Outgoing? George Baldock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Baldock has his faults but he's a quality defender, fast, and can beat a man. A bit of improvement on his final ball, which has been getting better, and I don't see why he can't establish himself as a capable PL level wingback.

£1.5m wouldn't buy one of his legs.

We'd be looking at £5m easy to replace him to a similar standard.

It would cost £8m to replace to the same level

He’s our first choice right back. That alone should mean we don’t think about selling

We don't really want to sell and Baldock by all accounts has already told Celtic to jog on.

Start at £20m, that's the average price for a good championship player, oh, hang on, we're premier league aren't we!, £30m

Never mind about to...they paid 15m for some Southampton full back who has hardly played. Baldock is first choice for a premiership club, hes quick, gets forward well and can play. Hes worth 10m minimum and hes not for sale as we are building not selling.

Scottish clubs can not afford decent premiership players who aren't at the end of their contracts...end of

Why would he go Jockland FFS
Stoke Pity very interested according to local rag

Can't believe the pelters Baldock gets. I think he was one of our better players last season, rarely lets you down defensively, great engine which is required... I think he'd be fine in the Prem.

The players mentioned to replace him .... we've had a league 1 player mentioned and a champ/league 1 player. Are we serious?!

We sell for 3/4m (some are saying that's too much), who exactly are we going to replace him with for that kind of money that will improve the right side. Absolutely nobody.

Regarding the player who will least likely make the step up, Basham leads this race by a country mile.
Apparently, being the fittest player at the club Basham leads most races by a country mile.

How is this even a story.

Don't those publishing this stop for a minute and think - why the hell would Sheffield United, newly promoted with 100m+ coming in, sell their first choice wing back for 1.5m? 3m? Or anywhere near that?

It's ridiculous. Whether he has a year to run or not. Even if he has a year to run, it's probably with the option of one more.

If Baldock was to sign for Stoke City, i think he would officially need to be sectioned.

He is going nowhere, and i would expect to hear about a contract extension being signed in the non too distant future.

How is this even a story.

Don't those publishing this stop for a minute and think - why the hell would Sheffield United, newly promoted with 100m+ coming in, sell their first choice wing back for 1.5m? 3m? Or anywhere near that?

It's ridiculous. Whether he has a year to run or not. Even if he has a year to run, it's probably with the option of one more.
Just came on here to post the same. Really hard to understand how this is even a rumour unless United have trent whatshisname lined up as a replacement. And as someone else has stated, the plan would probably be to sell the 2nd choice player in this position and get another right back in to fight for the 1st place spot

Apparently Sam Byram is being sold for £750k tonight. On twitter it was confirmed by Dan Taylor the guardian journo that it’s not to forest.

Would have thought wilder would have been all over that one for that price?

Wonder who he’s gone too as would be a decent right back to add to the squad.

Apparently Sam Byram is being sold for £750k tonight. On twitter it was confirmed by Dan Taylor the guardian journo that it’s not to forest.

Would have thought wilder would have been all over that one for that price?

Wonder who he’s gone too as would be a decent right back to add to the squad.

Unless someone's leaving at RWB, signing Byram would mean we have three RWB's so not sure we need to sign a RWB unless Freeman's going. Can't see Baldock going anywhere.

Unless someone's leaving at RWB, signing Byram would mean we have three RWB's so not sure we need to sign a RWB unless Freeman's going. Can't see Baldock going anywhere.

I know - and you’d imagine he’s be on £25k a week plus.

But that said both freeman and baldock are injury prone - so we’d be without at least one of them for a decent stretch.

At £750k it just seems ludicrously cheap in today’s climate. Would imo be worth taking a punt on him at that price

For an initial £750k that is a bargain.
So that's a minimum of £2m including yr 1 wages and signing on costs for a position in which we already have 2 established players?

I'm glad you don't do my bargain hunting for me.

Byram looked pedestrian last season I thought. Could be a good signing for that price and it's relatively risk free, but still not quite the dynamism we need.

Back
Top Bottom