CONFIRMED George Baldock joins from MK Dons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Baldock has 3 goals last season, Freeman had 10!! I know whod be my first choice rb come the starting pistol!

Wilder aimed for 2 in each position last season. I'd be surprised if he wasn't going for the same again.

Has Brayford had it? Time will tell.

Freeman Vs. Baldock...place your bets!

Baldock has 3 goals last season, Freeman had 10!! I know whod be my first choice rb come the starting pistol!

Baldock scored NO goals in the season thats just finished,Freeman scored 11.

Freeman would be my first choice too.

Baldock gets more yellow cards,nearly twice as many as Freenman.

Freeman will be first choice, unless his form dips, Wilder will stick with the current side and change things and introduce new players when required, as he did this season, one of the things he's excellent at and why he gets the best out of the team.

Baldock, will get his chance be he will have to take it to remain in the team.

In my view Brayford will either go or be used as centre back cover.

Now we just need a decent centre back.

yep, and 1 should be a centre half. Get a decent centre half signed and I will start to get very excited :):):)

UTB

If it's just one it needs to be the big dominant leader type. A sort of Championship version of Shawcross, Verthonghen, Mertesacker. But not Huth. Everyone knows I hate Huth...

Wilder is very clever,he's mopping up the cream of younger lower lge players,who are starry eyed at the prospect of coming to bdtbl,he knows they will be determined to give 200 per cent to get in the first team,and can mould them to his way of thinking.
They all seem to have left their respective clubs on a high,player of the year etc.
Might be a bit harder next year, after we've been promoted to prem,don't think this ruse will work....but knowing CW,he'll have sometime up his sleeve!

A very astute signing. Keeps young Freeman on his toes and (if rumours are to be believed) being Samir's best mate will likely help to ease any alledged homesickness. Oh, and he's a decent player as well. Don't tell the Pigs though, league 1 doesn't count and Morgan Fox only featured in their 1st team because he is freakishly talented :rolleyes:

:D

Makes you wonder....when Wilder mentioned him particularly in his after match interview if that was a little nudge to say "we have been watching you young man"
His comments could have been a clue that even then we were looking at bidding for him, and also the player feel that he needed to give his all every week as he was being watched.

Like Stevens, I reckon he will have come here to play, and won't be happy being second choice having been a regular for several seasons previously. So it's going to be hard work keeping all these good players happy.

If he makes chances, as easily as that, for Sharp, Evans etc. then he'll have a very bright future at the Lane.

It also has to be said, MK's forward line looks utter gash from those clips.

That explains why they got relegated from the championship.

Nice little video which highlights his pace running with the ball, and ability to make up ground to get back into the tackle.
Also highlights some poor final balls and decisions. But that will improve as he matures hopefully. We certainly haven't bought the finished article, and he may be a player we look to improve as he learns to play in the championship alongside better players. Hopefully then he will make the most of the raw ability he has.

Dunno about poor final balls and decisions. TBF, he made the spaces to make the crosses and the forwards should be busting a gut to get on the end of them and have the quality to finish. To me, at least, it looked like they weren't in position early enough or good enough to capitalise on said crosses.

Main impression is that he's got a very good engine, he's rapid he overlaps well. Looks like he makes a decent tackle too, which you'd hope for with a right back! He also seems a decent lad from the interviews too. I like Freeman too but we do need competition in every position and let the best man win!

Makes you wonder....when Wilder mentioned him particularly in his after match interview if that was a little nudge to say "we have been watching you young man"

I thought exactly the same.

That goal at the end is exactly like the one he scored at Swindon!

He dribbles the ball like a quality winger, at speed and under close control. Undoubtedly what makes him stand out most.

A very astute signing. Keeps young Freeman on his toes and (if rumours are to be believed) being Samir's best mate will likely help to ease any alledged homesickness. Oh, and he's a decent player as well. Don't tell the Pigs though, league 1 doesn't count and Morgan Fox only featured in their 1st team because he is freakishly talented :rolleyes:

:D

Young Freeman on his toe's at 25 ...........he's a year older than Baldock ;)

Mid June and 4 deals done already. Bravo United, keep the pressure on and things are shaping up well.

There's a pattern with all these 4 signings.

They are all at the right age, with huge potential and something to prove. In fact I put Samir Carruthers in the same category too. The problem is POTENTIAL is that it's a risk, some will fulfil their potential and some will waste their talent and fall by the way side.

So if I'm feeling positive then ALL 4 could be great signings and playing in our 1st team next season
But if I'm feeling negative then they might not make the step up and forever be excellent lower division players but can't handle the Championship.

Really looking forward to next season, there's no doubting the talent, let's see how they develop under Wilder and Knills guidance.

Another factor is belief. Clearly Wilder inspires players to buy into the "project",(a word increasingly used when discussing signings and the reasons therefore). All these guys are of a similar age,have a decent amount of experience in big boys football and are the best or amongst the very best at their respective clubs. Wilder will look to build on their desire to succeed in football and as our strapline so emotively proclaims,Forge them in Steel.
I seriously am looking forward already to this season as much as I looked forward as a kid to Mums steak and kidney pie with gravy you could stand a spoon up in on Sundays.

Back
Top Bottom