Carabao Cup Draw Round Two

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

it really is time to get this competition scrapped
no one likes or cares about it, play shit second string teams in over half empty stadiums
a competition where the 6 best clubs get byes to round 3 ,,,,, why, its not like they haven't a back up 11 should be bottom 6 from div 4 apart from the 2 relegated that get byes to round 3 not man city and 5 others

it really is time to get this competition scrapped
no one likes or cares about it, play shit second string teams in over half empty stadiums
a competition where the 6 best clubs get byes to round 3 ,,,,, why, its not like they haven't a back up 11 should be bottom 6 from div 4 apart from the 2 relegated that get byes to round 3 not man city and 5 others

Absolute nonsense.

You wouldn't want to win it then?

If we somehow made it to the final it would be the biggest match in any of our lifetimes.

Absolute nonsense.

You wouldn't want to win it then?

If we somehow made it to the final it would be the biggest match in any of our lifetimes.

That might have been true before 1991. Sadly that year it was officially de-rated into a Mickey Mouse competition.

Lincoln City fans are well chuffed about it, judging by the comments on their Twitter page.

We all know how this goes.

We'll only open the South Stand and John Street.

We'll be silent all match.

We'll be serenaded with chants of "Is this a library?" and "Your support is fucking shit" from the away folks from the shires on a big day out.

I'll leave the ground with the same sense of indifference whether we win or lose.

The magic of the League Cup.

Bet Bert is up for this one.

Where in Lincoln are you Bert? Got a couple of properties in Lincoln

I went to Lincoln for a night match many moons ago with Darnell lads.We got the minibus smashed in so bad we drove for miles without any windows.
Many injuries from these cunts who beat us with bike helmits and other shit it was the worse i had ever seen.
Complete cocks

Remember either late 70’s/early 80’s going to Lincoln away. The infamous Cooperman was on our train. Alighted with his dog!!

I went to Lincoln for a night match many moons ago with Darnell lads.We got the minibus smashed in so bad we drove for miles without any windows.
Many injuries from these cunts who beat us with bike helmits and other shit it was the worse i had ever seen.
Complete cocks
Steve Cowens and his rufty tufty BBC chappies went in the 80's (as did Bert).

They were expecting to rule the roost, knock a few yokels around and return home victorious.

As he recounts in his book they took a right battering.

Served them right.

Steve Cowens and his rufty tufty BBC chappies went in the 80's (as did Bert).

They were expecting to rule the roost, knock a few yokels around and return home victorious.

As he recounts in his book they took a right battering.

Served them right.
Does this mean there’s something in Cowens’ book that’s actually true?

As noted above, we haven't played Lincoln in a competitive game since 2000-1, when we beat them 6-2 on aggregate in the 1st round of the League Cup (6-1 at home, 0-1 away). We last played them in the league in 1984.

Since we last met Lincoln we have played 83 of the other current 90 league teams in competitive games. The exceptions are:

• Newport County, who we last met in 1984 in Division 3 (if you consider the current phoenix club to be the same entity at the club that went out of business in 1989)
  • Barrow, who we have never played in the league but beat 5-0 in the FA Cup in 1956 when they were in Division 3 North
  • Accrington Stanley, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Sutton United and Salford City, who we have never played.

As noted above, we haven't played Lincoln in a competitive game since 2000-1, when we beat them 6-2 on aggregate in the 1st round of the League Cup (6-1 at home, 0-1 away). We last played them in the league in 1984.

Since we last met Lincoln we have played 83 of the other current 90 league teams in competitive games. The exceptions are:

• Newport County, who we last met in 1984 in Division 3 (if you consider the current phoenix club to be the same entity at the club that went out of business in 1989)
  • Barrow, who we have never played in the league but beat 5-0 in the FA Cup in 1956 when they were in Division 3 North
  • Accrington Stanley, Forest Green Rovers, Harrogate Town, Sutton United and Salford City, who we have never played.
In Carrier Bag Firm land ... Sheffield United Reserves have played at Accrington Stanley
Wednesday 28 November 2001, Avon Insurance League Cup, Rochdale Reserves v Sheffield United Reserves, was played at Accrington Stanley. (Incidentally, that XI included Phil Jagielka & Michael Tongue).

Saturday 27 July 2019, Sheffield United U23s played a pre season friendly away at Barrow.

Bert is not a man who puts his head over the parapet, however he has sent you a message.
Understandable and apologies. Seen your reply, not aplace I know as my properties are city centre

Back
Top Bottom