Fodders MOTM

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

After his most recent instagram post, clearly aimed at Wilder, he shouldn’t even have been in the team. He doesn’t want to be here. He’s turned down a new contract and instead of running down his contract in an honourable manner, he again feels the need to spit his dummy out and post on social media about his manager. Total lack of discipline, undermining his manager and clearly thinks he’s better than he actually is, because I can’t see where he gets a better club than the Blades. He’s not suddenly become great, he was rubbish all season and that’s why everyone wanted a replacement. I’m disappointed that Wilder wasn’t stronger, he shouldn’t be even be on the bench after his latest instagram dig at Wilder. Personally think he’s mardy, useless and can’t wait for him to go.

Was man of match.

Should save first and third goal. But was very good. Made some top saves.

After his most recent instagram post, clearly aimed at Wilder, he shouldn’t even have been in the team. He doesn’t want to be here. He’s turned down a new contract and instead of running down his contract in an honourable manner, he again feels the need to spit his dummy out and post on social media about his manager. Total lack of discipline, undermining his manager and clearly thinks he’s better than he actually is, because I can’t see where he gets a better club than the Blades. He’s not suddenly become great, he was rubbish all season and that’s why everyone wanted a replacement. I’m disappointed that Wilder wasn’t stronger, he shouldn’t be even be on the bench after his latest instagram dig at Wilder. Personally think he’s mardy, useless and can’t wait for him to go.

I think Wilder is wise enough not to get all snowflakey about a few hurty words! Whatever Wes posts on social media he should be in goal instead of a fucking blind balkan binman who couldn't catch aids at a freddie mercury orgy. Wilder can see that now. Or play Amissah. Put fucking Norwood in goal. I dont give a fuck so long as that useless cunt never sees light of day between the sticks for us ever again..

He played great tonight though didn't he???

I think Wilder is wise enough not to get all snowflakey about a few hurty words! Whatever Wes posts on social media he should be in goal instead of a fucking blind balkan binman who couldn't catch aids at a freddie mercury orgy. Wilder can see that now. Or play Amissah. Put fucking Norwood in goal. I dont give a fuck so long as that useless cunt never sees light of day between the sticks for us ever again..
Beautifully put about Garbage. Have a like. 👍

Are you Grbic dad/agent? You only ever comment or like about Grbic and slag Wes off.

Very weird and odd to back the worst keeper ever.

Players run contracts down, they’re allowed to do it. Wilder responding like a baby (like he did with Duffy in fairly similar circumstances but strangely not with Lundstram?!) is the problem here.

If Wes thinks he’s worth more then GLTTL, he’s helped get us promoted, a lot more than some of the current wasters have done at the club.

Blades fans reactions to players wanting to leave us and earn more elsewhere is cringeworthy at times. None of the players are fans and it’s a free market.

We’d have conceded a lot less goals in Wilders time if Wes had played instead of crisp packet hands.

Wes hasn’t been playing because he wasn’t prepared to commit to United.

Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs.

But in what world does Wes Foderingham, “League One Wes”, not jump at the chance, at 33, to extend his contract with Sheffield United?

He has been grossly misguided by his agent if he thought he was getting a King’s ransom out of Sheffield United. Him being a starting keeper for us in the Premier League told you all you need to know about what cash we have.

But maybe both parties need to take a fresh look at this.

Ivo Grbic has already shown that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Maybe there is room for a Coutts/Freeman second chance?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind Johansson; he’s had good reports. Likewise there are others like Rodak. Iversen and a few more worth considering.

Let’s not be too snobbish though. Wes was decent in the Championship and that’s where we’ll be.

If our budget is free transfers or loans then he should be in the conversation, unless say he’s already fixed up with an MLS move or something of that nature.

I’m not saying he’s absolute first pick but let’s not cut our nose to spite our face.

Let’s not be too snobbish though. Wes was decent in the Championship and that’s where we’ll be.
This is the thing for me.

Although we don’t know what’s been said and who’s behaving like a spoilt brat in this situation (the club or Wes) it would make more sense to get Wes tied down for another couple of years than take a risk on another keeper. He’s perfectly fine for the Championship as proven last season.

If Wes is being a cock then I stand corrected, however if we’re lowballing him or offering him a 1 year deal or something he’s not happy with, maybe revisit based on the lesson learned with Grbic.

I've said it before but God knows what Wilder was thinking with his ill-judged "Gbric is our number 1 goalie" comment (before he'd even played for us) - it is stupid words like this which reveal Wilder's flaws in player management , like the Duffy fiasco.
Never never never wash your linen in public.
After tonight the club is in an invidious position with all 3,000 core fans chanting "We want Wes".
It was the highest public insult to Wes for Wilder to declare him number 2 behind Gbric - in those situations, a manager always says "I will select on merit".
There were 4 superb saves in the first half which Gbric would have been nowhere near - so that would have been 8-2 at least , because our heads would have dropped at 4-1 at halftime.
Wes is fine in the Championship and Wilder better eat some humble pie pdq to rescue the situation.
The club has to act now.
It's either kiss & make up with Wes or bring in even better quality.
I wish it was possible to wait until the goalie issue is resolved before renewing my ST.
If Gbric is our number 1 next season , the club is unlikely to have made the other necessary moves in the window and must be planning on a downward trajectory.
Failing in spite of doing your best can be tolerated but I can't get behind a club that doesn't act appropriately upon such clear evidence which almost every fan finds compelling.
We have been a laughing stock this season and the self-harm needs to stop.

It just irks me, and I’m repeating what I’ve said on other threads, that we somehow felt compelled to go down a route of the untried.

If we do decide against Wes, then no need to go for someone with little to no background. Grbic has 43 games in decent leagues before joining. That’s hardly anything for a 28 year old.

In contrast, Johansson has 3x the games as Grbic in the Championship and League One. Rodak has similarly 3x as many and same with Daniel Iversen.

I just don’t get why we took such a risk in such a key position to effectively make a point to the other keepers.

I wouldn’t be trusting Matt Duke’s judgement going forwards either!

Ok cool
Now can you please fuck off back to Croatia Ivo

Dont entertain buying a new goalie- invest that money in a few more quid for Wes. He way better than Gerbil and will be good in Championship, why risk money on another cheap gamble- it's thick.

Wes was never the issue this year- yes he's fucked up but with 40 shots a match this defence would make Gordon Banks knees quiver.

Where is this Instagram post from Wes that folk are referring to? I had a look on his profile and couldn't see anything untoward. It's not a platform I use though to be fair.

Where is this Instagram post from Wes that folk are referring to? I had a look on his profile and couldn't see anything untoward. It's not a platform I use though to be fair.
He’s been posting for weeks mate. Just digs at Chris. He’s known to have a bad reputation ask Di Canio.

But last night he was very good he is still at fault for goals 1 and 3. But he did make some good saves.

But I wouldn’t want him here next season. He has a few games left and it’s a total revamp of the side.

He was superb last night. Could have done better for goal 1 maybe but I think someone had to close Fernandes down for their 3rd. As others have posted, if him and Wilder can sort it out then I would be more than happy for him to stay.

As for his Insta, unless I am looking at the wrong page then I still can't see anything recent. His last posts were in 2022. Like I say though, Insta isn't really my thing .....

Screenshot_20240425-080102.png

Back
Top Bottom