Match Thread FA Cup: Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 27th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1706216899875.png vs. 1706216907157.png

FA Cup Fourth Round - Saturday 27th January 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.697/

Officials:

Referee: Sunny Singh Gill
Assistant referees: Lee Betts & Akil Howson
Fourth official: James Linnington
VAR: Darren Bond
Support VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 21.11.52.png

Who was the player in midfield, who didn't get hold of the ball?
Grbic atleast touched the ball

We were a bit shit, but there were tiny glimmers of good play mixed in with some very poor stuff. A fairly easy win for Brighton where we handed them a couple of goals.

Levels in quality were very noticeable at times. Felt like they were a league above for periods. We did manage to find the occasional pattern of play where we were positive though.

I thought for periods we were in the game.

But we can’t seem to do the basics of defending.

No wonder Wilder wants a new centre back.

Bogle again defends like it a hobby.

5 is embarrassing. At one point I thought we were actually the better team.

We soon took care of that second half.

Which 2? Because he’s been getting beaten at his near post and all sorts lately
Last goal and was going to say pedro’s 3rd but having just watched a replay i’m not sure.

McBurnie didn’t look arsed when he came on, and between him and Archer, there was no press so they could just stroke it around at the back.
Neither McBurnie or Archer gave a monkeys today. I was particularly disappointed with Archer, I don’t think he did anything positive all game (thrown in the towel as he’s essentially Villa’s player?)
Luckily for us it should be BBD, Osula and McAtee against Palace

We have no answer to Brightons quick direct passing thru our lines,that is something i did admire about how they played.

Reactions: 10p
If you start Norwood and Osborn you want out of the competition to concentrate on the league. Norwood is a busted flush along with Fleck, both 33 in a few months both should have followed Sharp.0
I’m afraid this is true. You can’t start those two together in the centre of the park against a possession based team and expect anything but a thumping.

Hardly a fucking massacre. Incompetent cunt in black played a part.
Not sure where this is coming from. Which big decisions did he get wrong? That first pen was soft but Bogle did trip him. Second was definitely handball. There were no dodgy incidents where we should have had a pen. Not sure of the reason for the scathing summary.

Positives:

Hamer looked decent enough, Osula continues to improve, we looked vaguely threatening in attack on occasions. RND getting in more useful minutes

Negatives:

Archer was anonymous yet again, how he was the forward to stay on when we made the triple sub I have no idea unless we were just managing minutes so the forwards who are playing better than him aren't quite so fucked at Palace. Midfield was lightweight and while Brighton play good possession football, we made it a bit too easy at times. Defence just couldn't help themselves doing stupid shit that will only ever result in a free kick and will never win the ball. Bogle was the biggest culprit with at least three or four stupid barges that were nowhere near shoulder to shoulder and other stupid challenge, and that's outside of the pen, Souza did two of the same within 5 seconds of each other when he came on but as Brighton kept the ball, nothing doing, Anel had a couple as well

It was bad but there were a couple of highlights, 1 Brereton Diaz looks a player that can really improve us
2 Norwood will only play for us again if the prince sells the entire midfield along with the development squads midfield

Positives:

Hamer looked decent enough, Osula continues to improve, we looked vaguely threatening in attack on occasions. RND getting in more useful minutes

Negatives:

Archer was anonymous yet again, how he was the forward to stay on when we made the triple sub I have no idea unless we were just managing minutes so the forwards who are playing better than him aren't quite so fucked at Palace. Midfield was lightweight and while Brighton play good possession football, we made it a bit too easy at times. Defence just couldn't help themselves doing stupid shit that will only ever result in a free kick and will never win the ball. Bogle was the biggest culprit with at least three or four stupid barges that were nowhere near shoulder to shoulder and other stupid challenge, and that's outside of the pen, Souza did two of the same within 5 seconds of each other when he came on but as Brighton kept the ball, nothing doing, Anel had a couple as well
I'd also add BBD to the positives. Hopefully he can get some fitness back, because once we lost him and Osula we hardly offered anything going forward.

Back
Top Bottom