Going with what weve got

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Regadless of the drop in division, a team that has lost 36 of it's last 49 league games, scoring 29 goals and conceding 77 needs some refreshing.

29 goals scored in 49 games. That's 0.59 goals a game.
Didn’t this team also win 3 of its last 6 prem games, after being given some slightly altered instructions by a different manager?
And just to be clear, Norwich went down the previous season with less points and have just walked the Championship.
We are absolutely NOT as bad as some of our fan base are making us out to be, and I think it’s unfair on the players to say they are.

Didn’t this team also win 3 of its last 6 prem games, after being given some slightly altered instructions by a different manager?
And just to be clear, Norwich went down the previous season with less points and have just walked the Championship.
We are absolutely NOT as bad as some of our fan base are making us out to be, and I think it’s unfair on the players to say they are.
We'll see in August. But to expect a teamto be as miserable as United were for that long to suddenly turn back into a positive, winning side with no real additions is wishful thinking.

We've been the legitimate better team 2 or 3 times in the last 50 games.

We'll see in August. But to expect a teamto be as miserable as United were for that long to suddenly turn back into a positive, winning side with no real additions is wishful thinking.

I do think we need some additions, but we’re being made out to be a team that’s gonna be scrapping for points, when we won 3/6 games at the end of the season… purely because we had a slightly change of approach, with slightly more attacking threat.

We have a squad full of players that have done it in the championship, and in some cases multiple times.

So you say the current squad is better than mid table but we need 3/4 additions for top six so the current squad is just above mid table is what you mean.
And yes, we know the Gulf between the premier league and championship is a big one, as our "just above mid table" championship side showed last season
they never had a chance last season with a manager that played negative tactics every game and when hecky came in and tweaked things as wilder should have done we held our own so i will take it further and say our current squad will be top 6 and 3 or 4 good quality additions and we will be top 2 so many negative posters on here 😠

I do think we need some additions, but we’re being made out to be a team that’s gonna be scrapping for points, when we won 3/6 games at the end of the season… purely because we had a slightly change of approach, with slightly more attacking threat.

We have a squad full of players that have done it in the championship, and in some cases multiple times.
A squad who's better players have played almost every minute for 3 or 4 years. 46 game seasons really test your players. Based on our last time in this league who do you think is going to be better. Because I'd say Bash, JOC (obviously), Stevens, Norwood, Fleck (too many injuries), Didzy, Sharp are likely to be worse or at least available a lot less due to age/injury.

That's an awful lot of slack to be picked up

There’s plenty of time and the merry go round hasn’t started yet, we do need a fresh face or 2 as we have a new manager and he will have come with the promise of some transfer activity personally I think Berge will leave but that opens up a place needed for a signing permanent or loan we’ve also let Lundy go and Kean so we are a bit short.

As far as this window is concerned, nobody has jumped in the car yet, let alone got going with any speed. Still open to the end of August which is 6 weeks away. What we start with may not be what we end the month with.

Some of the fucking bedwetting in this thread is pathetic. How do you go about daily life if all you do is panic?
I know you aren't referring to me as I'm happy with what we've got....however i will point out those bedwetting comments were constantly thrown at those worried about our plight last season.The only criticism in hindsight should have been bedwetting wasn't strong enough...bedshitting would have been more appropriate!!

This theory would carry more weight if the manager and back room were the same but I don’t think it will feel familiar or similar.
I think adding the caveat of seeing in August loads the table towards the negative as we have new styles, new ideas and potentially incomings and outgoing to manage but I think it’ll be more positive than the team Hecky inherited.
Rammers, Stevens/RND, JackyLT/RND, Egan, Bash, Baldock, Berge, Fleck/Dids, Norwood, Brewster, McBurnie is strong enough to pick up a win on opening day.

This theory would carry more weight if the manager and back room were the same but I don’t think it will feel familiar or similar.
I think adding the caveat of seeing in August loads the table towards the negative as we have new styles, new ideas and potentially incomings and outgoing to manage but I think it’ll be more positive than the team Hecky inherited.
Rammers, Stevens/RND, JackyLT/RND, Egan, Bash, Baldock, Berge, Fleck/Dids, Norwood, Brewster, McBurnie is strong enough to pick up a win on opening day.
I'm not saying we are doomed. I am saying that the core of the squad struggled physically and mentally for the last 50 games and to expect players like Stevens, Norwood, Fleck, Sharp, Didzy, Bash etc to hit good enough levels for a 46 game is definitely a big gamble.

We don't need to be great in August, we'll have the best idea by January.

The transfer window is open until August 31.
Might do but season kicks off 7th August so thats 3 weeks more to sign and fit additions in ... need new blood from START of the season!

Might do but season kicks off 7th August so thats 3 weeks more to sign and fit additions in ... need new blood from START of the season!
Why do we? What makes it so important for us to make our signings before the team looks in an actual competitive setting?

But we do have the most important addition, a manager with a winning mentality

You could put a £20m wonder kid and a £20m champions league player into the team at the end of the Wilder era and they wouldn’t help (oh yeah, we did)

But bring in a new manager with different methods offering a clean slate and that is the biggest reset/refresh button needed

That aside we won’t see movement until it happens at the top
Once the premier league teams start buying they will sell/loan out the lads were likely to be shopping for

That’s not really started yet

But if we keep a spine of Rammers, Egan, Bash, Berge, McB & Brewster I think we will be ok

Norwich got spanked more than us and went back up as champions without splashing the cash, why can’t we??

You could put a £20m wonder kid and a £20m champions league player into the team at the end of the Wilder era and they wouldn’t help (oh yeah, we did)

But bring in a new manager with different methods offering a clean slate and that is the biggest reset/refresh button needed

Once the premier league teams start buying they will sell/loan out the lads were likely to be shopping for

But if we keep a spine of Rammers, Egan, Bash, Berge, McB & Brewster I think we will be ok

Norwich got spanked more than us and went back up as champions without splashing the cash, why can’t we??
Not as sure as you on the lads up top. I need to see it, especially from Brewster. He's not even shown half a season of competence yet.

Hope they all prove me wrong

"We go with what we've got" = mid table mediocrity for me................we need a spark, some pace, some flair, some game changers
We have all of those at this level, if they perform as they did two years ago.

"We go with what we've got"

Those 6 words still haunt me.

Yes
Especially when 5 words would do, pick any of these

"We can't be fucking arsed"

"We think we're good enough"

"No need to improve further"

It’s also highly likely that SJ will use the youngsters more, not just Jebbison but one or two others too. His record suggests he will be much more adventurous in that respect than we have been used to.

Why do we? What makes it so important for us to make our signings before the team looks in an actual competitive setting?
Haven't got the numbers and I don't rate a lot of yesterdays heroes

Actually having 11 players on the pitch trying to play made a notable difference instead of 10 + 1 thats now at Rangers.

We need a centre-back and a creative midfielder at the minimum. Top players at this level. Quality over quantity.

It’s asking a hell of a lot of Jokanović to get us back up if we “go with what we’ve got”.

theres absolutely no way we will be going with what weve got i expect at least 4 players in before the end of august

Haven't got the numbers and I don't rate a lot of yesterdays heroes
You have a short memory in what those “yesterday’s heroes” are capable of. Also, you are right in that we don’t have the numbers to go all season with no signings - But why does that mean we NEED THEM ALL NOW OR WE’RE GOING DOWN OH NO!?
Actually having 11 players on the pitch trying to play made a notable difference instead of 10 + 1 thats now at Rangers.
That’s true. Which is something I don’t think SJ will be putting up with.

Exactly although we’ve got even less depth now jags gone and Bryan not signed a new deal we’ve literally only got the starting 3.
think ben davies will be one that we bring in and probably 1 more centre back we should be ok if we bring 2 in and still think we might alternate between 3 at the back and a 4 there depending on the situation or the team were playing slav will be far more flexible than chris was

think ben davies will be one that we bring in and probably 1 more centre back we should be ok if we bring 2 in and still think we might alternate between 3 at the back and a 4 there depending on the situation or the team were playing slav will be far more flexible than chris was
I think we’ll switch as well. I’d be comfortable with two and then either lopatta or Gordon as the 6th option.

No ins or outs yet and we start 2 weeks on Saturday. Who'd be happy to go with what we have plus a couple of loans?

A midfield picked from Berge, Fleck, Norwood, Osbourn, Bogle and Slater would be more than decent in the championship.

A back line from Rammers, Egan, Basham, Baldock, Robinson, Stevens and RND would be as good as any.

We know we don't need any forwards so apart from a.couple of.loans to add strength in depth I wouldn't be too unhappy to see us go with what we have.

Although the Prince might be given it seems to be accepted wisdom you have to sell 40m of.talent when u go down
Clapper - that midfield creates no chances + that backline gets stuffed by big attackers at every set piece

Back
Top Bottom