FA Cup Draw

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardboard_box

read this then you can go to the match

"The first commercial paperboard (not corrugated) box was produced in England in 1817.[9][10][11] Cardboard box packaging was made the same year in Germany.[12]

The Scottish-born Robert Gair invented the pre-cut cardboard or paperboard box in 1890 – flat pieces manufactured in bulk that folded into boxes. Gair's invention came about as a result of an accident: he was a Brooklyn printer and paper-bag maker during the 1870s, and one day, while he was printing an order of seed bags, a metal ruler normally used to crease bags shifted in position and cut them. Gair discovered that by cutting and creasing in one operation he could make prefabricated paperboard boxes. Applying this idea to corrugated boxboard was a straightforward development when the material became available around the turn of the twentieth century.[13]

The advent of flaked cereals increased the use of cardboard boxes. The first to use cardboard boxes as cereal cartons was theKellogg Company.

Corrugated (also called pleated) paper waspatented in England in 1856, and used as a liner for tall hats, but corrugated boxboard was not patented and used as a shipping material until 20 December 1871. The patent was issued to Albert Jones of New York Cityfor single-sided (single-face) corrugated board.[14] Jones used the corrugated board for wrapping bottles and glass lantern chimneys. The first machine for producing large quantities of corrugated board was built in 1874 by G. Smyth, and in the same year Oliver Long improved upon Jones's design by inventing corrugated board with liner sheets on both sides.[15] This was corrugated cardboard as we know it today.

The first corrugated cardboard box manufactured in the USA was in 1895.[16] By the early 1900s, wooden crates and boxes were being replaced by corrugated papershipping cartons.

By 1908, the terms "corrugated paper-board" and "corrugated cardboard" were both in use in the paper trade.[17]

Cardboard boxes have been used there since 1840 for transporting the Bombyx mori moth and its eggs from Japan to Europe by silkmanufacturers, and for more than a century the manufacture of cardboard boxes was a major industry in the area."

I'm going to quote this to random ladies on the weekend and see if I pull.

"The first commercial paperboard (not corrugated) box was produced in England in 1817.[9][10][11] Cardboard box packaging was made the same year in Germany.[12]

The Scottish-born Robert Gair invented the pre-cut cardboard or paperboard box in 1890 – flat pieces manufactured in bulk that folded into boxes. Gair's invention came about as a result of an accident: he was a Brooklyn printer and paper-bag maker during the 1870s, and one day, while he was printing an order of seed bags, a metal ruler normally used to crease bags shifted in position and cut them. Gair discovered that by cutting and creasing in one operation he could make prefabricated paperboard boxes. Applying this idea to corrugated boxboard was a straightforward development when the material became available around the turn of the twentieth century.[13]

The advent of flaked cereals increased the use of cardboard boxes. The first to use cardboard boxes as cereal cartons was theKellogg Company.

Corrugated (also called pleated) paper waspatented in England in 1856, and used as a liner for tall hats, but corrugated boxboard was not patented and used as a shipping material until 20 December 1871. The patent was issued to Albert Jones of New York Cityfor single-sided (single-face) corrugated board.[14] Jones used the corrugated board for wrapping bottles and glass lantern chimneys. The first machine for producing large quantities of corrugated board was built in 1874 by G. Smyth, and in the same year Oliver Long improved upon Jones's design by inventing corrugated board with liner sheets on both sides.[15] This was corrugated cardboard as we know it today.

The first corrugated cardboard box manufactured in the USA was in 1895.[16] By the early 1900s, wooden crates and boxes were being replaced by corrugated papershipping cartons.

By 1908, the terms "corrugated paper-board" and "corrugated cardboard" were both in use in the paper trade.[17]

Cardboard boxes have been used there since 1840 for transporting the Bombyx mori moth and its eggs from Japan to Europe by silkmanufacturers, and for more than a century the manufacture of cardboard boxes was a major industry in the area."

I'm going to quote this to random ladies on the weekend and see if I pull.
Pull? They'll be board rigid.
Bdum-TISH.
Here all week, folks.

I can vaguely remember an annoying song about a cardboard box With an even more annoying hand movement to accompany it
Very annoying

It may not loom large in your football calendar, but one must keep an eye on tradition.

We've never gone out of the FA cup below the third round and if it gives us a better chance of keeping that record I for one am in full agreement with the draw... :)

It may not loom large in your football calendar, but one must keep an eye on tradition.

We've never gone out of the FA cup below the third round and if it gives us a better chance of keeping that record I for one am in full agreement with the draw... :)

Altrincham 1981? First one that springs to mind - are there any others?

Oldham it is then. The Higgo returns to eat us alive :)

And we also haven't beaten Oldham in their last 5 visits to the Lane (D4 L1). I believe that is our current joint longest run without a home victory against any team (Cardiff are the other one).

Altrincham 1981? First one that springs to mind - are there any others?

exactly these Oldham match is boring but more about keeping our 34 yr record in tact & who could get come 3rd rd Than winning Although what could go wrong as its not like anything controversial happens when these 2 sides come together;)

also before 1979 it was 1924

And we also haven't beaten Oldham in their last 5 visits to the Lane (D4 L1). I believe that is our current joint longest run without a home victory against any team (Cardiff are the other one).
Good stats Daz. What you're trying to say is the minimum Oldham can expect is a replay :)

exactly these Oldham match is boring but more about keeping our 34 yr record in tact & who could get come 3rd rd Than winning Although what could go wrong as its not like anything controversial happens when these 2 sides come together;)

also before 1979 it was 1924

The 1st round in 1924 was equivalent to the 3rd round now.

I think the 3 year period of 1980-82 was the only time we haven't reached the last 64.

Bloody hell, that's grim. Add that to Oldham's strangely objectionable fans & their Higgo/Forte strikeforce, & it's all set up for FA Cup misery.

Oldham v Pigs in round 3 guaranteed.

All League clubs played from the first round before the 1925-26 season

The 1st round in 1924 was equivalent to the 3rd round now.

I think the 3 year period of 1980-82 was the only time we haven't reached the last 64.

I never knew that, but i guess it makes sense with less teams entering back then. Do you know when the top 2 tiers getting the 3rd round bye started

But also never realised that we were so close to be apart of that white horse final back in 1923 but lost in semi finals to eventually winners Bolton

I never knew that, but i guess it makes sense with less teams entering back then. Do you know when the top 2 tiers getting the 3rd round bye started

But also never realised that we were so close to be apart of that white horse final back in 1923 but lost in semi finals to eventually winners Bolton

1925-26 season was the first FA Cup when first and second division teams started from the 3rd round.

Yes we lost to Bolton in the semis in 1923 at Old Trafford and Bolton's goal that won the tie was a fluke

1923+soccer-fa-cup-semi-final-bolton-wanderers-v-sheffield-united-old-trafford-1923.jpg

So if we make the third round, I presume the Peterborough game on Jan 2 (which I am supposed to be going to) will be cancelled. And we could get someone like Wycombe away instead?

So if we make the third round, I presume the Peterborough game on Jan 2 (which I am supposed to be going to) will be cancelled. And we could get someone like Wycombe away instead?
3rd round is on 9th January (we play at Blackpool if we fail to progress to the 3rd round)

Back
Top Bottom