Movement.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we have little choice. How we did the Norwood deal so cheap I have no idea because in the current climate, even average players are fetching fees that are astronomical.

These loans, they'd probably be North of £7-8m each in the current climate. We just haven't got the tackle to fish that pond.

I fully agree with you. One problem we will face though, is come May when we’ve had a great season and just miss out on promotion the ensuing meltdown when we can’t sign any of the loan players. But the way the market is even the teams spending mental amounts of cash in this league are still reliant on loans..

This is sadly where we are at now in football

Apart from teams with parachute money any club paying those fees are risking FFP if they don't go up as pigs have found out.
We won't do that,Wilder said he wouldn't put clubs future in jeapody.Sure he would like more than he gets but not silly money

I think if you ask any manager, no matter what they have to work with, they'd always like to do one more deal.

Clubs with parachute payments are certainly in the box seat, but it doesn't always work out. But I do think that we have a new generation of club owners, and as wealthy as Mcabe is, the sort of wealth they can invest just blows him out of the water really.

I fully agree with you. One problem we will face though, is come May when we’ve had a great season and just miss out on promotion the ensuing meltdown when we can’t sign any of the loan players. But the way the market is even the teams spending mental amounts of cash in this league are still reliant on loans..

This is sadly where we are at now in football

I think, at least for me, we should accept that if we don't go up, we won't be signing these potential players. If we can't pay for them now, things are hardly going to be any different at seasons end. Also, it also depends on the progress of the court case between Kev and the Prince.

Whilst it would be good to see increased investment, when you have watched the Blades for as long as a lot of us have, you set your expectations accordingly. And lets face it, our exile in League 1 was money sapping. We still had to maintain an infrastructure on and off the pitch against the backdrop of the reduced money you get for being down there. So, teams who before we went into League 1 who you would consider our "equals" have moved on at pace, putting us very firmly behind the 8 ball when we did come back up.

Given all that, I think we've done remarkably well considering.

The tipped-completed one of the three is completed. Now to see if the interest in loaning the other two turns into actual deals.

Can I ask why? Not saying he would be a bad signing but I’ve never seen him do anything of note?

He's a Brazilian flair player. What more do you want?

You would think Piazon would be looking for a permanent transfer, he’s nearly 25 so you would think he’d be getting sick of being sent out on loan by Chelsea.

He's probably not sick of Chelsea wages though

I would have thought we were targeting Dowell or Piazon for that 10 role, not sure that both would fit into our system.

Why would leaving on a permanent transfer automatically mean a drop in wages?

Generally you're right, a permanent transfer doesn't mean a drop, it usually means am increase.

However Chelsea are well known for paying way above the odds for wages of the players they farm out on loan - I was told that Blackman earned twice what our highest earner got last season.

In short, Chelsea pay a lot in wages.

Generally you're right, a permanent transfer doesn't mean a drop, it usually means am increase.

However Chelsea are well known for paying way above the odds for wages of the players they farm out on loan - I was told that Blackman earned twice what our highest earner got last season.

In short, Chelsea pay a lot in wages.

I agree Chelsea pay fantastic wages, but they also aren’t a charity. They aren’t going to piss money away, so chances are his agent got his current deal based on what he could get at other clubs.

At 25 and only a handful of Chelsea appearances, you would think Piazon would be looking at his future being elsewhere and I would have thought a club in Europe would be able to get close, if not match his Chelsea wage.

So basically, I don’t see this signing coming off, but we’ll see.

I agree Chelsea pay fantastic wages, but they also aren’t a charity. They aren’t going to piss money away, so chances are his agent got his current deal based on what he could get at other clubs.

At 25 and only a handful of Chelsea appearances, you would think Piazon would be looking at his future being elsewhere and I would have thought a club in Europe would be able to get close, if not match his Chelsea wage.

So basically, I don’t see this signing coming off, but we’ll see.

They are a charity for some players though; for every Romelu Lukaku, there's a Marko Marin, a Papy Djilobodji and a Patrick Bamford.

They loan out 20 players a season, and barely any make it - they all expect Chelsea wages though.

They are a charity for some players though; for every Romelu Lukaku, there's a Marko Marin, a Papy Djilobodji and a Patrick Bamford.

They loan out 20 players a season, and barely any make it - they all expect Chelsea wages though.

But they still sell a fair amount of them for decent money, Bamford went for £5.5m and Djilobodji £8m (according to Wikipedia anyway), so Chelsea are doing well out of the loan system.

But they still sell a fair amount of them for decent money, Bamford went for £5.5m and Djilobodji £8m (according to Wikipedia anyway), so Chelsea are doing well out of the loan system.

I never said they weren't doing well, I said they pay well.

If you had a movement in the kop bogs at half time, you either need applauding or locking up! Even if I'm dying for a shit, I would try my damdest to save it it until after, rather than braving the shitters in the kop for a 'sit down'. And I've been to war and shat in some truly desperate places!

The amount of piss on the seat, your arse would be drier squatting in the River Don.

Sorry to bear what will be unpopular news to some, but Zohore interest dead and Madine deal is all signed and sealed, pending a medical. Interest remains in Piazon plus one or two others, may have those names by tomorrow.
Ffs!

Happy new bastard year. :)

Well Richard Cadette hasn't been wrong yet and I don't mind admitting that this has put a bit of a downer on things for me. I don't doubt Madine's ability on the field but I don't think I have ever disliked a footballer quite as much as him [and this is from someone who defended the Marlon King signing ffs o_O]

Okay, time for deep breaths...... Wilder must be sure that this won't upset the apple cart and if Madine has turned a corner, ideally having knocked the booze on the head and knuckles down then I will extend him the benefit of the doubt. If he fires us to promotion then it's a great piece of business, but my god this is going to take some getting used to. I can't imagine what kind or reception he is going to get at BDTBL!

I am actually hoping Cardiff pick up some serious last minute injuries to de-rail this signing, that's how badly it is sitting with me. :(

Really don’t get this. The bastard will miss chances on purpose for us

Sorry to bear what will be unpopular news to some, but Zohore interest dead and Madine deal is all signed and sealed, pending a medical. Interest remains in Piazon plus one or two others, may have those names by tomorrow.
Is the Piazon interest us and a few others ?

Although he's a nobend, former pig and has talked shite about the club and Bill in the past, if Wilder wants him then that's fair enough for me. Regarding him as a player, I think he would be useful for us, big physical presence and very strong In the air. The number of crosses we put in will suit him. Remember him bullying our defence at the lane. It'll certainly be a task for him to earn respect here from us supporters but no one should give him stick as soon as he steps out onto the pitch. Wilder wants him and believes he can do a job for us so let him get on with it.

Although he's a nobend, former pig and has talked shite about the club and Bill in the past, if Wilder wants him then that's fair enough for me. Regarding him as a player, I think he would be useful for us, big physical presence and very strong In the air. The number of crosses we put in will suit him. Remember him bullying our defence at the lane. It'll certainly be a task for him to earn respect here from us supporters but no one should give him stick as soon as he steps out onto the pitch. Wilder wants him and believes he can do a job for us so let him get on with it.
To be fair he must have a reyt pair of bollocks signing for us knowing how the fans feel about him.

He's not. He's just absolutely fucking tapped. He's a proper loony toon.
It’s that aspect of fucking squad morale up I’m concerned about. But suppose we can just fuck him off. Reckon him and Leon will be the first spat f there is one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom