Match Thread Grimsby Town v. Sheffield United - Pre-season Friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I didn't go to a single away game last season but my Brother in law still goes to loads and he has been saying for the last two seasons that there has developed a hardcore of about 50-100 absolutely twats who attend every away game with the sole intention of creating agro.

I think the issue is that this is growing. The police and the club aren't responsible. I think the decent fans need to sort it out. It's embarrassing and utterly out of order. These sub-human scumbags are an absolute disgrace. Problem is they just get away with it. I've heard nothing about the troublemakers last season getting any punishment. They all need a lifetime ban. May be harsh but we need extreme measures before this becomes another national embarrassment for the club. We've had so many.

No. But that's not what you said anyway is it?
It's not? Well... Since it's a struggle to infer, creating excuses for violence/hooliganism at sporting events is WRONG. Maybe we shouldn't be so accepting that this is a supposedly compulsory factor?

I think the issue is that this is growing. The police and the club aren't responsible. I think the decent fans need to sort it out. It's embarrassing and utterly out of order. These sub-human scumbags are an absolute disgrace. Problem is they just get away with it. I've heard nothing about the troublemakers last season getting any punishment. They all need a lifetime ban. May be harsh but we need extreme measures before this becomes another national embarrassment for the club. We've had so many.

Vote Donald Trump . Ban the Mexican Wave . Sorted .

UTB

It doesn't, sometimes I have cider.
It's normally beer , and Bacardi chasers for me , ciders ok , bulmers and a shit load of ice .
Then it's puke ya ring up , then ya can drink more ,
Fall asleep , or talk absolute bollox for hours on end , till somebody says Darren shut the fuck up will ya .
Ya Langer :)

Sorry pal but I don't understand your point. People were saying "they'll not turn up at Millwall", but the Millwall fans on here were saying that they did.
We are turning up at London Bridge late August good night

It's normally beer , and Bacardi chasers for me , ciders ok , bulmers and a shit load of ice .
Then it's puke ya ring up , then ya can drink more ,
Fall asleep , or talk absolute bollox for hours on end , till somebody says Darren shut the fuck up will ya .
Ya Langer :)

Guinness is my default. I find that it lines the stomach for the stronger stuff later on. Having said that, I've been shit at drinking lately.

Guess I'll have to keep practising :)

For someone that lives down south and can't be arsed to read down the thread could someone kindly please give me a review on the following:-

1. General performance and style of play?

2. How did the defence do overall?

3. How did the new players do and did any stand out?

4. How did Calvert-Lewin do overall (looked like he played a key part in the first two goals)?

Guinness is my default. I find that it lines the stomach for the stronger stuff later on. Having said that, I've been shit at drinking lately.

Guess I'll have to keep practising :)
Guinness , over here , not the shit masquerading in England is indeed the nector of the gods .
But I tend to stick on the one brew when I'm out , in proper pubs , but in town lager up
Hence our lass is away and I'm getting pissed most nights on absolutley anything ,
German and American beer tonight , no not bud or millers shite .
Thought Beamish ( the cheaper bastard variety ) was your tiple :)
Oh and practice does make perfect .

For someone that lives down south and can't be arsed to read down the thread could someone kindly please give me a review on the following:-

4. How did Calvert-Lewin do overall (looked like he played a key part in the first two goals)?

1. A more aggressive approach than usual, looked strong on the counter and moved the ball forward more quickly.

2. Not bad on the whole, got caught cold a couple of times. Long needs to start commanding his area better, there were a couple of defensive mix-ups that could've been avoided by Long claiming the ball.

3. Mark Duffy for me although I was impressed by Scougall when he came on. Pounced on the loose balls and was very hard for them to deal with.

4. Did very well, looked more composed on the ball. I hope we can keep hold of him, his talent is becoming more refined every time.

It's really quite simple.

United knobheads vs. Opposition knobheads = Go for it but please make it a decent distance away from the rest of us.

United knobheads targeting innocent opposition fans = wrong.

United knobheads causing distress or damage to members of the public = wrong.

United knobheads acting like arseholes towards United fans who don't want to be knobheads = wrong.

I don't get why people here are defending their actions in any way, shape or form. Whether it's pre-season at Grimsby, a big day at Wembley, a home game with Wednesday or an away game within an hour, there is NO EXCUSE for acting like a knobhead. People should not have to weigh up the risk, it's a bloody football match. Human decency dictates that not acting like an arse is the right thing to do. Every time we go to Oakwell these days, we have to put up with a diversion past the Metrodome that takes many of us almost half an hour out of our way. Every time we go anywhere nearby or against another team with any kind of mild 'hooligan' element of their own, we're herded this way and that way and told to go to the train station whether we need to or not. Why should innocent, right-minded fans, parents included, not feel safe at a football match because some dickhead can't handle his beer or doesn't like the result?

My little girl is a mad United fan already, she's four years old and is begging me to let her go to an away game. Why should I, an innocent, law-abiding citizen, feel like I can't take her to the match? Stop defending the useless f****rs and get a grip.

As an aside, United really need to do more before this escalates into a major issue for the club. I used to say "99% of our fans, like other teams, are right-minded people there for the football," but I feel like it is more like 95% nowadays. I would not be averse to the club insisting that in order to buy tickets we have to agree to a photo being taken that can be kept on file to assist the police with catching these brain-dead morons.

I've calmed down now.

1. First half excellent mixed it up and moved the ball with pace (2nd half disrupted with multiple subs)

2. Not tested much but did what was asked

3. Fleck looked a very good player,

4. Easily his best performance that I've seen.

Guinness , over here , not the shit masquerading in England is indeed the nector of the gods .
But I tend to stick on the one brew when I'm out , in proper pubs , but in town lager up
Hence our lass is away and I'm getting pissed most nights on absolutley anything ,
German and American beer tonight , no not bud or millers shite .
Thought Beamish ( the cheaper bastard variety ) was your tiple :)
Oh and practice does make perfect .

Ah Beamish is truly delicious. Can't understand why it's not more popular, I certainly like it better than Murphys or Caffreys.

Guinness is obviously wonderful, but my favourite type is the Foreign Extra version. Knocks your socks off. The new Dublin Porter is also well worth a try.

It's not? Well... Since it's a struggle to infer, creating excuses for violence/hooliganism at sporting events is WRONG. Maybe we shouldn't be so accepting that this is a supposedly compulsory factor?

As I said, show me a post that backs up your original assertion rather than going around the houses now saying something different.

United knobheads vs. Opposition knobheads = Go for it but please make it a decent distance away from the rest of us.

United knobheads acting like arseholes towards United fans who don't want to be knobheads = wrong.

I don't get why people here are defending their actions in any way, shape or form. Whether it's pre-season at Grimsby, a big day at Wembley, a home game with Wednesday or an away game within an hour, there is NO EXCUSE for acting like a knobhead. People should not have to weigh up the risk, it's a bloody football match. Human decency dictates that not acting like an arse is the right thing to do. Every time we go to Oakwell these days, we have to put up with a diversion past the Metrodome that takes many of us almost half an hour out of our way. Every time we go anywhere nearby or against another team with any kind of mild 'hooligan' element of their own, we're herded this way and that way and told to go to the train station whether we need to or not. Why should innocent, right-minded fans, parents included, not feel safe at a football match because some dickhead can't handle his beer or doesn't like the result?

My little girl is a mad United fan already, she's four years old and is begging me to let her go to an away game. Why should I, an innocent, law-abiding citizen, feel like I can't take her to the match? Stop defending the useless f****rs and get a grip.

As an aside, United really need to do more before this escalates into a major issue for the club. I used to say "99% of our fans, like other teams, are right-minded people there for the football," but I feel like it is more like 95% nowadays. I would not be averse to the club insisting that in order to buy tickets we have to agree to a photo being taken that can be kept on file to assist the police with catching these brain-dead morons.

Spot on. I don;t go away anymore because there's as much chance of it being a crap day as a fun one. Same with England. I'm embarrassed to go abroad given our 'fans'. There was already too much to be embarrassed about being a Blade before these scumbag pond life reared their collective brain cell again.

Why does watching football always have to involve drinking lots of beer?

Why does posting on an internet forum provoke some people to violence..? ( obviously, not themselves, as they're incapable..but their proxies...on their behalf?)

Ah Beamish is truly delicious. Can't understand why it's not more popular, I certainly like it better than Murphys or Caffreys.

Guinness is obviously wonderful, but my favourite type is the Foreign Extra version. Knocks your socks off. The new Dublin Porter is also well worth a try.
Murphys and Caffreys is fucking gank , agree TD , the foreign stuff is stronger , but is more a niche , ie no one drinks the fucker drink ,

1. A more aggressive approach than usual, looked strong on the counter and moved the ball forward more quickly.

2. Not bad on the whole, got caught cold a couple of times. Long needs to start commanding his area better, there were a couple of defensive mix-ups that could've been avoided by Long claiming the ball.

3. Mark Duffy for me although I was impressed by Scougall when he came on. Pounced on the loose balls and was very hard for them to deal with.

4. Did very well, looked more composed on the ball. I hope we can keep hold of him, his talent is becoming more refined every time.

I've calmed down now.

1. First half excellent mixed it up and moved the ball with pace (2nd half disrupted with multiple subs)

2. Not tested much but did what was asked

3. Fleck looked a very good player,

4. Easily his best performance that I've seen.

Thank you both. Pleasing to hear.

I'm looking forward to the open training session at the lane. I'm in Sheffield that weekend so will be nice to see a bit of the prep and get back down to the ground to soak it up.

No one is defending their actions. No one. It's simply been stated that its sadly a fact of life watching the Blades at many away games these days. It's shit but it's happening. Read the thread properly. If you had you'll see ive already mentioned the club are selling tickets to these cunts and should come into the away ends and see what they get up to. Liaise with police forces who film it and identify them and ban them.

Why does posting on an internet forum provoke some people to violence..? ( obviously, not themselves, as they're incapable..but their proxies...on their behalf?)

I had to laugh ......

Sad times when you come on a message board to see how the team and certain players perform, and all you get is this. I think the fact that some are saying by taking your family to football you are accepting the risk of getting attacked by not just fans, but your own. People not only have a responsibility to how they act on the streets, but also by what they type on here.

Back
Top Bottom