Going with what weve got

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yeah you know we will be playing in a different league this season right

Championship not premiership
I don't doubt the opposition will be lower quality but are you so confident that ALL our usual squad from last season can be dug out of their losing mentality so easily , especially if they have no real competition for their places ?

IMO,most of the first team squad have question marks against their names,points to prove and reputations to restore,for various reasons.Nobody can say for sure what kind of response we will see from them in the coming months,factor in a new manager bounce and it should be positive,but it can't be just assumed that because we are in a lower class,they are all going to be back into the same form they last showed in that division,too many ifs and buts for a lot of them.

I don't doubt the opposition will be lower quality but are you so confident that ALL our usual squad from last season can be dug out of their losing mentality so easily , especially if they have no real competition for their places ?
definetly need competition and in any case slav wont pussyfoot around like wilder did picking players week in week out that wernt doing it im hopeful slav will get a good response from them and im sure at least 3 to 4 new faces will be with us by the end of august

Clearly a man with the courage of his convictions. I actually agree about where the improvement would come, I just think the squad is capable of starting the season and picking up regular points until they arrive.
Now then Farty Bob , I have been ruminating upon our frank exchange + I do believe I can agree with you.
There is enough in our squad as it stands to start the season , bearing in mind the window doesn't close till 30 August.
Of course if any significant players get sold , they will have to be replaced. And I would expect a replacement for eg Aaron to be a permanent signing.
But we already know our intention is to use the loan market. And I don't see us completing any loan signings before the PL teams get their squads sorted , which won't be till almost deadline day.
So we GWWWG till the end of August.
And try to find some real first-team quality CBs & MFs during August.
So that once September arrives , we will definitely NOT be GWWWG.
There , that's a load off my mind !

Now then Farty Bob , I have been ruminating upon our frank exchange + I do believe I can agree with you.
There is enough in our squad as it stands to start the season , bearing in mind the window doesn't close till 30 August.
Of course if any significant players get sold , they will have to be replaced. And I would expect a replacement for eg Aaron to be a permanent signing.
But we already know our intention is to use the loan market. And I don't see us completing any loan signings before the PL teams get their squads sorted , which won't be till almost deadline day.
So we GWWWG till the end of August.
And try to find some real first-team quality CBs & MFs during August.
So that once September arrives , we will definitely NOT be GWWWG.
There , that's a load off my mind !
Good, great to see some progress.....
tell-me-more-about-your-mother.jpg

IMO,most of the first team squad have question marks against their names,points to prove and reputations to restore,for various reasons.Nobody can say for sure what kind of response we will see from them in the coming months,factor in a new manager bounce and it should be positive,but it can't be just assumed that because we are in a lower class,they are all going to be back into the same form they last showed in that division,too many ifs and buts for a lot of them.

exactly. This game of “name me 6 better squads than ours” is the wrong way of looking at it IMHO. The more important question is whether a team that scored the second lowest number of goals in league history and lost 29 of 38 games, many of whom were awful and/or coming off injuries, can raise its game in what is a 46 game slog.

exactly. This game of “name me 6 better squads than ours” is the wrong way of looking at it IMHO. The more important question is whether a team that scored the second lowest number of goals in league history and lost 29 of 38 games, many of whom were awful and/or coming off injuries, can raise its game in what is a 46 game slog.
at a far lower level 🤔

Well, that’s the argument against. But we don’t know yet if these players can come out of the slump.
One thing which might help is having a leader on the pitch - can anyone imagine LunnyCunt or Moose getting paid to toss it off , if we had Vinnie or Billy Tightshirt in the squad ? I know those golden days were different but the likelihood is that the latter duo with Bradders would have taken them round the back of Josephine's + that's the last you would have seen of them.
So who are the leaders on the pitch ?
You might say the modern Billy or Egan but really they are far too much the gentlemen to get a response out of lazy twats.
And Norwood's too busy being lazy himself whilst shouting instructions at teammates.
But someone's gotta step up + lead this sorry squad into a promotion battle.

Well, that’s the argument against. But we don’t know yet if these players can come out of the slump.
We don’t but maybe Slav has some idea. I’m starting to get a bit concerned though. No outs to raise any funds. Uncertainty over what the financial implications of relegation really are - do we need to sell to buy? Do we need to sell to break even? Still time to do deals but it’s starting to feel a bit like the Adkins season, where he was expected to take us up with only minimal additions to a fairly imbalanced squad, or even the Weir season when we lose a key play close to the deadline. It’s making me a little nervous.

yeah see your point but it will be easier to come out of the slump when your not playing against top class internationals week in week out and having a manager whos not afraid to mix things up and change systems from time to time

Are we in the same division and have the same coaching staff as last season?

Back
Top Bottom