Free agents

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

not heard any reports on Brady. But he was a PL standard player when fit.

suspect if no one has taken a chance yet it could be a issue getting him back fit. Don’t think it would hurt to see if he fancied a trial

Maybe but I noticed he did actually appear 21 times last season in all competitions and scored as well.

He doesn't believe his injury last season should be an issue:

Just noticed Isaac Mbenza has been released by Huddersfield today. As far as short term options are concerned, I feel we could do a lot worse: 5 goals and 7 assists in a rather turgid team last season suggest he might be able to produce for us. Would definitely provide an extra wide option that Slav is after, and he wouldn’t even have to relocate!

Just noticed Isaac Mbenza has been released by Huddersfield today. As far as short term options are concerned, I feel we could do a lot worse: 5 goals and 7 assists in a rather turgid team last season suggest he might be able to produce for us. Would definitely provide an extra wide option that Slav is after, and he wouldn’t even have to relocate!

If he’s been released today; he can’t sign for another club until January.

Probably heading for a foreign club where the deadline is yet to close?

Maybe but I noticed he did actually appear 21 times last season in all competitions and scored as well.

He doesn't believe his injury last season should be an issue:

Interesting….

wonder if he’s got anything lined up as yet? You’d think he could be an option which could benefit us. Good deliveries from what I remember

He’d know some of the Irish lads also.

Interesting….

wonder if he’s got anything lined up as yet? You’d think he could be an option which could benefit us. Good deliveries from what I remember

He’d know some of the Irish lads also.

He knows how to cross the ball? He is worth signing based on that alone.

Can't say I've followed his career closely, but the fact he went for £11 million a few years ago and is a wide forward with pace could make him a worthwhile gamble at the right price.

I've had a quick look into why his contract was terminated & it looks a similar situation to Lundstram - the club had a year extension built into his contract and they enforced it hoping they'd be able to recoup a fee. Now the window's shut they've cut their losses and moved on.

If he's not got a deal already sorted I'd be happy to see us offer him a trial.

Can't say I've followed his career closely, but the fact he went for £11 million a few years ago and is a wide forward with pace could make him a worthwhile gamble at the right price.

I've had a quick look into why his contract was terminated & it looks a similar situation to Lundstram - the club had a year extension built into his contract and they enforced it hoping they'd be able to recoup a fee. Now the window's shut they've cut their losses and moved on.

If he's not got a deal already sorted I'd be happy to see us offer him a trial.

He may have another club lined up I reckon if he has let his contract run down.

If Liaminho9 is right we can't sign him till January anyway.

Surely a free agent means he can sign for anyone?

If his registration currently doesn't belong to anyone then he can sign for whichever club makes him an acceptable offer?

According to Yorkshire Post gone to Qatar Sports Club.

Shame cos I thought he could have been a decent signing on a free before he has his contract extended

Surely a free agent means he can sign for anyone?

If his registration currently doesn't belong to anyone then he can sign for whichever club makes him an acceptable offer?

I don’t know all the specifics of it but it’s basically to bypass any dodgy ‘free transfer’ dealings between clubs not in the transfer window.
Mentioned it on another thread recently but if you look back when we released Brayford on deadline day a few years back; we did that so he was a free agent during the window; he could sign for another club after midnight if things didn’t get done in time.

I don’t know all the specifics of it but it’s basically to bypass any dodgy ‘free transfer’ dealings between clubs not in the transfer window.
Mentioned it on another thread recently but if you look back when we released Brayford on deadline day a few years back; we did that so he was a free agent during the window; he could sign for another club after midnight if things didn’t get done in time.
It’s because the registration window also closes as well. So squads are pretty much set in stone…

anyone without a club before deadline day doesn’t involve a transfer of registration

Looks like our old mate Jerome Sinclair has gone into bigger and better things since being stranded in the train station....

Terell Thomas 26 year-old CB released by Crewe in Jan, played nineteen games this season. Alright he's probably not upto much but would Gordon who hasn't played men's footy be better backup with Bash injured and Goode missing three games?

Bowyer said Wisdom got a runout for Brum reserves but is still a way off proper match fitness, not many feasible cbs otherwise. Might just have to go with Gordon on the bench till Goode is available again. Stevens coming back would at least give extra cover at cb even if he hasn't covered himself in glory playing there.

Without being harsh to these lads with no club in February, I don't think anyone currently available would strengthen our side & would arrive needing a full pre-season to catch up on match fitness

Bowyer said Wisdom got a runout for Brum reserves but is still a way off proper match fitness, not many feasible cbs otherwise. Might just have to go with Gordon on the bench till Goode is available again. Stevens coming back would at least give extra cover at cb even if he hasn't covered himself in glory playing there.
Stevens wont play again this season.
Play Gordon, or move Baldock in and play Seriki as RWB.

Laurent Koscielny was let go by Bordeaux in January, maybe we can get him over on a pay-as-you-play deal 🤪

Local press filling the news void with lists of potential freebies.

.yorkshirepost

They do reckon we're "serious" about making a signing. Not much in the way of actually rumours though. Just suggestions.

Back
Top Bottom