Match Thread Fulham v. Sheffield United - 20th December 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FULH
FULH
FULH

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1639926406258.png v. 1639926412577.png
Championship Week 22 - Monday 20th December 2021 - 19:45 - Craven Cottage

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/fulham-vs-sheffield-united.574/

Officials:

Referee:
James Linington
Assistant Referee: Ian Cooper
Assistant Referee: Lee Venamore
Fourth Official: John Busby

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

View attachment 125482

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-12-19 at 15.09.28.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Lost track of the times Fulham kicked the ball into touch. Our lads hassled and frustrated them. Our defence is unrecognisable from earlier this season. How often do we score early then see a game out? This was a tactical masterclass of how to play the league leaders away from home.
A performance full of Yorkshire grit.

I love a 1 0 away win

I'd settle for a draw and play a 5-3-2 with a flat midfield three of Norwood, Hourihane and Berge, with Didsy and Gibbs-White up top.

Didsy plays the link up man role well and MGW is the only player we have who creates chances for himself and runs at the players with the ball, so playing him up top might work and allow us to keep the midfield tight in front of the back three.

Other than that our best chance of scoring is set pieces, so we need Hourihane as Norwood's are still bloody awful.
This aged well 😂

Re Wes booking wish more refs would do it as early as this one - usually let them get away with it until 85 minute

He warned him before as well, so a stupid booking to take.

He did warn Foderingham but the delay which caused the booking was due to Fulham's players going mad about not being given a corner. Mitrovic was still going off at the linesman while Foderingham was waiting to take the goal kick. A stronger referee would have sorted that.

Gonna need Berge at some point for his ball retention. Ref has been excellent
If by "excellent" you mean slightly myopic then I'd agree. He didn't give us any freekicks for the marginal stuff which usually, infuriatingly, leads to fouls (cf Basham getting a push in the corner) but he was quick to penalise United's players for breathing on Fulham's. Maybe it looked different from somewhere other than row I in the Putney end but I didn't think it was a good refereeing performance at all.

Loved Ndiayes challenge on Ream? Contributing to his awkward landing, but yes, all over the pitch, switched on, up for it and Fulhams players didn't like it
The best bit about that was Billy Sharp tweaking Ream's man bun. Proper shithousing.

Remember the often quoted stopping the coach and CW getting
He did warn Foderingham but the delay which caused the booking was due to Fulham's players going mad about not being given a corner. Mitrovic was still going off at the linesman while Foderingham was waiting to take the goal kick. A stronger referee would have sorted that.

If by "excellent" you mean slightly myopic then I'd agree. He didn't give us any freekicks for the marginal stuff which usually, infuriatingly, leads to fouls (cf Basham getting a push in the corner) but he was quick to penalise United's players for breathing on Fulham's. Maybe it looked different from somewhere other than row I in the Putney end but I didn't think it was a good refereeing performance at all.

The best bit about that was Billy Sharp tweaking Ream's man bun. Proper shithousing.
The tv pictures only showed a hand, then cut away, didn't know it was Billy !

Back
Top Bottom