Forest deducted four points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pegster said:
However, Sky Sports report that Forest have already been informed that it is highly unlikely they will see a harsher point penalty implemented than the one they already face. Forest can expect their case to be heard within the next three weeks, before the April 12 deadline.

Nothing to lose for appealing then , have they ?

Indeed, if I was in Forest's position I would appeal as well, albeit still in the knowledge that it states nowhere that Forest will not have a points deduction increased, nor does it state that Forest have won their appeal and are having the points deduction removed or reduced, much as a lot of the "it'S AlL rIGgeD fOr THe BiG 6 fUCk oFf to A SuPEr LeaGuE" merchants on here would have you think.

Sanctions in the EPL should be higher than the EFL due to the significant revenue disparity imo. PSR was instigated to police financial mis management. The EPL board pleaded in Everton their draft sanctions should be applied. The EPL asked for -12 points. -10 for the offence (6 minimum plus 4 for the near £20m overspend) and a further 2 for non co-operation. The Independent Commission (IC) awarded a - 10 point deduction yet failed to provide reasons. That enabled the Appeals Panel(AP) to drive a coach and horses through the decision referencing EFL's rules which had a sanctions matrix written into them unlike the EPL.

30 EFL clubs have gone into administration since 2004 when points deductions were first implemented for insolvency. In 2009 the only EPL insolvency, Portsmouth, occurred. - 9 points were allocated by an IC based on the premise a lower figure for 38 games as opposed to the 46 in the EFL with the EFL sanction being set at -10 up to -12.

The current IC hearings are benchmarks for future cases as precedent is limited. Everton IC gave the AP a tap in. They rightly concluded insolvency was a more serious offence so the sanction could not be more than - 9. They alluded to precedent set in our neighbours case " points deductions for sporting advantages of this nature" and plucked out of thin air a reduction down to -6 points in line with that ruling. Again no methodology written into the decision.

The parties in Florist went full circle concentrating sanctions pleadings on the EFL matrix. The EPL proposed a formula with a starting point of -3 points(EFL matrix). This set Florist with -8 reduced down to -6 for cooperation. Florist IC disregarded the EPL's calculation and double discounted Florists cooperation resulting in a figure of -4.

Current case law has set the bar at -3 points minimum for a breach. It makes a mockery of PSR if Florist are able to reduce the penalty even further on appeal. Ignore the barrack room lawyers who are spouting rubbish that Florist have been told they will not receive an increase in points deducted if they appeal. That pre empts legal principle and will not be looked on favourably by any credible KC adjudicating as the AP chairman. A rigorous defence of PSR pleading Florists breach was more serious being £15m more than Everton must be a minimum requirement for EPL counsel. Reference to the original IC's error in double discounting, ergo the sanction should be increased to -6 not reduced below-4. Anything less and the whole process will need to be consigned to the dustbin.

The EPL if they incorporated their sanctions matrix into disciplinary rule 50 would provide clarity for future IC's. My recommendation increase insolvency to -15 to reflect the present day revenue flowing into the league. No EPL club should ever go to the wall. Sanctions matrix minimum breach at -6 increasing to a maximum of -12. That change is unlikely to happen .The members all 20 of them are feeling bruised at the moment. They never envisaged points deductions would be implemented and they are now looking to adopt an adapted UEFA model which favours the top 6 in terms of increased spending.

Whether the EPL have the appetite for propping up a failing PSR model will be reflected in their pleadings at the ensuing 2 hearings. Failure to pursue an increase in the Florist penalty on appeal will confirm they have conceded the current process is dead in the water.
It goes under the radar and an excellent post by you but by top 6 I assume you mean Chelsea, Liverpool, Two North London clubs, Two Manchester.

Aston Villa will get very assisted at least short term if it switched as of next season. A post adjusted starting point of +£20-25m down to -£92-93m (reflecting the £0.4m Profit to -£120m loss).

I have read that Masters is an Aston Villa fan..

I would love them and Bournemouth, these two especially to fall foul.

What is going to be interesting is if we get to the end of the season, Forest are relegated, appeal happens, points given back and everton go down (somehow luton go above both) both clubs have enough media attention for the legal battle to go on for years! It is an absolute joke and should have been clearly thought through when they brought the rules in.

I'd love someone to explain Bournemouth too while I'm at it.

Their position to 2021-22 and 2022-23. Obviously 2018-19 drops off to be replaced by 2022-22, both have a £72m limit and Nottingham Forest didn't have Promotion Bonuses excluded so thst must apply to Bournemouth and Fulham too.

Bournemouth period ending 2021-22

Pre Tax Loss pre adjustments etc
2018-19 -£32m (PL)
2019-20 -£60m (PL) Covid initial
2020-21 +£17m (Championship) Covid main
(Average -£21.5m).
2021-22 -£55.5m
-£109m Pre Tax Loss starting point.

Onto this year.
2019-20 -£60m (PL) Covid initial
2020-21 +£17m (Championship) Covid main
(Average -£21.5m).
2021-22 -£55.5m
2022-23 -£27m (after exceptional income excluded).

-£104m Pre Tax Loss starting point.

Cat 3 Academy for whole period, minimal Depreciation to exclude, I assume they don't infest huge amounts in Women's side. Promotion Bonuses excluded for Nottingham Forest so..and they don't sell anyone of note, indeed they spent another £86m on Transfers this season and about £1m Profit on Disposal of Players. (£83m Upper Loss limit to this year).

I honestly don't see how they are compliant at all times.

What is going to be interesting is if we get to the end of the season, Forest are relegated, appeal happens, points given back and everton go down (somehow luton go above both) both clubs have enough media attention for the legal battle to go on for years! It is an absolute joke and should have been clearly thought through when they brought the rules in.

It's probably best to let certain clubs kill themselves, to hell with the rules, we know full well it will never affect us anyway, so just let them spend what they want pretending to be the big I am.
We know exactly what is in store for SWFC if they ever make it back to the Prem, they are one of a certain list of clubs that are so obsessed with trying to make the world think that they are better than they are that they will cripple themselves trying to prove it.

Let them spend what they want and disappear into oblivion. And fuck their fans too, the arrogant and deluded fans and the deluded demands they make are the main reason why it happens.

As I said before ….glad we are out of it. It’s started for Luton now… and will probably end in tears. They stay up by 1 point last day of season only for Forest to be given a point back on appeal!!

Player who has taken high wages for years and will financially benefit from Forest getting a higher points deduction, his team staying up and him getting a new contract not happy with the appeal, there’s a shock 🤣

It's probably best to let certain clubs kill themselves, to hell with the rules, we know full well it will never affect us anyway, so just let them spend what they want pretending to be the big I am.
We know exactly what is in store for SWFC if they ever make it back to the Prem, they are one of a certain list of clubs that are so obsessed with trying to make the world think that they are better than they are that they will cripple themselves trying to prove it.

Let them spend what they want and disappear into oblivion. And fuck their fans too, the arrogant and deluded fans and the deluded demands they make are the main reason why it happens.
😁

As I said before ….glad we are out of it. It’s started for Luton now… and will probably end in tears. They stay up by 1 point last day of season only for Forest to be given a point back on appeal!!
i wouldnt rule that scenario out the premier league sky sports and tnt would much sooner luton went down than forest i really hope luton stay up at the expense of forest i dont buy the theory that we wouldnt want forest to go down with us theyve cheated and have got off lightly imo with only a 4 point deduction hope we can put em one foot in the championship by beating em at the lane next month how sweet would that be taunting their fans

Fulham lose £26m albeit pending full Accounts.

Still struggling with how yea I know pre Covid Allowables pre deductions, but how losing -£148m in the period ending 2021-22 after Averaging the 2 Covid years then-£154m when that £20m is replaced by £26m sees them fall within the £72m for each, especially to 2023 given that the PL don't appear to exclude Promotion Bonuses whereas the EFL surely do.

The bandits came from our neck of the woods, didn’t they? Specifically, Hathersage and S6.
Too right. It always puzzled me why Robin Hood was associated with Nottingham - other than the fact that the Sheriff was in charge of local government and the treasury that goes with it. It seems obvious to me that the outlaws would live well off the main highways that ran from Nottingham to York ..somewhere like the Loxley valley. In those days Sherwood Forest covered all our area and did so until the locals used up most of the wood making charcoal to smelt steel!

So mixed results last night.

Win our games in hand and beat Forest and we will be a point away from them.

Bad news is our games in hand are Liverpool away and Man U away.

You’re still thinking about the bad news, aren’t you? 🤣
With Man U's performance against Brentford I'd fancy us 😂

The bandits came from our neck of the woods, didn’t they? Specifically, Hathersage and S6.
Dinnington , Worksop and Shireoaks

Tbh their decedents are still here

Friar Fuck
Willy Star-buck
Massive Joe
He she Marrion

To name but a few

Back
Top Bottom