FA cup semi final - not going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The allocation is 34,000. We have 22(?)000 ST Holders. If they all were allocated multiple tickets for extras then that would fill the allocation & then some.
People who have contributed year in year out consistently, but don’t have a season ticket would then be denied a ticket, all because some want to “make a weekend of it” with wives, girlfriends etc who have no actual interest in SUFC at all.
It’s the height of selfishness.
As long as they go on true general sale, without the 500 points thing eventually I don’t see a problem.

Not sure we’ll sell out otherwise

Would 5 games in 17 years total to 500 loyalty points?
Not far off I imagine. I’ve seen us away plenty of times as flights are easier and/or cheaper for other grounds like Bristol City and Watford but at BDTBL I think I have been about 5 times in the last 5 years and other times in years before that and I have enough points Each single trip costs more than a season ticket, but that’s my work/life choice. As
I’ve said elsewhere the really annoying thing is having LOYALTY points removed for games I purchased that got cancelled due to COVID in spite of being out of pocket for flights and hotels.

The problem for all fans whoever they support now that the stadiums are all seated. you can't do what you did when you could stand. you knew exactly where your family/friends are. those days have gone. you can't even go down to the ticket office with family and friends and buy your season tickets/match tickets. everyone has different opinions and is entitled to voice them. unfortunately, some fans will be disappointed one fault that is. how it goes int it.

That's what I'm hoping and expect to happen.
There's a group of us wanting tickets, half are season ticket holders, so we'll leave it until a few days before the match. If we miss out we miss out.
everybody who wants a ticket will get one just be patient only way i can see us selling out is that results before the semi mean we could be up that weekend and although its a long shot its still a possibility

I've said it about ten times already, but I now I really truly don't think I can go.

Nobody to look after kids (too young to take).

My wallet will thank me. My heart never will.

I'll be (almost as) ecstatic watching us win on TV though. You Blades 😍

It would suit me if season ticket holders and people with just 500 points could all buy tickets at the same time. Then I could get tickets for me and my kids at the same time as soon as they’re available. As it is, I’ll wait until they get to the stage where we’re all eligible and buy 3 together in whichever category seats are still available (and with whatever view they offer).

What seems a bit daft to me is that I don’t think there are 34,000 people with the funds and inclination to go and watch us in this game at Wembley. I also don’t think more than 34,000 Man City fans will want to go (as presumably another reason for the points requirement is to prevent opposition fans buying tickets in our end).

Maybe I’m wrong: the decision-makers at the club seem to think so. But if we reach a stage where thousands of tickets are unsold, and some people who wanted to go couldn’t get one, then something must’ve gone wrong surely.

It would suit me if season ticket holders and people with just 500 points could all buy tickets at the same time. Then I could get tickets for me and my kids at the same time as soon as they’re available. As it is, I’ll wait until they get to the stage where we’re all eligible and buy 3 together in whichever category seats are still available (and with whatever view they offer).

What seems a bit daft to me is that I don’t think there are 34,000 people with the funds and inclination to go and watch us in this game at Wembley. I also don’t think more than 34,000 Man City fans will want to go (as presumably another reason for the points requirement is to prevent opposition fans buying tickets in our end).

Maybe I’m wrong: the decision-makers at the club seem to think so. But if we reach a stage where thousands of tickets are unsold, and some people who wanted to go couldn’t get one, then something must’ve gone wrong surely.
no me neither will be suprised if either united or city sell more than 30k probably less than that however that could alter for us if by a sequence of results wembley could turn in to a promotion party in london

I have 550 points but can’t buy one ticket and hope the missus can get one for my lad when they are on sale the day after as he is 14 and I don’t want to be separate from him.

no me neither will be suprised if either united or city sell more than 30k probably less than that however that could alter for us if by a sequence of results wembley could turn in to a promotion party in london
We will sell out. The demands for coaches says it all.

Assuming you can afford to go and can go I'm not sure why peeps are even questioning it.

If you look at our history we've been fortunate in the past 40 years to have got to now 5 semi finals in that period in time.
Sadly we haven't got to the final, but aside from 1993 we've been a 2nd tier club each time we've got there.

Who knows when our next one will be because some clubs go an awful long time between these occasions, we could wait 30 years after this for another....

I mean take Leeds for instance. Last semi final was 1987.
Them up road last appearance was vs. us of course in 93.

If we pull off the unthinkable (highly, highly unlikely) those that are skipping the semi final, will be absolutely desperate to get to the final.
I work with a few Leeds fans and they were asking if I was going. When I said I was I said the same point, (I was born in the July of '87) they played and got hammered in the '96 league Cup final at Wembley but even so times are usually few and far between.

Should have been at Old Trafford. End of discussion.
If that couldn't have been an option at 52,000 St James Park would be a good "Northern option" it would be probably be closer to 48,000 or something but still 24,000 tickets and a decent cheaper night out. Manchester is still expensive especially Old Trafford although more doable in a day.

Don’t really think that’s a good barometer. 100 coaches take about 5,000 people. If we assume that’s how many coaches go, are you really saying 29,000 are making their way there by some other means?
Don’t forget the 28,000 that will be catching the last train out of Kings Cross

i will be very suprised if we sell out think only way thats going to happen is if results dictate we are promoted that weekend

Don’t really think that’s a good barometer. 100 coaches take about 5,000 people. If we assume that’s how many coaches go, are you really saying 29,000 are making their way there by some other means?
True, but people are going who never go to matches usually (families, kids, partners and other clubs supporters)

We usually get around 26k home fans at LEAST every home game.

Even with 34,000 tickets it leaves the middle tier practically empty

These are members areas and will be the most expensive tickets if they get sold on

For play off games it's not a problem but the members will likely want to use their seats for a semi final

But will they bother turning up to see a Semi final that we're involved in

This was the pricing for Papa John's Final. It's crap how they can charge much less for the exact same venues.

Yes, i get that an FA Cup Semi is a bigger game than an FA Trophy Final, but just because we have progressed to that stage doesn't mean that our fans earn more money than Bolton and Plymouth fans.

It's not like it's open to general public either. It's only open to two sets of supporters. It's a total rip off

1680690814583.png

Back
Top Bottom