CONFIRMED George Baldock joins from MK Dons

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Is Freeman going to sign an extended contract?
At the moment he, billy, coutts and bash have only extended by a year, if they do not sign extensions, it us in our interest to sell them before they run their contracts down and we get nothing.

Decent signing but another who doesn't look like he will immediately strengthen the first 11. It's alright deepening the squad but we've signed 4 players so far, none of whom will be in the first 11 come 3pm on the first Saturday.

Looking forward to the 'championship investment ' materialising !
Technically we haven't signed anyone yet as the window isn't open.

This early business gives the impression we're taking our time but it's the opposite. We've snapped up the cover we needed so we now know how much we can spend on the important signings, the ones that are always going to take longer. We have to convince a couple of really decent players that we're going places and they'd be better off joining us than Forest, Derby, Leeds etc.

That's going to take cash and hard work, and time.

Decent signing, be interesting to know what the fee actually was. Still only 24 so plenty of time for CW to work his magic.

Talksport Radio are always raving on about how Nigel Clough must be one of the BEST managers in the league. They even said he probably deserves the manager of the season award in the Championship And a few experts in the studio have complained that he deserves a top job.

The thing with Clough is that he's great at setting up a team making them solid and hard to beat.
So he's ideal being a manager of the likes of a Burton or Fleetwood where there's no expectation and they can revel in the role of underdog. It was no surprise we did well in the cups with Clough because we could just sit back, soak up the pressure and counter attack.

When we initially has Clough I was impressed, we were organised and played decent passing football But it was all too predictable, slow and so cautious with little goal action.
I really got fed up of watching non event first halfs where it was 0-0 every home match.

Quite right. He's dour and likes a draw. But he's a very long way from the useless article many like to imagine.

Painting him as the bad guy for trying to instill some professionalism into boy wonder De Juve is one particularly outstanding example.

Stevens probably will be, Evans might be.

But yes, we need a couple of 'big' signings soon - ones who'll unquestionably be first choice.
Stevens, Ched and Thomas for me- depending on the formation.
This does seem like cover/competition though. The MK dons fans say he was the best wingback in the league last season but the real one was already at the club.

Stevens, Ched and Thomas for me- depending on the formation.
This does seem like cover/competition though. The MK dons fans say he was the best wingback in the league last season but the real one was already at the club.

The important thing is they all have the potential to become first team regulars. Generally I think you should avoid signing players who have no chance of becoming regulars. If you're signing squad players, sign ones with potential, and versatility.

I'm with Pinchy here to be fair. Yes he bought a lot of players....but we needed a lot of them. Yes most of those players didn't perform for Adkins....but that's because Adkins was shite. And yes....he did underperform in the second season a little with the lack of attacking football while hanging in to sign players he wanted rather than looking at other targets.

If anything, that was his mistake. The lack of good plan b, c, d.

But one thing I will never slate him for is ditching Collins who wouldn't fuck off, hammering Diego for not trying enough, and grounding both Adams and Sparky for their own good and to get them to be better pros.
The other thing I will be forever grateful for was one win and one defeat in particular.....Villa away and Hull at Wembley. Fantastic

It was widely know when do dar ITKer came on here claiming it as ITK news.

There's only one ITKer an that's Tuffty.

You never claim to be ITK you are just good at gathering info quick and puttin it out three for lazy t**ts like me to see what's going on.

True, but no one saw the link to a Belgium player, so if it turns out he's on the money with that one then for me he's itk

Until then tho.......................:)

Interesting signing re position. As someone posted earlier what implications for Freeman? Does this mean we are looking to capitalise on his sale value with only one year left on his contract,or is Baldock here as Wilder ses a 4-4-2 as his preferred option. We all know Freeman is a poor right back.
Can't see this guy coming here to bench warm. Personally I liked the 3-5-2,but whatever system we employ as long as we continue to play expansive football I'm happy,and as per in Wilder we trust.

Interesting signing re position. As someone posted earlier what implications for Freeman? Does this mean we are looking to capitalise on his sale value with only one year left on his contract,or is Baldock here as Wilder ses a 4-4-2 as his preferred option. We all know Freeman is a poor right back.
Can't see this guy coming here to bench warm. Personally I liked the 3-5-2,but whatever system we employ as long as we continue to play expansive football I'm happy,and as per in Wilder we trust.
You've all seen more of freeman than I have, could he move into midfield to compliment a wide man, a bit like England did with walker to shoehorn him in.

George Baldocks not magic,
But he's got a magic glass,
And when Samir pisses in it,
George covers his ass,
Piss splashes to the left,
Piss splashes to the right,
Thank fuck Samir Carruthers didn't need a fucking shite!!!!

Ooooooooo, altogether now......

yep, think that's about right. We didn't have proper fullbacks last season for a 4 at the back - the first 5 games showed that.

Baldock and Stevens now give CW plenty of options.

We just need 1 or 2 centre backs and the squad is probably complete except for perhaps a few tweaks.

CW

Simply outstanding purchase. Only disappointment I've had of all the players available is us not signing is Elliott, as a swap for Hanson.

Technically we haven't signed anyone yet as the window isn't open.

This early business gives the impression we're taking our time but it's the opposite. We've snapped up the cover we needed so we now know how much we can spend on the important signings, the ones that are always going to take longer. We have to convince a couple of really decent players that we're going places and they'd be better off joining us than Forest, Derby, Leeds etc.

That's going to take cash and hard work, and time.

yep, and 1 should be a centre half. Get a decent centre half signed and I will start to get very excited :):):)

UTB

Talksport Radio are always raving on about how Nigel Clough must be one of the BEST managers in the league. They even said he probably deserves the manager of the season award in the Championship And a few experts in the studio have complained that he deserves a top job.

The thing with Clough is that he's great at setting up a team making them solid and hard to beat.
So he's ideal being a manager of the likes of a Burton or Fleetwood where there's no expectation and they can revel in the role of underdog. It was no surprise we did well in the cups with Clough because we could just sit back, soak up the pressure and counter attack.

When we initially has Clough I was impressed, we were organised and played decent passing football But it was all too predictable, slow and so cautious with little goal action.
I really got fed up of watching non event first halfs where it was 0-0 every home match.

Nigel were alreight but.......

....he bored the pants off mi.

So he's pacey but not black?

He's really quick and has a few tricks and dribbling skills on the wing.
MKD were poor when we played them down there but their number 2 (Baldock) was the player that stood out the most for them.

The only issue from reading the MK forum is that he's great going forward but not so reliable in defense.

So it looks like he's a great wing back but the jury is still out on how solid he is as a right back.

Could we have bought him as a winger with Freeman to play behind him and rotate with each other as required?

Option to both play down the right in 442 or fight for the RWB spot in 532

Back
Top Bottom