Leeds Players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
Apparently 11 of their first team have clauses allowing them to leave on loan so long as salary is covered, due to their relegation - seems an ideal hunting ground for us

Hecky probably has too much respect for Leeds, to take advantage of them...

all the PL loans we’ll get this season will involve a fee… whereas even if Leeds players are on top whack salaries they’ll work out cheaper as they wouldnt involve any fees

We’re absolutely buggered if we cant afford a year of salaries for a Leeds 1st team player lol

Harrison would be a good fit for us. Would start every game, some at LWB, some further forward

I know he didn't have a brilliant season last year but I wouldn't be averse to signing Adam Forshaw He was key under Bielsa and at 31 has a couple of years in him. He was released and is currently without a club. He would be good cover for Berge

Who starts there in that case? Lowe? I think ignoring LWB would be fatal

Lowe, RND, Bogle switching flanks, I'm not overly bothered. Sort out the LCB position, and you don't need to worry anywhere near as much about their defensive contributions, which are nowhere near as important as a full back in a four in any case. If you're relying on what we have to cover for JLT's limitations, then yeah, we're in the shit

Harrison would be a good fit for us. Would start every game, some at LWB, some further forward
would love harrison at the lane really rate him but absolutely zero chance he will go to a top half prem club

Do we really want to use up our loans on a team not good enough to stay up? Surely we want players who would make us better that we ordinarily can't afford?

£60K per week

OK, that's roughly in the region of what I was seeing. I'm not sure what world you're living in where you think you are going to get players who will cost us less all in than £3m for a season (coincidentally, this is roughly the average PL wage) that are going to significantly improve the starting line up. I have no particular take on Harrison specifically, but just shouting out "wages" when he is not on particularly high wages is kind of funny

Apparently 11 of their first team have clauses allowing them to leave on loan so long as salary is covered, due to their relegation - seems an ideal hunting ground for us
It shows how arrogant their agents are. Do I like Leeds... No but I am indifferent with them, they seriously need some home grown talent, when they went down in around 2004, they stripped out alot of "cult" heroes of that era. I personally wouldn't touch any current Leeds player with a barge pole, I couldn't name their top goal scorer or more than a couple of current players. The players got themselves in the mess they did, plenty of times before Sam came in on probably £50,000 a game to win and keep themselves out of the danger zone. Deserved what they got to be fair.

No was Harrison signs for us. He'd get a loan with a more established club in that scenario.

I'm struggling to think of one of their players who would want to sign for us and we'd want to sign them. I suspect the fancier ones will go to European clubs if they refuse to play in the Championship.

Dan James could ne interesting if we needed a Ndiaye replacement, I guess, but it's not exactly a strong fit.

Back
Top Bottom