CONFIRMED George Baldock joins from MK Dons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now that is a player that I would have liked here for years.
He fits the "Bladey, Bladey" bill too. His dad played for us. I wonder what ever happened to him?;)
released by the plastics!

someone needs to explain to me why a player ridiculously highly rated by Burton the fans and staff who defensively almost single handedly kept them up playing centre back isn't good enough for us! his wages might be biggish but lower wages and a transfer fee on an unproven centre back versus a championship player of the month contender last month is a no brainer folks! but, and its a big but, does he want to come back???

Because a lot of fans have got their blade specs on and think the side that has just won promotion will be challenging top half, top six even. We have the best midfield, the best right back etc, dispite hardly any of the squad who have played Championship football before having particularly good records in it.

Now that is a player that I would have liked here for years.
He fits the "Bladey, Bladey" bill too. His dad played for us. I wonder what ever happened to him?;)
his dad was one of roy hodgsons coaching staff for england before hodgson resigned last i heard not sure what he's doing now

New do not want Bradford back, he is not a centre back, he is no better than Freeman and cannot see the point if keeping a guy on an expensive contract to at best sit on the bench.
We should get rid for whatever we can get, but just offloading hopefully frees up all of his excessive contract.

Yet he was voted Burton's player of the year, playing CB.

Clough knows nothing about football, :------- playing Brayford at centre back proves that!

Clough knows nothing about football, :------- playing Brayford at centre back proves that!

Talksport Radio are always raving on about how Nigel Clough must be one of the BEST managers in the league. They even said he probably deserves the manager of the season award in the Championship And a few experts in the studio have complained that he deserves a top job.

The thing with Clough is that he's great at setting up a team making them solid and hard to beat.
So he's ideal being a manager of the likes of a Burton or Fleetwood where there's no expectation and they can revel in the role of underdog. It was no surprise we did well in the cups with Clough because we could just sit back, soak up the pressure and counter attack.

When we initially has Clough I was impressed, we were organised and played decent passing football But it was all too predictable, slow and so cautious with little goal action.
I really got fed up of watching non event first halfs where it was 0-0 every home match.

To be fair to Clough, Brayford started as a centre back. Also, as we know all to well, Brayford has had 2 serious injuries in recent seasons and my guess is that Clough feels Brayford is more suited to been a centre back, as opposed to a marauding right back. He has just got their player of the season so he can't have done badly at centre back.

Excellent business again, if true. Twenty four with over a hundred appearances for MK Dons. Also in the final year of his contract so unlikely to be costing the earth. He has scope for improvement, and could go up the leagues with us or be sold for a good fee. Also puts the club in a comfortable negotiating position with Freeman and Brayford (I expect the latter to move on).

Done deal.

Really pleased with that.

Didn't really notice how good he is defensively but
Attack wise he's very quick and has a bit of skill, good dribbler with a good cross.

Playing the attacking defender wing back role he looked ideal
Be interesting to see how he copes at Championship level.

Interesting fact - he's the younger brother of Sam Baldock of Brighton and Hove Albion

I know a couple of people on here said something but this one came very much out of the blue, there was nothing on social media or by Journos, looks a decent signing.

So what is he - a right back and how tall is he ? Did he play in their championship side ?

Back
Top Bottom