Future humpings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The Bear

Reaction score
Right so the immediate expected thrashings are Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h), Spurs (h), Newcastle (a). So another 20 goals against?

We might get done over at Bomo (Bournemouth) or Everton so it is hard to see us getting anywhere near 20 points.

The one thing that does tend to happen though is that once mathematically, relegated teams often turn in better results, so when that happens we might see a late but ineffectual upturn.

I only see Burnley at home as our only winnable game left.

Maybe our target for this season is "try to finish above Burnley" and call it quits.

This seasons video highlights will be fun. Jeez

When going to these games now you don't think "I wonder if our opponents will get 5 or 6, you expect it, can't see us winning another game this season, get fired up for the Burnley match and hopefully a win to put a marker down for next year, but I can't see it

Right so the immediate expected thrashings are Liverpool (a), Chelsea (h), Spurs (h), Newcastle (a). So another 20 goals against?

We might get done over at Bomo (Bournemouth) or Everton so it is hard to see us getting anywhere near 20 points.

The one thing that does tend to happen though is that once mathematically, relegated teams often turn in better results, so when that happens we might see a late but ineffectual upturn.

Maybe our target for this season is "try to finish above Burnley" and call it quits.

Burnley will comfortably beat us.

I will stick my neck out now and say no team will get more than 3 against us for the rest of the season and think we will conced less than 20 goals from now until the end of the season, i think the stick the team have had off the media will focus them

I will stick my neck out now and say no team will get more than 3 against us for the rest of the season and think we will conced less than 20 goals from now until the end of the season, i think the stick the team have had off the media will focus them
Fuck me if they weren’t focused after the 8-0…

Iv read this through 4 times and still can't keep a straight face!

Arsenal beat us 5-0 at the Emirates ......and thrashed us at Bramall Lane 6-0.

Burnley beat us 5-0 at Turf Moor ......ah but Burnley are'nt Arsenal.

I think the most worrying thing moving forward is that we truly have no identity.

The first time under Chris Wilder we created a Sheff U identity, and that has kept going, Slav's appointment proved we were still under that spell and he could not implement his vision while we were still under the mould left by Wilder.

Then Hecky continued a similar phase to Wilder and kept a similar feel and understanding.

However this could be the only time in the foreseeable where we could look to change and mould a different route away from the wilder way, we have players leaving and younger players who we could mould in to a different style and way of playing.

I hate to say it but Burnley are very much doing this and teams like Brighton and Brentford have done it prior, create a style and recruit over time bounce up and down over a few seasons prem - champ and then once the pieces are all in place you can make a challenge to make sure the stay in the prem is a little bit longer lived, at the moment we are a million miles from this with no real identity and the last two transfer windows have hurt us rather than have any real purpose its all panic and yes i know money is a very big factor in this but still, i think if we could see it working toward something or a style or a type of play it would be something to get behind.

At the moment it just feels like everything is thrown together and with out any real thought or process behind it, maybe its time to move on from the Wilder way and find a new way under a new manager and let them mould into something different maybe something we can all get behind and enjoy even if we have a little bit of a prolonged stay in the Championship as a least it would be more Joyful than watching what we have this year.

Anyone wanting to improve Goal difference can easily knock at least 5 past us. Was comical last night in the last 15 minutes seeing Arsenal making all sorts of passing mistakes just because they couldn't be bothered anymore.

Im just bumping this as it was a game some were predicting a humping, trust me we will not get another

Think we'll beat Chelsea and get a result against Tottenham tbh

Just another bump, i still dont think well conced more than 3 in any game but for my not to concede 20 thats looking dodgy but a couple of clean sheets gets us on track

Back
Top Bottom