Match Thread FA Cup: Sheffield United v. Brighton & Hove Albion - 27th January 2024

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
BRI
BRI
BRI
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1706216899875.png vs. 1706216907157.png

FA Cup Fourth Round - Saturday 27th January 2024 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane
Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Player Ratings:
Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion.697/

Officials:

Referee: Sunny Singh Gill
Assistant referees: Lee Betts & Akil Howson
Fourth official: James Linnington
VAR: Darren Bond
Support VAR: Michael Salisbury
Assistant VAR: Timothy Wood

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

VPNAd.png

📺
Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2024-01-25 at 21.11.52.png

Got to admit to being slightly surprised that this match is selling so poorly.
No chance of staying up in the league, semi-finalists last season, not too expensive to get in, 'winnable' game (imo) and off the back of an exiting last home game performance?
Oh well.
utb

Cant go to this as taking grand kids to panto, booked tickets when it showed no fixture, thought it was the winter break . So hope all you go have a good day, and remember to shout hes behind you, oh no hes not. Hoping for a win 2-0 utb

I think I'll just be pissed off if we win tomorrow.

It's a win against a Premier League team but we won't get 3 points for it.
I will never be pissed off seeing the Blades win.
Wilder will be going for a win no fear,hope our new keeper starts,have to give him game time, otherwise why sign him.
Also disappointed that ticket sales are poor for this, price alot lower than league matches as well

Give Grbic his debut, play a strong team and go for it, might as well in this competition

Grbic
Bogle Anel Robinson Trusty
Hamer Souza Brooks
McAtee McBurnie Archer

just looked at ticket sales, top may as well be closed only about 5% of tickets sold, id say about 9,000 home fans, I've had to move from Bramall Lane corner to John Street, cannot see why cos I can't see Brighton filling bottom, never mind upper tier and c corner.

Why can't we win both? Genuine question, winning breeds confidence, there's no downside in my opinion or am l missing something.
No I agree, but what I meant was if I had the choice. If that makes sense? Highly unlikely we'll win both games close to eachother.

just looked at ticket sales, top may as well be closed only about 5% of tickets sold, id say about 9,000 home fans, I've had to move from Bramall Lane corner to John Street, cannot see why cos I can't see Brighton filling bottom, never mind upper tier and c corner.

Think Foxy said somewhere Brighton had sold out their allocation, but just had the bottom tier initially. But yeah, it is a bit bizarre when previously we've shut the Kop for a bunch of cup games, people have had a cry about "not going if can't sit on Kop" as an excuse for why our Cup attendances are so shit, then we open the Kop with very reasonably priced tickets and no fucker buys them

Be interesting to see the attendance.

It's clearly not high but it's also hard to judge. Brighton have sold out whatever their allocation is. Which will be presumably be 2900 or if they have upper tier 4-5k or so.

Our sales are poor which I actually are not that surprised given how we can be for cup games that aren't glamorous.

South stand and John st not too bad kop looks very low.

Going for 15/16k.

As for result i think we will shuffle a little. Brighton are targeting this as a cup they can win. So if they want it enough Brighton should win given their squad.

But who knows

Whilst its cheap enough to go. I will spend my tenner on a few beers instead and watch on telly. I love a cup run, but not at the expense of staying up. A good performance will be good for confidence, fuck it lets have a cup run !

Whilst its cheap enough to go. I will spend my tenner on a few beers instead and watch on telly. I love a cup run, but not at the expense of staying up. A good performance will be good for confidence, fuck it lets have a cup run !
That's interesting. It's my son who's a blade, although he's going to some strong man thing(?!?) at the arena with his uncle tomorrow so not going to the game anymore, I'm still going. I've got sort of fond of the team 🤣

Wouldn't mind a cup run...
I thought the Kop would be closed tbh..That United website has a mind of it's own,i'm sure i clicked on Lane upper,and ended up with Kop seats.😀

No chance of staying up in the league, semi-finalists last season, not too expensive to get in, 'winnable' game (imo) and off the back of an exiting last home game performance?
Oh well.
utb
I fully agree ….

Big Club my arse - FA Cup 4th round , Sat 3pm kick off v a Premier rival , £15 (£10 for me as an old git) to get in and we struggle to sell tickets

Unbelievable

I fully agree ….

Big Club my arse - FA Cup 4th round , Sat 3pm kick off v a Premier rival , £15 (£10 for me as an old git) to get in and we struggle to sell tickets

Unbelievable

Nobdy can get a ticket as it's kept for them pesky high points holders. :rolleyes:

(it's an expensive time of year, but I thought we'd sell more)

I'll be there, just hope we don't put reserves out, thats the gamble of buying a cup game ticket, we need the money so lets go for the win

Oh well.
utb
Long month with payday still to come?

I'll be there, just hope we don't put reserves out, thats the gamble of buying a cup game ticket, we need the money so lets go for the win
And one of the advantages. Get to see how some players on the edges of the first team get on against decent opposition.
Depends on the mix of regulars / reserves though.

January is a tight month for many people after Christmas spending, and as HD8 says it's not payday yet for everyone, so can't criticise those who don't have the funds to go. Still can't get my head around why anyone who can scrape together £15 wouldn't want to be there.

im hoping we go as strong as possible for today as who doesnt love cup run, last season was fantastic. i think we have a great chance of winning it as i dont think De Zerbi will be as strong as usual, because he will be focused on the Europa league, fighting with west ham to make European football for the 2nd season in a row. whereas we dont have that, we are already playing 8 games less than last year who fatigue shouldnt be an issue & it would be good distraction from the league & our very slim chances of survival

also if we dont have a cup run then history says that nobody else in sheffield will 😄, because since that 1993 semi 31yrs ago. the city has been involved in 8 Quarter Finals & 4 semi finals. only 1 of them involved wednesday that was a quarter final 27 years ago

Back
Top Bottom