Fodders MOTM

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wes should have been back in 3 or 4 games ago, anyone with half a football brain could see that.
Why CW kept picking him is beyond me
Seen to recall the same said by many on here about Wilder & JOC after 2,3,4 games Wilder stuck with him ( and he was shite then games especially Southend )

He was superb last night. Could have done better for goal 1 maybe but I think someone had to close Fernandes down for their 3rd. As others have posted, if him and Wilder can sort it out then I would be more than happy for him to stay.

As for his Insta, unless I am looking at the wrong page then I still can't see anything recent. His last posts were in 2022. Like I say though, Insta isn't really my thing .....

View attachment 182492
The posts people are referring to were Instagram stories rather than feed posts.

special mention for thr Blaster,well done captain.
I understand the reason we tried to upgrade him, he made a lot of errors & we’ve let some soft goals in. I presume the thinking was it’s cheaper to replace fodders than the whole back 3.

Holgate was poor last night, looks a good championship player but nothing more to me.

The strange thing is how long we persisted with Grbic when it was pretty obvious he’s absolutely awful. He’s easily in the top 5 worst keepers I’ve seen at the lane.

He’s been posting for weeks mate. Just digs at Chris. He’s known to have a bad reputation ask Di Canio.

But last night he was very good he is still at fault for goals 1 and 3. But he did make some good saves.

But I wouldn’t want him here next season. He has a few games left and it’s a total revamp of the side.
1- Good - Wes deserves to give him a dig- sat there on the bench watching a total buffoon in goal- who wouldn't
2- Wes was superb last night- so harsh to say goals 1 and 3 at fault- bollox
3- Total revamp don't make us laugh- as per usual everything is cheapskate at United- keep Wes rather than gamble AGAIN on cheap crap - WEs is perfect for Championship

Last night MOM 9/10 - He was like a Super Hero -

1- Good - Wes deserves to give him a dig- sat there on the bench watching a total buffoon in goal- who wouldn't
2- Wes was superb last night- so harsh to say goals 1 and 3 at fault- bollox
3- Total revamp don't make us laugh- as per usual everything is cheapskate at United- keep Wes rather than gamble AGAIN on cheap crap - WEs is perfect for Championship

Last night MOM 9/10 - He was like a Super Hero -
Fans seem to have voted for Hamer as Man of Match when I was looking at the polls.

In regards to point 2 - Wes was superb as you say but he was at fault for goals 1 and 3. The eye test was clear and the stats again was clear.

He made a big save first half. The other good saves offsides where given.

He needs to be moved on but he’s immeasurably better than Grbic.

I think Wilder is wise enough not to get all snowflakey about a few hurty words! Whatever Wes posts on social media he should be in goal instead of a fucking blind balkan binman who couldn't catch aids at a freddie mercury orgy. Wilder can see that now. Or play Amissah. Put fucking Norwood in goal. I dont give a fuck so long as that useless cunt never sees light of day between the sticks for us ever again..

What a fucking stupid thing to say.

I actually didn't think Wes was particularly a problem beforehand, he'd had a run where he'd made a few mistakes but overall he'd faced about a gazillion shots on target and kept the score down in most games (the exact opposite of what Grbic has done). He was also pretty flawless in our two Championship seasons.

If we were an established Premier League team we would need to upgrade obviously, but he's OK at this level and will be fine in the Championship again if things can be sorted.

I understand the reasoning for throwing Grbic in as we have to look forward and do what makes sense long term in an important position, but he looked worrying after one game, it was clear he was a problem after a few more, and there's no way he should have been allowed to play as many as he did. Thankfully the management team have realised it didn't work and have done the sensible thing. Now just make sure he's not our number one next season.

The reason Grbic was brought in and Foderingham dropped is simple - to make an example of Wes because he was the first of the soon to be OOC senior pros we made a contract offer to and her turned it down. He didn't help himself by demanding a contract far more lucrative than the club was prepared to offer.
At the end of the day the decision of who plays and who doesn't, who's picked and who isn't should lie purely with the manager and coaching staff. There should be no outside interference or influence from the top of the club.
Cash for permanent signings in JTW was only made available for a goalkeeper.

I think Wilder is wise enough not to get all snowflakey about a few hurty words! Whatever Wes posts on social media he should be in goal instead of a fucking blind balkan binman who couldn't catch aids at a freddie mercury orgy. Wilder can see that now. Or play Amissah. Put fucking Norwood in goal. I dont give a fuck so long as that useless cunt never sees light of day between the sticks for us ever again..
Firm but fair

After his most recent instagram post, clearly aimed at Wilder, he shouldn’t even have been in the team. He doesn’t want to be here. He’s turned down a new contract and instead of running down his contract in an honourable manner, he again feels the need to spit his dummy out and post on social media about his manager. Total lack of discipline, undermining his manager and clearly thinks he’s better than he actually is, because I can’t see where he gets a better club than the Blades. He’s not suddenly become great, he was rubbish all season and that’s why everyone wanted a replacement. I’m disappointed that Wilder wasn’t stronger, he shouldn’t be even be on the bench after his latest instagram dig at Wilder. Personally think he’s mardy, useless and can’t wait for him to go.
I actually agree with some of that but I’d have picked Wes. As bad as he has been he is many many levels better than Grbic

What a fucking stupid thing to say.
Yes Ivo, your post certainly is a fucking stupid thing to say. Good to see you are grapsing the english language though. Next up, understanding (admittedly shit) british humour and hyperbole. Now run along and don't drop your phone, they're expensive to repair or replace in the UK. Now, where is my collection of Subbuteo keepers...?

Last edited:

After his most recent instagram post, clearly aimed at Wilder, he shouldn’t even have been in the team. He doesn’t want to be here. He’s turned down a new contract and instead of running down his contract in an honourable manner, he again feels the need to spit his dummy out and post on social media about his manager. Total lack of discipline, undermining his manager and clearly thinks he’s better than he actually is, because I can’t see where he gets a better club than the Blades. He’s not suddenly become great, he was rubbish all season and that’s why everyone wanted a replacement. I’m disappointed that Wilder wasn’t stronger, he shouldn’t be even be on the bench after his latest instagram dig at Wilder. Personally think he’s mardy, useless and can’t wait for him to go.
You know fuck all about the reasoning for an instagram post. And why would he sign a new deal at a club where he clearly isn’t fancied as number 1.

The posts people are referring to were Instagram stories rather than feed posts.

Fair enough. Showing my ignorance really as I haven't got a fucking clue how Instagram works. Twitter is enough for me 🙂

Wes was making mistakes week after week, he isn't a top keeper, just because he kept the score down yesterday, (although some say goals 1 & 3 were his fault) he's just better than the rest of em, we need a new no1 in the nets next season imo, can't carry on with this charade week after week

Wes was making mistakes week after week, he isn't a top keeper, just because he kept the score down yesterday, (although some say goals 1 & 3 were his fault) he's just better than the rest of em, we need a new no1 in the nets next season imo, can't carry on with this charade week after week
So they spend 2.5 million on Grbic, on a couple of yr contract, you think they are going to go and pay more to get another? This is Sheff Utd- Wes is better and best we can hope for- Wes was fine at start of season he was fine last season in Div we will be in. And he was superb last night. Get Real!!

Fair enough. Showing my ignorance really as I haven't got a fucking clue how Instagram works. Twitter is enough for me 🙂
Instagram stories are only visible for 24 hours from when they're posted, so they'd have disappeared by the time you looked - someone will probably have screenshots of what he shared, sure I've seen them somewhere but can't remember what was said.

Wes wasn't terrible before the JTW window but he was making mistakes which he hadn't previously been making and it was costing us games.

I think in the ideal world, Wes would make an excellent 2nd keeper for us (in the world where we stayed up in the PL.). Problem is around contracts because we seem to be incapable of managing players contracts efficiently.

If Wes was asking for a contract that we couldn't do and in effect was then always going to run down his contract, we were right to go out and find a new number 1 GK as we would want the team and defence to be built around that player.

Problem is that we now have done that, he has been terrible (how on earth he turns that round is beyond me...) and we needed to recall Wes as Davies isn't on the radar and Amissah is unproven (and out of contract too?)

Wes put an amazing performance in, as we have seen previously, but in effect he is putting himself into the shop window to say look how good I can be for you to other people.

The other option is we now offer Wes a bigger contract and Gribic is our number 2 but can we afford to do that...

It is amazing how we are reacting here.

He faced xG of 2.94 and we conceded 4.

Statistically wise we conceded 1 more than we should.

The saves he made were good but the goals we conceded especially 1 and 3 he should save.

So they spend 2.5 million on Grbic, on a couple of yr contract, you think they are going to go and pay more to get another? This is Sheff Utd- Wes is better and best we can hope for- Wes was fine at start of season he was fine last season in Div we will be in. And he was superb last night. Get Real!!
I am real, he's not signing a contract as yet, he's OK as a number two keeper but not a number 1, too many errors and like Grbik is a terrible kicker,

It is amazing how we are reacting here.

He faced xG of 2.94 and we conceded 4.

Statistically wise we conceded 1 more than we should.

The saves he made were good but the goals we conceded especially 1 and 3 he should save.
It's xGOT (expected goals on target) you need to look at to judge a keeper not xG.

xG is how likely a shot is to go in before knowing how the striker has hit it, xGOT is how likely a shot is to go in knowing where the striker has hit it. xGOT was 3.95 for man u so based on that you would say he had an average night. That's skewed a bit from what we saw because he made some great saves from shots that were then given off side which aren't counted in those stats. If you included those I bet the stats would say he saved more than expected but we'll never know.

I think it's very harsh to say he should have saved 1, he was positioned at his near post where it is most likely for Maguire to try and head it, Maguire instead perfectly glanced it just inside the far post, nothing Wes could have done there IMO. Had he positioned more centrally where he could reach a glanced header he would have left his near post wide open.

Can't see how you think any keeper would have saved 3, he reacted quick and dived well and was still about a foot away from it. Was a great strike that should have been closed down before it was allowed to happen.

It's xGOT (expected goals on target) you need to look at to judge a keeper not xG.

xG is how likely a shot is to go in before knowing how the striker has hit it, xGOT is how likely a shot is to go in knowing where the striker has hit it. xGOT was 3.95 for man u so based on that you would say he had an average night. That's skewed a bit from what we saw because he made some great saves from shots that were then given off side which aren't counted in those stats. If you included those I bet the stats would say he saved more than expected but we'll never know.

I think it's very harsh to say he should have saved 1, he was positioned at his near post where it is most likely for Maguire to try and head it, Maguire instead perfectly glanced it just inside the far post, nothing Wes could have done there IMO. Had he positioned more centrally where he could reach a glanced header he would have left his near post wide open.

Can't see how you think any keeper would have saved 3, he reacted quick and dived well and was still about a foot away from it. Was a great strike that should have been closed down before it was allowed to happen.
So as per what you said mate he conceded 4 and should have conceded 4?

Which kinda relates back to my point that he made some saves that were very good which improved his score.

Then conceding 2 poor goals has made it balance out.

No keeper should concede where Bruno scored from. It was a good hit but it’s not dipping swerving. A decent PL keeper saves that easily. The lad at Rotherham would save that.

I get he did well and is miles ahead of Grbic. But he’s not the answer.

If I was dropped for Grbic I’d be equally pissed off.

Why was his social post ‘clearly aimed at Wilder’? I think most are surmising, but it’s not categoric.

Wilder was called to deal with Grbic being a liability because of the volume and ease of goals we’ve been shipping. If not, Wes who would you have played in all honesty.

Wes may or may not be a cunt, and he may or may not consistsntly be Premier League quality. But thank fuck he played last night as he made a string of important saves that Grbic never would have. And Wes was also great in our promotion season.

Credit to maguire for a header that very few keepers would get anywhere near,but his jump and dive for the pen sickened me off.

Wes hasn’t been playing because he wasn’t prepared to commit to United.

Obviously I don’t know the ins and outs.

But in what world does Wes Foderingham, “League One Wes”, not jump at the chance, at 33, to extend his contract with Sheffield United?

He has been grossly misguided by his agent if he thought he was getting a King’s ransom out of Sheffield United. Him being a starting keeper for us in the Premier League told you all you need to know about what cash we have.

But maybe both parties need to take a fresh look at this.

Ivo Grbic has already shown that the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

Maybe there is room for a Coutts/Freeman second chance?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind Johansson; he’s had good reports. Likewise there are others like Rodak. Iversen and a few more worth considering.

Let’s not be too snobbish though. Wes was decent in the Championship and that’s where we’ll be.

If our budget is free transfers or loans then he should be in the conversation, unless say he’s already fixed up with an MLS move or something of that nature.

I’m not saying he’s absolute first pick but let’s not cut our nose to spite our face.
We need 2 decent keepers for next season, Victor and Wes would do me. Although I wouldn't be breaking the bank to extend Wes.

We need 2 decent keepers for next season, Victor and Wes would do me. Although I wouldn't be breaking the bank to extend Wes.
If we’re tight you could almost imagine us having one starter, one bench warmer and then get an emergency keeper if something happens to the bench warmer.

Back
Top Bottom