Goodbye, Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who in their right mind, would buy him? But don't worry lads, his contract expires in 2 years... unless we offer him an extension

Not blaming him for his contract…..blaming him for not fulfilling his part of the contract…that’s to be a professional footballer 🙈
This gets forgotten so often! He signed an agreement to be a professional footballer, and he's been anything but, on and off the field.

I used to think he was probably good for the dressing room, with his cap on sideways throwing gang signs to the training cameras, screaming like a 10yr old at the promotion party etc. Not sure now.

He showed passion and tried to put his foot in. He majorly fucked up, but that’s that. No need to beat the lad up any further.

Ps who the fuck is going to sign him anyway?
No one would sign him , not even on a free , no one would match his wages so unfortunately for us we are stuck with him till the end of his ridiculously long contract.
The worst £30m we have ever spent - I literally cannot stand the sight of him - nothing personal against the lad - it just reminds me of the club's waste of money on an unproven striker when it was clear that a replacement for JoC was way more crucial or even a midfielder.

I sincerely hope Rhian Brewster doesn’t read some of the comments on this forum. Yes, he made a poor error of judgement today, and even he would concede his United career has been bitterly disappointing so far.

But he’s a young lad and seems popular amongst the club. I do believe he cares, too, despite being on the periphery of the squad for long periods.

He may earn a fortune, but you get what you negotiate, and he was a highly sought after young striker with seemingly the world at his feet. On Liverpool’s books and playing for England U21s. I don’t think anyone could have imagined how quickly he’d fall from grace when signing for us.

Mentally, it must have taken a toll on the lad, the misfortune of his longterm injuries and trying to battle back to full fitness. He’ll be gutted over what happened today and it will hurt him more than it hurts us.

If anything sinister happened to Rhian, I wonder how we’d feel? It’s not always about the money - he just wants to do well and achieve what he thinks he’s capable of.

He needs a break desperately, and although we’re all frustrated after today, I think he needs our support too. Life must be pretty shitty for him right now, and many of us have felt low at some point.
Are you his Dad ?

The unfortunate reality is that the lad has been a highly paid passenger since we picked him up. We can't have that, we just can't.

£70k per week - wow, fancy being made a millionaire roughly every 4 months and doing bugger all to earn it.

I was one of the ‘let’s give the lad a chance’ brigade but unfortunately he doesn’t seem to have the sense to make the most of his ‘talent’.
I don't think it's about him not having the sense to make it, he's just injury prone and wank

Utter idiot. I am done defending him.

I put a lot of his time here down to bad luck with injuries but going in like that when there was no need for a challenge like that shows how useless he is.
Thank goodness no one else in a Sheffield zUnited teamteam has ever put in a bad challenge which they've been sent off for! 🤔

Thank goodness no one else in a Sheffield zUnited teamteam has ever put in a bad challenge which they've been sent off for! 🤔
Context, context. Supporters have been incredibly, well, supportive, of him so how does he show his appreciation? Maybe put in a 100% shift, work his bollocks off and show us what we’ve been missing? Nah, lunge in like a Sunday pub side clogger and get sent off and so miss another 3 games - utter, utter twat. As I’ve said elsewhere, he’s not worth a light and nobody is going to buy him so a spell on loan in L2 might just teach him a lesson in being humble.

That tackle was embarrassing today, don’t like seeing any footballer regardless if they play for us dive in like that. No need for it when their player had no where to go. 30 million in transfer and wages is crazy. Sadly we won’t loan him out as no one will pay for his wages and his injury record. I’d much rather BBD long term, already makes us much stronger going forward whereas Brewster hasn’t done anything since joining us apart from putting Khadra through at Swansea and a goal at Blackburn.

Haha, like i say, i know its not a popular opinion. In the rare occasions I have seen him between his absences i do believe he has shown glimpses of ability and effort.

Don’t get me wrong for £23 i think hes been a huge disappointment but i do think he has some value as a squad player.
23 quid..about ✅️ right.

No need, I’m guessing he‘ll be a free agent soon.

Terrible tackle, still think there’s a player in there once he gets back into the groove. Loan him to Coventry for rest of season as a makeweight for O’Hare.
This assumption that we can use him to sweeten a deal is nonsense I’m afraid. His value is negative to us, why would Coventry want to take on a % of Brewster’s wages on this season for him to clog up their treatment room and not contribute when he’s on the pitch?

Just a shame we’ve got him for another year. By this time next year people might have accepted that he’ll never ‘come good’.

This assumption that we can use him to sweeten a deal is nonsense I’m afraid. His value is negative to us, why would Coventry want to take on a % of Brewster’s wages on this season for him to clog up their treatment room and not contribute when he’s on the pitch?

Just a shame we’ve got him for another year. By this time next year people might have accepted that he’ll never ‘come good’.
Surely this is his 4th / last season?

Have Swansea got anyone decent we can get where we could use him as some kind of leverage?

Probably the only club in the top two divisons where he's thought of as not a complete waste of space.

Not here to bash him, don't see any point. Some OTT responses here, and then some.

This incident in isolation, is obviously a sending off.

Posts above have covered what he didn’t do which is basics with tracking back. Not sure how reliable a google search is on his wages but apparently on £35,000 per week for Premiership and £27,000 a week in the Championship. Contract up end of next season so presuming we will be in the championship then his wage bill between now and then would be circa £2.3million. I don’t mean this respectfully as i don’t think he hasn’t offered us anything but I would happily accept £2.5-3million just to overload him from the wage bill tomorrow!
https://m.aiscore.com/salary/player-rhian-brewster-edq09i8wrofmqxg

Posts above have covered what he didn’t do which is basics with tracking back. Not sure how reliable a google search is on his wages but apparently on £35,000 per week for Premiership and £27,000 a week in the Championship. Contract up end of next season so presuming we will be in the championship then his wage bill between now and then would be circa £2.3million. I don’t mean this respectfully as i don’t think he hasn’t offered us anything but I would happily accept £2.5-3million just to overload him from the wage bill tomorrow!
https://m.aiscore.com/salary/player-rhian-brewster-edq09i8wrofmqxg
There’s no chance of anyone laying that. We should offer him for free to offload the wages.

Back
Top Bottom