Free agents

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

any free agents we should be interested in

Billy Sharp and Chris Basham. Possibly JLT too.

any free agents we should be interested in

Some solid champ signings in there

I’d take Lawrence/Hector & Bowler @ Blackpool

Outside the obvious big names on that list the three lads at Derby Buchanan, Thompson and Watson are good young players and if they can be picked up to come in and supplement our own young fringe first teamers it could turn out to be very good business for nothing

Jay Emmanuel Thomas has left Aberdeen.

Could he be a useful squad filler until the season ends?

I'd like to see Scott Brown too, Broony in a Blades' shirt.
Born leader and winner, nothing to lose.

Some very decent players on that list that would strengthen us no doubt , unfortunately some are out of our price range I reckon .
Would like us to have a go for Bowler , Rothwell , Swift , Wallace , Lenihan , Dhanda , Powell to name but a few ! Obviously we won’t get all of them but reckon any of them offer upgrades . At one time would have said Conor Ripley but seems to have gone backwards instead of progressing as expected so maybe the perfect fit 😂
As ever UTB !

Some very decent players on that list that would strengthen us no doubt , unfortunately some are out of our price range I reckon .

What part of "free agent" don't you understand, and do you really think anyone here that would be realistically interested in playing for us is going to be demanding wages we couldn't afford?

So you don’t need to pay signing on fees / agents fees etc to them either ?? Wow never knew that ! Didn’t realise it meant they were completely free and people like Tom Lawrence on £30-£40,000 per week at the minute will now be in our wage bracket ! Also other good young or established players who no fee is required WILL demand higher wages due to the fact no fee is involved !
So yes I think some of them will command wages we can’t afford or won’t pay but I am so thankful that you have shown me the error of my ways ! As they say every days a school day and it’s just a good job there are so many big hitters and ITKers to put fools like me right !
And as for recruiting for next season why don’t you send the club a list of who will play for us so the club don’t need to waste time on players you know won’t ! Just saying like !!
As ever UTB !

A lot on the list have options from their respective clubs for another year as we also do with Billy Sharp and Chris Basham. Bowler and Bereton Diaz are two of those. Wallace from Millwall is out of contract I believe at the end of this season but I would guess he'd rather stay down south, Norwich maybe. There's some decent players there though, some are maybe not standouts but players who can do a job for one season and offer decent cover. The type Bassett, Warnock and Wilder would sign! I'm thinking maybe Gary Madine possibly if we sold loaned out McBurnie, although I'd rather keep McBurnie if he can continue with current form there's a player in there and we've invested a lot there, obviously.

Not sure what's gone wrong for Dhanda at Swansea as I thought he was a decent player but he doesn't get a look in these days and I think was linked with the likes of MK Dona in January.

For fear of replicating the above we need to look at player who actually have some output. I know little about Cullen but he's got no assists and no goals and we have plenty of those.

When you look who is out of contract there are some good pickups:

Some only if promoted (ha, I know!):
Grillitsch (DM, Hoffenheim)
Longstaff (CM, Newcastle)
Schlupp (LWB, Palace)
Pascal Groß (CM, Brighton)
Swift (CM, Reading)
Traore (AM, Hatyspor)
Seoane (CM, Huesca)
Francis (AM, Estoril)
Rinomahota (CM, Reading)
Laurent (CM, Reading)
Besuschkow (CM, Jahn Regensburg)
Rothwell (CM, Blackburn).
Wallace (AM, W, Millwall)
Lawrence (AM, W, Derby)

Hecky has said the club would be only looking at the UK market

Hecky has said the club would be only looking at the UK market
Priced out straight away then. We've just signed a player from Russia who is more than capable (I'm aware his contract situation is different). One example, but proves it can be done. Are we the only club who does this?

For fear of replicating the above we need to look at player who actually have some output. I know little about Cullen but he's got no assists and no goals and we have plenty of those.

When you look who is out of contract there are some good pickups:

Some only if promoted (ha, I know!):
Grillitsch (DM, Hoffenheim)
Longstaff (CM, Newcastle)
Schlupp (LWB, Palace)
Pascal Groß (CM, Brighton)
Swift (CM, Reading)
Traore (AM, Hatyspor)
Seoane (CM, Huesca)
Francis (AM, Estoril)
Rinomahota (CM, Reading)
Laurent (CM, Reading)
Besuschkow (CM, Jahn Regensburg)
Rothwell (CM, Blackburn).
Wallace (AM, W, Millwall)
Lawrence (AM, W, Derby)
If we play Wallace and Lawrence either side of Sharp in a front 3, would that be the most championship front three of all time?

If that correct WTF do we have this United feckin World? (UfW) Rip Van Wanker etc didn’t we learn with our current crop of Wilder misfits that cost £120m? Where we shopping Mansfield, Worksop, Sutton
He basically said that any player in the EU who would qualify for a permit would likely be out of our price range.

If that correct WTF do we have this United feckin World? (UfW) Rip Van Wanker etc didn’t we learn with our current crop of Wilder misfits that cost £120m? Where we shopping Mansfield, Worksop, Sutton
I know mate ... agree, just sounds like Princey not willing to want to spend much/owt ... not encouraging is it shopping in the bargain basement.

He basically said that any player in the EU who would qualify for a permit would likely be out of our price range.
That statement qualifies why we do not expect to be buying many players from abroad.

I know he's already been mentioned but Andy Rinomhota is available on a free, he's from the area - Leeds (I know, I know!) and he's done well for them, I can see this is the type we could actually realistically sign. Seems to be a defensive midfielder, competition for Norwood I would guess.

Back
Top Bottom