CONFIRMED Gary Madine signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What is your favourite Madine thread?

• Total voters

Not for me, the guys a prick. Could you imagine the Pigs faces if he did arrive and in the 90th minute at Hillsborough, Leon plays him through and he slots home the winner infront of their Kop.

How come we’ve enquired about him from Steve when he plays for Cardiff, Sitters?

Character enquiry I'd imagine.

Resorting to a player of such questionable character and history would make a mockery of our scouting network.

Close your eyes for a minute, relax and imagine the scene. Ten minutes to go at Hillsborough on March the 4th... they've 'parked the bus'.... Madine came on 5 minutes ago and endured dogs abuse from their Kop... Leon (also on as Sub) has a shot deflected that bounces straight into the path of Madine who taps in - 1 nil... imagine how they are going to feel, imagine also how (ahem) classy Madines celebration will be after a baracking off of them!

Character enquiry I'd imagine.

Resorting to a player of such questionable character and history would make a mockery of our limited scouting network.
I thought that myself Ricky but it doesn’t take much scouting or enquiring to know the bloke is a complete prick so that’s why I asked.

How come we’ve enquired about him from Steve when he plays for Cardiff, Sitters?
About his personality ,apparently away from his social life he is a very good trainer and team player ,there is no doubt he is a good player.
We have had a few flawed personalities down the years to be fair ,some are heroes.

About his personality ,apparently away from his social life he is a very good trainer and team player ,there is no doubt he is a good player.
We have had a few flawed personalities down the years to be fair ,some are heroes.
Contrary to what I said the other day, I think the initial source will be the same.,I didn’t realise where Steve Parkin was.

Cheers. He’s a proper cunt though and proved it with how he’s been with one or two of our players. I think there’s too much history for this signing to come off to be honest.

Worksop would we be paying for him in Euros or pounds Sterling ;)

I've always thought Madine was a bit, no, a lot of a c**t, however on the field he's caused us plenty of trouble over the years (of the football variety). Wilder does his checks on a player's character before signing them (seem to remember Leon Clarke and Cheddy apparently had a poor attitude according to some experts, well wide of the mark as it turned out), if he does sign Madine then on the question of character he's probably alright.

Close your eyes for a minute, relax and imagine the scene. Ten minutes to go at Hillsborough on March the 4th... they've 'parked the bus'.... Madine came on 5 minutes ago and endured dogs abuse from their Kop... Leon (also on as Sub) has a shot deflected that bounces straight into the path of Madine who taps in - 1 nil... imagine how they are going to feel, imagine also how (ahem) classy Madines celebration will be after a baracking off of them!

Cheering a goal from a player that contributed towards "that" season and misery, love it.

Character enquiry? Really?
Ask Sharp what he thinks of him, I'm sure he will give him rave reviews.

Reactions: SWB

This would be a huge gamble from Wilder possibly his biggest since taking over.

Signing a player who is universally despised by the entire fan base and seemingly hated by the current hero and club captain.

We tried this once before with Curran and it all went south quickly.

I would also add that Madine used to come and watch us on his own when he wasn't playing in the JSS ,he took any abuse very well and was always available to talk football with any age group. Beer is his major problem from what I can make out.

Not sure why people on here think Wilder wouldn’t sign him. Wilder likes him as a player, don’t think he really worried about our concerns when he signed Clarke and that worked.

I don’t think it will happen but the feel good factor is back at BDTBL so let’s not be immature and boo him if it does!!

Quite possible. I’m sure Wilder said we’d be waiting on one dependant if the club does business and Cardiff have just bid for a striker

For me it’s too risky for squad harmony but as a player, it’d be a yes from me.
Why risky for squad harmony?
These guys are professional footballers and will have hundreds of team-mates over the length of their careers.
Do you think they become bessie mates with them all?

Surely this is a diversion tactic whilst we nip in for our real target?

I would find it very difficult to cheer this man on, be like seeing Gary Megson in the dug out.

I’d never thought I’d say it but I’d rather have Ched Evans back.

Not sure why people on here think Wilder wouldn’t sign him. Wilder likes him as a player, don’t think he really worried about our concerns when he signed Clarke and that worked.

I don’t think it will happen but the feel good factor is back at BDTBL so let’s not be immature and boo him if it does!!
Anybody who abuses our captain doesn’t get my approval, sorry but it’s nothing to do with immaturity. Basically he’s a vile cunt and not very good at football either. He’s played well against us once or twice but that’s only because it was us, he’s shit usually, his record speaks for itself.

Jesus fucking Christ.

One random kid asked SkyBet for odds on Madine to us on Twitter, because he'd "heard summet".

One Blade sees it and retweets it, next thing he's definitely coming and the sky is falling down.

It's not going to happen.

Quite possible. I’m sure Wilder said we’d be waiting on one dependant if the club does business and Cardiff have just bid for a striker

It will be amazing what scoring a few goals to take us up the table and add a few points bonuses in players pockets can do for squad harmony ;)

Correct, but zahore not madine

As I’ve said on the other thread, I got told a few weeks ago Wilder would like to sign him. He knows how unhappy the fans would be though.

Jesus Christ...

Sorry to bear what will be unpopular news to some, but Zohore interest dead and Madine deal is all signed and sealed, pending a medical. Interest remains in Piazon plus one or two others, may have those names by tomorrow.

Last edited:

Never one to write off a signing but can't help but think this is far too risky of being hugely divisive - probably with limited game time as currently 5th in the strikers queue.

Back
Top Bottom