted view seats half the John st corner is a waste of time who is going to sit behind a brick wall for God sake knock the lot down and start again.
I sat in the south stand row Q for the Stuttgart game that is considerably higher up than the equivalent row on the kop which just shows how shallow the rake is on the kop. Move the kop 5 yards back so we can have a pitch that meets UEFA standards and build with the same rake as the south stand so the corners can be filled in with seats. That way we could probably increase capacity without needing to build the kop much higher than it is at present meaning no natural light issues for residents on Shoreham St which I think is a load of bollocks anyway, students only want somewhere to study or get their heads down I doubt the view out of the window would concern them. At the least that strip of land on John st needs to be prised away from McCabe's sweaty palms fo this to happen.

SS-Ext.jpg

images

Lane-Dev.jpg

Ideally, the whole of the 'current' kop could be given over to safe standing, with the extended bit used for seating. As the extension has a steeper rake, that shouldn't be a problem, with a bit of tweaking.

Just out of interest what's the maximum we think the lane can be expanded to? I presume John Street would be a no-go due to the proximity to the houses behind?

Just out of interest what's the maximum we think the lane can be expanded to? I presume John Street would be a no-go due to the proximity to the houses behind?
44,000 was mooted initially when we got planning permission the first time around for those images above. When that planning permission was coming to it's end and we renewed it around 2015, that figure dropped to around 42,000

Could always buy them and build over the road, in theory. But of course it’d be very expensive and complicated.

Realistically, I think the max we could get away with would be 43/45k. But that’s a long way off. Needs to be done incrementally. Take it up to around 35k next and see where we are then.

Back
Top Bottom