Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters

Maybe a bit harsh regards the 2015/16 125th Anniversary shirt? Don't think Adidas could've done too much about that as they had no option but to base it on red pinstripes on a white background as that is what our kit looked like in the mid 1890's. Maybe wouldn't have been as bad if it was as a 3rd shirt and not the home one but that was probably more to do with the club rather than Adidas I'd imagine? That season was also the lowest we'd finished for about 30 years but on field performances can't be placed at the kit manufacturer's door.

This is all down to differing opinions but the 2018/19 promotion shirt I liked, the solid white back I thought made a refreshing change as I don't think we'd ever had that before on a home shirt? As a general rule I'd still prefer a striped back more often than not though!
Correct.

Loads of other clubs have done an anniversary shirt and their fans all loved it but ours started foaming at the mouth…… “it’s not a United shirt”.

I assume most people didn’t realise it was a one off based on our first ever kit. Even if you didn’t like/get the concept there is nothing wrong with it aesthetically.

Just went to have a look for away shirt, looks to be sold out - Bugger! Home and GK still available for adults.
Other than eBay, any recommendations for sites that have away shirts on? Looking for a few, but mainly the green 3rd kit in a Medium.
Try Vinted, Depop or Facebook market place.

People tend to sell stuff on there they’ve tried on and can’t be arsed to take back.

Got a few bits on there that the club shop sold out of.

Correct.

Loads of other clubs have done an anniversary shirt and their fans all loved it but ours started foaming at the mouth…… “it’s not a United shirt”.

I assume most people didn’t realise it was a one off based on our first ever kit. Even if you didn’t like/get the concept there is nothing wrong with it aesthetically.
I agree with almost all of this except the last sentence. The major flaw with that anniversary kit was the addition of the John Holland sponsor. Without that it's both a better reflection of the original United kit and a better looking kit.

I don't know where they got them from but Classic Football Shirts sold off a load of sponsor-free versions. I've got one.

I just hope this isn't the Prince's version of being McCabey and grabbing the first price/deal offered for Walker/Maguire/Naughton/Jags etc...

they do some nice designs. Find the quality to be cheap and sales will take a definite hit.
I always find the 'Thai quality' kits from China wash well and are generally great quality, not impressed with the ones we sell in the store tho

I think I'd rather go whole hog and go in house tbh, with a subtle reference as the name of the manufacturer, like Beerschot. The Beerschot kits were made by Nike weren't they? Or was that bollocks. Get Shoreham Street Magnifique branding on them.

I'll miss Adidas personally, nicest stuff to actually wear in my opinion. I'll be a bit gutted if we go back to polyester bin bags.

Surely with the sales they get more from Adidas just cos its Adidas.

I seem to remember our first season with Adidas we sold more that we ever did before.
I wonder what the mark up is with Adidas,probably a lot less than some of the others

I doubt that but that's all I know. Time will tell. I won't mind if it does fall through or if it goes ahead. My wife has told me she doesn't want me wearing football shirts anymore. I'm nearly 40 Lynn!
It’s already done.

Would love Castore personally but can’t see that unless we’re in the prem.

Would love Castore personally but can’t see that unless we’re in the prem.
Not a fan of Castore at all. While their designs are clean, their kits just have that cheap look to them.

Would go for Umbro or Hummel myself, or really anyone but Nike or Macron.

I doubt that but that's all I know. Time will tell. I won't mind if it does fall through or if it goes ahead. My wife has told me she doesn't want me wearing football shirts anymore. I'm nearly 40 Lynn!
Gerhersorted, our lass still buys me them for Xmas and moans at me when I don't wear them and I'm 64 😁

My oldest has had a shirt with the name and number on the back every birthday since Adidas took over (pushing £70). I very much doubt this will be the case next year

They've got a catalogue

Tbh, it doesn't look bad if there's scope to actual fully customise it all, it's a bit 90s some of their off the shelf stuff, and some of the polos look a bit like the Adidas ones we had in 2018 where they were segmented across the chest, so there's scope for something if they went retro with training gear.

If they've gone Errea and hired a kit designer, cautiously optimistic, if they've gone Errea and we're just having their templates, it'll be shit.

Dont care who makes the kit. Nothing special about Sadidas anyway. That home shirt they saddled us with in the 2nd season in the prem was horrendous

Brand!
Presumably the Blades get the lions share of any income? Do the other United World clubs have any input?
How much are sales from training kit worth, compared to Addidas?

I have been in Asia for the last 13 years, so I am ideally placed for knock off branded stuff. Just like the real stuff, quality can be variable.

Back
Top Bottom