Ground extentions/Renovations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember a night match at Blackpool (Bob Hatton played in that one). I was a steward on the HQ coach and told everyone away end was covered so leave waterproofs ont coach. When we got inside thy had sold the roof to a scrap dealer just a few posts left. We all got feckin soaked and I wasn’t very popular ont way home.

Reminds me of a certain game at Stamford Bridge, when a mate darn sarf said we could go to the game on the Shed end.

Being a northerner I assumed that a statutory requirement of a Shed was a roof...

Though I also assumed we could not be relegated that day.

I have never been so wet, or depressed.

Any updates on the work being done on the ground?

Because I'm missing the place I had a drive past the ground yesterday and there was loads of construction material taking over half the South Stand car park plus numerous construction vehicles in the parking behind the Kop.

My initial thoughts were optimistic and excited by seeing this but later it struck me that it could have been stuff that was needed for the Rod Stewart concert the previous night.

I went to the car park late Saturday evening to find out where the new media room was being built. I was told that after the concert the workmen will be doing work to make a media room in the Platinum Suite next to the players entrance. I think the Platinum Suite will be there but it will be at least half the size it was before this week.

I think the Platinum Suite will be there but it will be at least half the size it was before this week.

Makes sense, and would allow us to freshen up the space with an appropriate new name, like the Nickel Suite – which might appeal to the American investors waiting in the wings.

Makes sense, and would allow us to freshen up the space with an appropriate new name, like the Nickel Suite – which might appeal to the American investors waiting in the wings.

Build a proper legends of the Lane museum in the boundary corner development, one that you can visit more often not just pre match and extend the Platinum Suite back into that. Although that would mean the tours would have to take in the scenery of the carpark to get to the dressing rooms.

Just say it's so you can look at the statues or summat.

I went to the car park late Saturday evening to find out where the new media room was being built. I was told that after the concert the workmen will be doing work to make a media room in the Platinum Suite next to the players entrance. I think the Platinum Suite will be there but it will be at least half the size it was before this week.

The missing half of the Platinum Suite is being transported to Scarborough to be used as an extension to Chez McCabe.

YHIHF

Ahh yes, the imaginary 'American Investors'

Great news on the new media room though.

No, they’re taking a couple of yards off of it

They’re not building that far into the platinum suite
I wasn't sure how much of the Platinum Suite is going to be the new Media room but I did say "
I think the Platinum Suite will be there but it will be at least half the size it was before this week"

have they finished the Gary Lineker media centre yet
thats the one with all the ads back grounds that the bbc show , the channel that doesnt allow ads

Ah....Gary and his Walkers crisps adverts.....he’s a little tinker😉

1_Liverpool-Training-and-Press-Conference.jpg

we pay a tv licence fee so bbc dont have to show ads, like when gary interviewed Klopp

not trying to be political just find it a bit hypocritical

View attachment 55463

we pay a tv licence fee so bbc dont have to show ads, like when gary interviewed Klopp

not trying to be political just find it a bit hypocritical

We'd have to pay more for the BBC to paint out every brand name that exists in everyday life, or to find an art department that can rebrand everything in a TV show to made up products.

Sorry Mr Klopp, can you just stand in front of this Microsony PlayBox 12 advert instead and wear this Abibaz tracksuit. And put these national health glasses on while you're at it.

Anyway, they may aswell have bloody adverts the amount of trailers for their own shite they bombard you with.

I usually go on the kop but opted for the laver stand yesterday or whatever it calls itself now, noticed the pukka pie corner stand or whatever its called now much more. Such a eyesore and pointless thing IMO adds a few hundred seats maybe but could have just put offices there or something like on the other end of John Street.

I usually go on the kop but opted for the laver stand yesterday or whatever it calls itself now, noticed the pukka pie corner stand or whatever its called now much more. Such a eyesore and pointless thing IMO adds a few hundred seats maybe but could have just put offices there or something like on the other end of John Street.

It's an ugly stand and it would have been better to redevelop the KOP incorporating new corner stands either side of it.

That corner stand looks wedged in because it is wedged in badly.

If yesterday was a complete sell out as per the clubs tweet, then we've had even more capacity skimmed off. Now just over 31k.

We need to do something as this just seems set to keep creeping lower

I've opted for the corner and got a season ticket in there alongside my young lad and although the seats are just classed as restricted view (the ones next to our 2 aren't, and if you lean forward you can clearly see the 'restricted' South Stand/Kop corner flag anyway) - I can honestly say I'm delighted with the seats view wise and the stand in general.

Has it's own toilet blocks just a few rows away - ideal for the young un, and it's own exit thus avoiding the John Street scrum after the game.

I'll admit it doesn't look too pleasing on the eye when you're sat in another stand, but when you are in it it's great! :)
20230812_145755.jpg

Back
Top Bottom