Match Thread FA Cup: Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 27th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1706216899875.png vs. 1706216907157.png

FA Cup Fourth Round - Saturday 27th January 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.697/

Officials:

Referee: Sunny Singh Gill
Assistant referees: Lee Betts & Akil Howson
Fourth official: James Linnington
VAR: Darren Bond
Support VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 21.11.52.png

Yesterday was the worse advert for Var ever. Absolutely shocking delays. Drove me nuts. This isn't what football is supposed to be.
Turned a fairly normal stoppage game into two halves with +8 minutes. Insane.

Yesterday was the worse advert for Var ever. Absolutely shocking delays. Drove me nuts. This isn't what football is supposed to be.
Villa away was just as bad, although you notice it more when you're in the ground. Fine for the armchair, neutral fan who matter most these days.

It might be stating the bleeding obvious and has no doubt been said elsewhere, but it's meant to be for "clear and obvious" mistakes. By bloody definition if it's taken multiple views and coming down to splitting hairs/toenails then it's not clear and obvious is it??!!

Take a couple of looks - if it's obvious, change it. If it isn't, then stick with the ref. They're trying to make something perfect, but don't have the technology to make it perfect....it still just comes down to someone staring at a 2 dimensional screen with imperfect angles, played at a different speed, and too much time to overthink it. Absolute bollocks, use some common sense FFS.

It might be stating the bleeding obvious and has no doubt been said elsewhere, but it's meant to be for "clear and obvious" mistakes. By bloody definition if it's taken multiple views and coming down to splitting hairs/toenails then it's not clear and obvious is it??!!

Take a couple of looks - if it's obvious, change it. If it isn't, then stick with the ref. They're trying to make something perfect, but don't have the technology to make it perfect....it still just comes down to someone staring at a 2 dimensional screen with imperfect angles, played at a different speed, and too much time to overthink it. Absolute bollocks, use some common sense FFS.
They should be allowed 30 seconds to decide. If it's clear and obvious that's more than enough time.

They should be allowed 30 seconds to decide. If it's clear and obvious that's more than enough time.
That's what they did in the NRL (Aussie rugby league), first league to use VAR. They reckoned (although this is very Aussie) any longer than that and you overthink it. Makes sense to me.

Think we'd be better off if they introduced 'Call a friend' if the ref is unsure. Would be quicker and equally fair.

Strange game,and as mentioned the VAR decisions took far to long it was a joke,along with a shocking ref.
Letting them keep possession was frustrating,with that narrow defensive shape and allowing them the space out wide.
5-2 was a bit harsh though for me,as we had chances and some good attacks,but they deserved to go through overall.

The referee and linesmen were very poor again not seen good officials all season at Bramall Lane, to be honest. I don't get why our players stand off and don't challenge the opposition. giving them room to do what they want. that makes the game boring in my opinion. who wants to watch 50 passes from the opposition?. we are odds on for relegation so why not get stuck in and attack. if we lose so what? at least it will be exciting to watch.

Pedro scored the winner in Watfords 1-0 in Aug 2022.

Think our other foe Edwards was their manager at the time.

🛍️ Carrier Bag Firm
⚔️ Sheffield United 2️⃣
🆚 Brighton & Hove Albion 5️⃣
⚔️ SUFC Game 4️⃣2️⃣
⚔️ SUFC U18 0️⃣
🆚 Birmingham City 2️⃣
⚔️ SUFC Community Foundation A 3️⃣
🐏 Derby County Community Trust B 0️⃣
🍺 Woodseats
📋 My Football & Beer Blog
📖 Read here 👇

Back
Top Bottom