Getting behind the new manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Macfarlane21

Reaction score
We are all upset and probably a bit bitter about the whole situation at the moment, after all Wilder=God. However, I'm concerned that our fans are going to be highly critical of whoever comes in because they aren't Wilder / don't deliver perfection. We've seen the impact that being over critical of individuals can have this season with Ramsdale because certain fans couldn't get over the fact that he isn't Henderson.

When Wilder took over and got us out of L1 he said (I'm paraphrasing) "the fans hated the players and the players hated the fans". Lets learn from him and how a toxic atmosphere effects the players, management and us in the stands.

Going forward remember and cherish theses amazing years under Wilder. Support the squad. Support Hekingbottom for the rest of the season. Support the new manager (whoever that may be) and be realistic with expectations next season.

UTB! Thank you Wilder! ⚔20210314_075113.jpg

I'm a time served clapper but this twat can do one for me.

His cowardly cheating team showed his metal of their management team, last season.
Wasn't it one of their players who rose like Lazarus, to confront Chris who called out his diving?

Betis and the Prince can do one too.

There’s nothing we can do to change what’s gone off but the players have also played their part in the success over the last 5 years and they deserve our respect as much as Wilder.

It has been a shit season but players like Basham, Egan, JOC, Fleck, Sharp etc have been superb servants to the club and they deserve to have the fans behind them. It’s not their fault what’s gone off behind the scenes. Yes they may have underperformed at points this season but if people can forgive Wilder for this season then I’m pretty sure we can get behind the players too.

Unless I see this group of players start to jack it in, I will support them.

I have no issue with a new manager. Just the fact we had an amazing manager and now will have to pick from mediocrity.

Mee are probably lucky we have no fans at the ground today. It wouldn’t be the current coaches fault but the toxicity thrown at the club would be brutal

Shame that wilder has gone but good luck to heckingbottom, hope he makes a success of it and gets the job full time.

He did a cracking job at Barnsley and wasn't given the time against Leeds but he seems to have got the under 23s playing some good stuff this season.

Hopefully he will give a few of the under 23s a chance in the remaining games this season rather than persist with lundstram, if he can win say 3 of the remaining 10 games whilst blooding a few of the younger players, maybe also showing that we can have a plan b then he deserves a crack in the championship.

I'll get behind the new manager if he's as good as Chris Wilder. How's that?

If he's not I'm not interested, he can leave
No I won’t be.
I will love the club once the Prince has sold up which he will do soon enough. If we don’t go up in 2 years he will be selling.

2 incredible posts. Love to see it.

I’ve sat watching some really shit teams at the Lane managed by shit managers with corrupt people in charge of the club for years. I’m was still there supporting the club. I’m as unhappy about this as others but there’s no way I’m stopping supporting the team over this and do you know what, guess who would want the fans to still get behind the team and new managers possibly more than most? Chris Wilder.
Some of this is getting pathetic, listen to yourselves.

Going to be much easier to get a seat next season without all these plastic fans.
That's not fair.
I get what you are saying, and if they were leaving because we were purely getting relegated I would completely agree with you, but this is different.
People are hurt and some feel cheated or betrayed. Emotions are through the roof right now and while I couldn't ever really stop caring about the club? I 100% understand the disappointment and OTT statements some fans are coming out with.

But, maybe I'm just a plastic too.

That's not fair.
I get what you are saying, and if they were leaving because we were purely getting relegated I would completely agree with you, but this is different.
People are hurt and some feel cheated or betrayed. Emotions are through the roof right now and while I couldn't ever really stop caring about the club? I 100% understand the disappointment and OTT statements some fans are coming out with.

But, maybe I'm just a plastic too.

I suspect that a lot of what's coming out at the moment is just driven by emotions and alcohol, but this is no more of a letdown than any one of a number of letdowns over the last few decades. I understand fans are hurting and are upset. But if it genuinely leads them to not supporting the team, whether in person or from a distance, then that's ridiculous.

No I won’t be.
I will love the club once the Prince has sold up which he will do soon enough. If we don’t go up in 2 years he will be selling.
So you no longer love the club because Wilder has decided to resign? The club is more important than one person. Many on this forum, and elsewhere, have loved and supported the club when they have have had worse chairman than the Prince.
The fact that you will not support a new manager ( I.e. give him a chance) is a reflection of your short sightedness and blinkered loyalties.

Now is the time to get behind the team and the new manager. It doesnt mean you support the way the board is running the club by doing this.

Well Chris didn't win in his first 4 games.
We aren't getting another CW. We've not had one in 130 years.
The new bloke deserves time and respect to turn us round, and fair critisim if he deserves it. That's it.

We’ve parted company with a manager.

We haven’t:
Relocated from Bramall Lane
Changed from Red to Green
Appointed Neil Lennon
Sold half the club to some dodgy consortium
Stopped paying the players wages
Imitated we are going to start charging people 56 pounds per game
Sold half the squad

We have to get behind the new manager or we is in the shit, the past era sadly is over we cannot bring it back but, it doesn't diminish our memories. Today starts a new dawn in the annuls of Sheffield United for the club's sake I hope we've got it right.

As long as you give him a season before you make up your mind or have you already ?

I’m concerned about what managers are in the pool for the job - pretty underwhelmed- but then I wait to see and be hopefully pleasantly surprised. I must admit to not being that excited when Wilder first was announced - just a lower league manager albeit successful and a Blade but his interview in his suit that day didn’t inspire me....and look how that turned out. I am gutted Chris has left but we have to look forward.
Already concerned that a few candidates maybe put off trying to fill the place of Wilder and his known connection to the club and fans - tough act to follow. (Not in the same league but similar to manager who went in after Fergie at Man Utd)

I’m concerned about what managers are in the pool for the job - pretty underwhelmed- but then I wait to see and be hopefully pleasantly surprised. I must admit to not being that excited when Wilder first was announced - just a lower league manager albeit successful and a Blade but his interview in his suit that day didn’t inspire me....and look how that turned out. I am gutted Chris has left but we have to look forward.
Already concerned that a few candidates maybe put off trying to fill the place of Wilder and his known connection to the club and fans - tough act to follow. (Not in the same league but similar to manager who went in after Fergie at Man Utd)
And we should give the mew manager the opportunity to succeed and build a connection

We have to get behind the new manager or we is in the shit, the past era sadly is over we cannot bring it back but, it doesn't diminish our memories. Today starts a new dawn in the annuls of Sheffield United for the club's sake I hope we've got it right.
Plus today and the next 10 games are with an interim , stop gap management.
Time for the dust to settle and thinking time to make the right long term choices.

There's nowt plastic about folk currently hurting about the fact that one of their own, and our greatest ever, having left under far from ideal circumstances. It signifies the end of what will likely be the most idyllic, magical chapter in our club's history - because the nature of what was achieved, and with whom.

Back
Top Bottom