Free agents

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thanks Yogi - I wasn't aware he'd gone to Derby, albeit briefly. Mind you, they're as much of a basket case as N M-L at the moment.

I can't see him coming back to be honest. A shame as he was a decent player - I remember him being far too good for Utd's defence when they played Cardiff early on in the first Champ season.
He was certainly a better player than Harry Wilson loads of pace and power

Do still feel convinced someone will get a tune out of Jordan Ibe! Anyone see him play at Derby?

Do still feel convinced someone will get a tune out of Jordan Ibe! Anyone see him play at Derby?
I think it's more that his head wasnt in the right place to play football, not sure if that's changed as I'm sure if it had he'd have got fixed up with a club this summer.

All league one players and we probably have them within our under 23s. Hard pass.

I think it's more that his head wasnt in the right place to play football, not sure if that's changed as I'm sure if it had he'd have got fixed up with a club this summer.
Yeah it’s an odd one it would certainly be worth offering him an invitation to train with us similar to the Algerian lad to get his fitness back. Again though like you say depends if football is still something he’s interested in

Depends how he is. I think he some issues going on, he asked to terminate his contract at Derby.
On a serious note though, I feel for the lad. Had and potentially still has a ton of talent but hard to realise it when struggling with mental health

Personally think that if SJ wants some free agent wingers then he'll go out and get them. Given that there are a few of them around at the moment I wouldn't be surprised if he did take a few on.

Then again if he doesn't sign any of them then we can assume he's going to go without them until January.

Think there's a bit of confusion on this thread; NML never signed for DCFC. Jordon Ibe did, and terminated his contract due to depression.

Strange that Jota's career has nosedived and he seemingly hasn't found another club after his 1 year deal with Alaves expired. I'm not aware that he's suffered any significant injuries so perhaps, given the bumper contracts he's enjoyed at B'ham and Villa, his motivation has been affected.

Nathaniel Mendez Liang's agent is a blade and come through the system at United.

Personally dont think we should bother. We need 2 wingers and I don't see one good one available, we have a much stronger 4121 so whats the point of spending on wages when they will only weaken the 11 and add depth to a position that is redundant unless Slav has earmarked a couple of players that we already have to play wide I can think of Burke, Moose, Brewster and Bogle? but for me go with 4121 and look at options for that role in January.

If you are still a free agent now then you have stupid wage demands, recent injury history or aren't very good

I'd have liked us to look at Robbie Brady as a potential signing, but if injuries have ravaged him then perhaps he's too much of a gamble now.

I'm sure Count Slav will only bring in someone if they are really the right player for us. Personally I think we will go with what we have now until January.

I'd have liked us to look at Robbie Brady as a potential signing, but if injuries have ravaged him then perhaps he's too much of a gamble now.

I'm sure Count Slav will only bring in someone if they are really the right player for us. Personally I think we will go with what we have now until January.

not heard any reports on Brady. But he was a PL standard player when fit.

suspect if no one has taken a chance yet it could be a issue getting him back fit. Don’t think it would hurt to see if he fancied a trial

It's a shame that our medical team weren't this competent when the likes of Mousset and Rodwell were signed. All of a sudden having an injury problem disqualifies players from playing for us, it's a strange move but I think it's the right one.

Back
Top Bottom