Francis Laurent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
Released from Southend due to them not being able to afford him, I assume this is the chap who was on trial for us in the reserves yesterday?

Apparently got lots of pace which is needed on the flanks.

ere have a nosey at this its some of his highlights from a few matches

[video=youtube;l1tVJwFdOs4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1tVJwFdOs4&feature=related[/video]

Hmmmm.

Looks raw, pacy and tricky but not once in those highlights did I see a good final cross. It's no good being able to beat the full back if you can't deliver a cross!

Only played 65 min yesterday for reserves, Yeates got took off at half half time and Boogy at the 70 minute mark, maybe testing there fitness and keeping them in mind for Saturday, as for Laurent they may have seen enough of him to see whether he is worth a punt or if they like what they see, then again he maybe saved for sat.

To be fair, Cotts wasn't a bad crosser of the ball (OK, 1 in 3 !), his main problem was delaying and not crossing when he had the chance.

No, his main problem was not getting a game because the Hoofy wanker thought he was there to be an auxiliary full back rather than a creator of chances. Summed the negative twat up perfectly.

I love proper wingers, always made the game a proper spectacle.

"We've got Alan Alan Woodward on the wing on the wing".

I'm like Grecian, I love to see the Blades with proper wingers. The only thing they're interested in is getting wide, beating the defender and crossing for the strikers on their side OR getting in on the back stick when the ball is on the other side. Colin Morris, Paul Devlin, Paul Ifill, Keith Gillespie (although the pace was gone) and David Cotterill are all examples of players who can do this. People used to slate Ifill but we've not had anybody since him - playing regular that is - that contributes as many goals/assists. Warnock summed it up when he commented on Ifill that a winger either gets it right (and goes past the defender) or gets it wrong and is tackled. Cotts should have been given a chance to attack the left back but Blackwell was more interested in making him track back and defend which was, IMO, criminal at home. With Henderson on the books and great in the air on crosses and Cresswell around (he just instinctively gets on the end of crosses), they'd have a field day with a good out and out winger on both flanks.

I always liked Bryson, nothing fancy but crossed well at the first oppoortunity he had. This Laurent bloke looks big, pacy and can use both feet, which is useful. Seems a bit clumsy though, maybe because of his build, seemed to knock it a long way in front of him and try to beat the player with a combination of pace and bulk, not sure it would work against better defenders. He reminds me a little of a young Brian Deane, sign him up immediately just in case.

I'm like Grecian, I love to see the Blades with proper wingers. The only thing they're interested in is getting wide, beating the defender and crossing for the strikers on their side OR getting in on the back stick when the ball is on the other side. Colin Morris, Paul Devlin, Paul Ifill, Keith Gillespie (although the pace was gone) and David Cotterill are all examples of players who can do this. People used to slate Ifill but we've not had anybody since him - playing regular that is - that contributes as many goals/assists. Warnock summed it up when he commented on Ifill that a winger either gets it right (and goes past the defender) or gets it wrong and is tackled. Cotts should have been given a chance to attack the left back but Blackwell was more interested in making him track back and defend which was, IMO, criminal at home. With Henderson on the books and great in the air on crosses and Cresswell around (he just instinctively gets on the end of crosses), they'd have a field day with a good out and out winger on both flanks.

Cotts away at Burnley, outpaced the winger, beautiful cross, Billy on the end of it and me and Jnr behind the goal :)

If we're after a pacey wide man, there's a young lad whose surplus to requirements at Man City who i think would fit the bill. Robin Hoe I think his name is.

If we're after a pacey wide man, there's a young lad whose surplus to requirements at Man City who i think would fit the bill. Robin Hoe I think his name is.

Robbing Ho is probably more appropriate given the value for money he's given City so far.

Ha ha I love the debate that Cotterill causes, just have to mention his name and kabooooooommmmmm Thread tangent off on goes

I always liked Bryson, nothing fancy but crossed well at the first oppoortunity he had. This Laurent bloke looks big, pacy and can use both feet, which is useful. Seems a bit clumsy though, maybe because of his build, seemed to knock it a long way in front of him and try to beat the player with a combination of pace and bulk, not sure it would work against better defenders. He reminds me a little of a young Brian Deane, sign him up immediately just in case.

I forgot Jock Bryson, he was another good right winger. Why don't we ever produce lefties?

Cotts away at Burnley, outpaced the winger, beautiful cross, Billy on the end of it and me and Jnr behind the goal :)

I was at that one and it was a superb goal. Counter attacking football to perfection. His cross against Wednesday was a good one last season too. Lewis Buxton couldn't do anything but bury it for us! :D

Doesn't look anything special Laurent...hardly a class act...he was only playing against poor opposition and even then did not create much

what was everyones opinions on glen little? i didnt see him play, but from what i read he seemed to get quite a few assists despite KB rarely playing him

this laurent guy looks worth a shot anyway. he looks like he always wants the ball, always wants to attack and take on players, just cant seem to cross or pass..

what was everyones opinions on glen little? i didnt see him play, but from what i read he seemed to get quite a few assists despite KB rarely playing him

this laurent guy looks worth a shot anyway. he looks like he always wants the ball, always wants to attack and take on players, just cant seem to cross or pass..[/QUOTE]

He'll fit in perfectly then....

He'll fit in perfectly then....

According to Speed on the OS he got a knock in the 2nd half, so he'll really fit in with us... If he can work on staying unfit he can join Willo, Hendo, France, Walton and Wardy in the boozer every sat afternoon

Ha ha I love the debate that Cotterill causes, just have to mention his name and kabooooooommmmmm Thread tangent off on goes

Too fucking right. Cotts would instantly improve our squad. And what if we'd kept hold of Nade too? Can you imagine him terrorising championship defenders?

Back
Top Bottom