Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters
Mate, that promotion kit is historic. Ironed on, discoloured Ramsdens Sticker, white back, plain arms. But I fucking love it.
Hated it at the time, refused to buy it. Then i remembered i need to have every kit so ended up getting a 2nd hand one on ebay. The front of the shirt is lovely. The material of the stripes 👌

Its the main downside to Adidas - very rigid but quality and top name. Lets be honest we are never going to do anything adventurous apart from a 3rd kit though.
What's the big issue with templates anyway? As long as it isn't the same as the previous United kit I don't see the issue.

Not as if you're going to wake up in three years time and go "ah shit, I was going to wear my United 22/23 shirt today but it's the same as the PSV shirt I wore yesterday and the Athletico Madrid one i wore last week; how embarrassing!"

Many teams globally play in red and white stripes. It's inevitable some will be almost the same.

Surely quality material and decent design are the most important.

Last edited:
What's the big issue with templates anyway? As long as it isn't the same as the previous United kit I don't see the issue.

Not as if you're going to wake up in three years time and go "ah shit, I was going to wear my United 22/23 shirt today but it's the same as the PSV shirt I wore yesterday and the Athletico Madrid one i wore last week; how embarrassing!"

Many teams globally play in red and white stripes. It's inevitable some will be almost the same.

Agree. We are always going to be red and white stripes its only really the 3rd kit where we get to push it and be adventurous. Some of the 3rd kits for New Balance & Nike are very nice but equally they tend to be for huge clubs like Liverpool, Celtic, Chelsea.

We are probably going to be their biggest club, so we'll get all the attention from the designers. If they provide us with a yellow away kit with red trim, it'll be worth whatever the lack of quality provides in terms of positives outweighing the negatives. It's as simple as that.

I would've preferred Umbro or New Balance, maybe even Hummel, but it is what it is. If this is the best financial deal from the clubs point of view, and if Errea take our most loved retro away kit designs and bring them to life again, that'll be enough for me. I just don't want any daft collars down to your chest plate. I don't want to see everyones grandads chest hair thanks - if you're doing a collar put fucking buttons on it.

The training kits from Adidas are the main benefit of the deal. It's the only Blades stuff I've bought for years. I know it's all templated but it looks decent (as sportswear!).

Good riddance Addidas no more blank back of the shirts…stripes all the way down a traditional Blades shirt …Umbro are great

Is the blank back down to adidas or the club though? The green & blue Leeds away shirt from last season had stripes on the back and the sleeves. A red & white version of that would have been much better than what we actually got.
I agree on the training wear though. More people will buy it if it's adidas - if it's a "lesser" manufacturer they just won't bother.

I'm not bothered what strip they play in or who manufacture's it,all i want is the team to play good football and win more games than they lose,hopefully get promoted.

They will all probably be made in the far east in a sweat shop by under pressure youngster's who get paid with a bag of rice.

Adidas know how to charge for their products,dont they.

I see badge snobs (on car forums) mostly,blah blah blah.

This kit is the best,its the painted on version.

Exoman in Florida

View attachment 130122
Looks like a lady boy 👎

What I will say, is the finish/quality, professional image, reputation and range of Adidas has been spot on. We look like an aspiring PL club whilst wearing such an elite brand.

I won't forget some of their monstrosities though, they have offered us three of our worst ever kits in recent years:

This absolute disaster and complete and utter low point:
View attachment 130123

This complete and utter failure of a kit. WHITE BACKS? Don't get me started again:

View attachment 130124

Then, IMO, the worst of the lot. Like 3 kits combined into one, horrendous design and coupled with one of our worst ever seasons. Failure throughout:

View attachment 130125

It hasn't all been plain sailing.

Maybe a bit harsh regards the 2015/16 125th Anniversary shirt? Don't think Adidas could've done too much about that as they had no option but to base it on red pinstripes on a white background as that is what our kit looked like in the mid 1890's. Maybe wouldn't have been as bad if it was as a 3rd shirt and not the home one but that was probably more to do with the club rather than Adidas I'd imagine? That season was also the lowest we'd finished for about 30 years but on field performances can't be placed at the kit manufacturer's door.

This is all down to differing opinions but the 2018/19 promotion shirt I liked, the solid white back I thought made a refreshing change as I don't think we'd ever had that before on a home shirt? As a general rule I'd still prefer a striped back more often than not though!

Is the blank back down to adidas or the club though? The green & blue Leeds away shirt from last season had stripes on the back and the sleeves. A red & white version of that would have been much better than what we actually got.
I agree on the training wear though. More people will buy it if it's adidas - if it's a "lesser" manufacturer they just won't bother.
The only thing I can say it’s only since we had adidas it’s happened and I’m pretty sure it was talked about it being an adidas decision with us

Why are we fucking abart, why dont we just get Masterb8 to make our kits, like our neighbour's do!?

Thing about templates is you can buy the blank ones for about a fifth of the price, so you have badges and sponsors added along with £40. plus they aren't unique or really interesting because they are cut and paste crap

The only thing I can say it’s only since we had adidas it’s happened and I’m pretty sure it was talked about it being an adidas decision with us

Had a couple of blank backs/not full stripes when we had Le Coq Sportif if memory serves.

My only problem with Errea is that it sounds like some sort of bowel complaint......

HH

Everything 50% off now,might treat mi sen to away shirt 27.50 is more like it.
Just went to have a look for away shirt, looks to be sold out - Bugger! Home and GK still available for adults.
Other than eBay, any recommendations for sites that have away shirts on? Looking for a few, but mainly the green 3rd kit in a Medium.

Apart from the bouncing day season kit I have found the adidas kits pretty underwhelming myself, some nice leisure wear though.

Think a change is overdue.

Back
Top Bottom